Thread: Drop-in games

Default Drop-in games

When I'm playing the single player game I get drop in players playing as the enemy. Just wondering how do I drop in to someone else's game? i.e. they are playing their single player game and I drop in for a once off match? Is there an option in multiplayer?

Default Re: Drop-in games

Yeah, go to the avatar campaign in MP, there you can select Matchmade Battle and select dropin.
    I'm guessing it takes a lot of waiting though, those games don't happen too often.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

I have also tried to get people to "drop in" battles I am playing but noone answers the call. IIRC there says in the manual that you can play a sp campaign game and drop into battles and your single player campaign will be saved and you can play a multiplayer match.

I will see if I manage a drop in game tonite
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Emperor View Post
    I have also tried to get people to "drop in" battles I am playing but noone answers the call. IIRC there says in the manual that you can play a sp campaign game and drop into battles and your single player campaign will be saved and you can play a multiplayer match.
    Have you tried if you can play normal MP? Maybe you have connection issues anyway due to firewall or router configuration or something and just haven't noticed yet.
    And yeah, I used to get "a dropin battle is available... do you want to join?" messages sometimes when playing NTW SP; when I played those, I got back to where I was in my campaign.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I was doing my SP campaign, minding my own business when I received and accepted an offer to drop into some one else's battle. I killed his general before his superior forces destroyed me...

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't have S2TW Otherwise would gladly dropped into your battles in your campaign
    I love both "drop-in" battles and "Multiplayer Campaign"s (MPC) that introduced first in Napoleon:TW. And I think (Unlike others) that Drop-in battle are the of the good features and ideas CA introduced and it especially suits me well ,Because I set it on searching ,then get back to my work(s) while keep checking the game to see if it found a battle to be dropped into. I used to do this for [sometimes] as long as 3 hours+ per day ,But I have less time for gaming these days :p

I've played 2 drop in games, i was up against it in both but i didn't do badly considering.

I managed to play 5 drop in games last night from my avatar matchup. It was really fun though I lost 4 of the battles. It was fun altough a bit pointless for a player to ask for a dropin fighting with a large fleet against 3 trade ships. In those battles I lost I probably inflicted a lot more casualties than the A.I would have

If im playing SP and allow drop ins no one join and when i trie to quit the search the game freezes,very annoying anyone else get that?

Quote Originally Posted by bushranger View Post
    If im playing SP and allow drop ins no one join and when i trie to quit the search the game freezes,very annoying anyone else get that?

Yes I have got that error. Therefore always quicksave before you search for an opponent