Thread: Siege, attackers don't move

Default Siege, attackers don't move

I just had a siege battle: attackers don't move, there are none that tried to climb the walls, some units finally moved ( a few) , none walked onto the bridges, and these units stayed before the walls , without reacting, making themselves slaugthered by bullets and arrows

If IA attacks, it sends unit per unit, so there is no a general attack of all your ennemies on the castle...

Default Re: Siege, attackers don't move

This is a serious issue. I also have the whole (lets huddle ina corner of the map" issue with attacking siege AI.

I find that siege AI on defense is fine, and open fields seems fine. If they can fix this issu on the AI siege attackers.. we'd be pretty good.

We really need to make a stink out of it though to ensure CA gets that this NEEDS to be fixed

same thing happened to me twice in a row

Which clans/provinces involved? I've fought about five siege battles on defense and haven't faced this problem yet (playing as Hattori).

Didn't turn out so well for me.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

twice as Oda (once against Hattori, once Against the shogunate) and once as Chosokabe (I think it was vs Mori)

it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it KILLS the enjoyment of the battle

Yes, ditto here. I've also experienced AI reinforcements sitting idle outside castle walls, or worse still, sitting idle at the edge of the map. Definitely needs fixed but what worries me is this 'bug' has been around since Medieval 2 Total War.

Only current ways round this are:
    1. To bait them by leaving your fort/castle.
    2. To run down the timer (note: don't set the battle timer to 60 min or indefinite!!)

I have also had this bug . From my experience, the AI does fine unless they have a reinforcing army. If they do, they just hang out at their reinforce point and sit their idle

I've had this occur twice when a reinforcing army just enters the castle battlefield and doesn't join in the attack. It just sits on the edge of the battlefield until the timer expires.

Happened a lot to me at one point. I switched of my computer, let it coo down a bit, and it never happened again (been playing the whole day).

Semms to happen when a lot of cavalry is involved.
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Recently had this happen to me... with a 60 minute timer. The enemy's first wave attacked fine but the reinforcements mostly sat in their valley camp. If I sent my forces out they would sometimes intercept with a few of their men but their main force didn't leave the map edge. The game also suffered extreme frame lag so I couldn't even fast forward the time effectively.

I've seen this happen every single time (around 2-3 in my first campaign) with AI siege reinforcement armies. There's probably a glitch which freezes them or something.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

This mostly only happens when I manage to kill off the general or captain of the army. All units not currently attacking just freeze and stay where they are, and the AI reinforcments just sits idly at the edge of the map. This bug has been in the game since even Rome: Total War, somebody ought to have figured out a way to fix it by now
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

i find the enemy cavalry sits back untill all of the infantry is dead before dismounting and having a crack at me too. if they all attacked at once im sure i would have lost quite a few more battles but as it is the AI lets me kill their attack force piecemeal.

Cavalry holding back until all the units get killed,reinforcements not moving, infantry getting in waves & not together.
    These r some of the bugs which if possible shld be fixed.
    But if u looked at it historically, the japanese cavalry either stormed into walls of spears, flanked and attacked , or just held back until all the ashigaru r killed. The ashigaru were also sent wave after wave so historically, they weren't really into art of war, they were into art of suicides.