Thread: The Georgia Issue

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Default The Georgia Issue

I really think it's about time someone cleared this issue up. Nationalist ranting has no place in the mod forums! Perhaps if Kakhaber and others like him cannot take the point, it should be forcibly made clear, because I for one am sick about hearing of Georgia! And I'm not Armenian or Russian!

we will probably (underline that Probably) make some georgian units if we find the time. It isn't so likely, anyway, the creation of a Georgian playable faction.
    It's something that has to deal with the rome engine, with the culture stuff and all.
    And, obviously, our lives.

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

I suggest perhaps some Georgian units be allocated to the Empire of Trebizond. It could not really have come into existence without support from the Georgian kingdom. A mercenary might be an idea, but all this might be rewarding a ranter.

There will be surely a lot of georgian mercenary units!

The ranting is discouraging modders to make a Georgian Faction. If it keeps up, we should abandon Georgia altogether.

The statement is clear:
    NO MORE RANTING IN THIS FORUM!!!
    The die is cast...
    Unfortunately, it turned up right for Caesar, not for me.

blindfaithnogod's Avatar Laetus

for real that guy is anoying

Beka's Avatar Tiro

Sorry boys but Empire of trebizond should not have Georgian Mersenery units as any athor faction, it would be Historicly wrong.

David and Alexius Comnenus were closely supported by Georgia in its early years briefly holding Bythnia. Simply put, if there is no faction of that sort mercenaries would represent the situation. I personally am not especially bothered. It would be nice if there would be a maximum number of faction, but that it not likely. The modders surely have a life outside and are not a monastic order dedicated to the holy duty of modding.

This link discusses some of the mercenaries the Byzantines and by extension the empire of Trebizond employed. If there is a Trebizond, the greatest use of them was in the early years of that empire. It most certainly is historical to use Georgian mercenaries. They were described as Alans, though like Kelts to describe the Latin mercenaries, it was profoundly achaic as a usage, if not wrong.