Thread: I m not getting any money

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Default I m not getting any money

Currently I am playing with the Hojo Clan and after all I ve conquered just one province in 10 years! This is mostly due my money shortage... My two crappy castles produce only about 5000 a turn and financing one stack and a half stack fleet almost ruins me... I ve occupied one of these trading spots but it only generates about 800. I m surrounded by clans that have conquered half of Japan ... seems like the classical slow approach with building up your economy doesnt work anymore...

Any ideas to boost my income?

Default Re: I m not getting any money

Well, if your not fighting, having one and a half stack gets to your income pretty fast. Taking just one province in 10 years is more like going ultra slowmo than slowpaced play if you got almost 2 full armys.

Build markets, trade harbours, get as many trade agrements you can, put 2 tradeshipts on every trade post you can take and defend.

Tech so you can build better farms/irrigation, and cut on the military spending if your content with just deffing till you get your regions well developet.
    What did the muslim say to the mongol?

Dont sack me

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Moved to Shogun: Gameplay & Strategy
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Coolguy's Avatar Libertus

I've only played the Shimazu & Oda so far and this is my view on Shogun 2:

investing almost all your money in your economy in the early game just doesn't work anymore.
    The opponents are much more aggressive and depending on what clan you're playing - you almost have no other choice to churn out units from turn 1 just not to get overwhelmed.

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    Currently I am playing with the Hojo Clan and after all I ve conquered just one province in 10 years! This is mostly due my money shortage... My two crappy castles produce only about 5000 a turn and financing one stack and a half stack fleet almost ruins me... I ve occupied one of these trading spots but it only generates about 800. I m surrounded by clans that have conquered half of Japan ... seems like the classical slow approach with building up your economy doesnt work anymore...

Any ideas to boost my income?
    get Trade Agreements with other clans is the only way. Relying on taxes wont help. in my game taxes only give me a little under 6k but trade gives me a bit over 10k.

edit: I am playing as Shimazu