View Poll Results: Castle , Always change !

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Agree ! .

25 64.10%
  • I dont care really .

7 17.95%
  • Nah , Is good as it is.

7 17.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castles , Always Change!

Default Castles , Always Change!

Hello .

One Thing i've really liked on the past totalwar games , is that the city, fort , castle etc on where you foughted , never changed , but it was the same as it should be everytime . Now instead , on Shogun 2 , everytime you play , you get a different fort , randomly choosen . I think it really sucks , unrealistic and not fun at alll . Just to show how weird it is , one of the cities i've conquered , that is in the middle of mountains , have been besieged 3 times , and 2 times on 3 , the fort was next to the sea ...!? This is really annoying and kill the atmosphere...

What do you Guys and Girls think ?

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Default Re: Castles , Always Change!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Hello .

One Thing i've really liked on the past totalwar games , is that the city, fort , castle etc on where you foughted , never changed , but it was the same as it should be everytime . Now instead , on Shogun 2 , everytime you play , you get a different fort , randomly choosen . I think it really sucks , unrealistic and not fun at alll . Just to show how weird it is , one of the cities i've conquered , that is in the middle of mountains , have been besieged 3 times , and 2 times on 3 , the fort was next to the sea ...!? This is really annoying and kill the atmosphere...

Never happened to me before, I allways have sieges with castle near the sea when the castle on the campaign map is near the sea, all other sieges have allways been the castle surrounded with land.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think it's good to have changed castles, and not the Medieval sheet where ALL castles from everywhere were the same. But it's not good that the same castle looks different either...
    [Col] RO Citizen

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

I hope you're saying that castles on different place are different and not the same place are different, because if the latter then it'll be dead freaky. The former is normal, I mean every daiymao wanted something different. European castles are outright flat and boring. Japanese castles are far superior IMO.

Uandwhosearmy's Avatar Miles

Hello .

Are you saying the castle and the surrounding environment in the same province changes between battles? That sounds like a bad feature if true.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Hello .

Dont have the game but at a guess I would say the game picked the wrong template so its a bug.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

guys, he meant that he fought 3 battles in the same castle and they all look different each and everytime. I hope this isn't true. this has to be a bug. don't tell me this is a feature? a mountain castle became a seaside one in battle map, that is, erm....
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well Graham , if you are talking about Rome And MTW 2 , then yes , it could be boring but at least Moscow castle want on the sea , if you know what i mean . all the castles was in the right position etc . now there are just castle for each level (fort has 3 , fortress has 4 etc etc ) from what i'm discovering , and everytime it is choosed randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    guys, he meant that he fought 3 battles in the same castle and they all look different each and everytime.
    Yes Exactly . I think its not a bug , but its a feature , or at least a common bug , because also my friends are experiencing my same thing.And cool too know i'm not the only one that find this weird (as hell)
    Last edited by Lord Willy; March 16, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

I just fought 4 battles on the same castle and it looked the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooon View Post
    I just fought 4 battles on the same castle and it looked the same.
    Wha? thats weird .. I mean maybe then its just a bug and not a common feature... Try some others please , and let me know . Thanks.

I'll try, not a problem. As long as I survive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooon View Post
    I'll try, not a problem. As long as I survive lol.
    Thanks! well just do this . Save before the battle , then start the battle , quit , reload the save , and do the battle again .

I'll try on different castles, the castle was same on the 2 battles I just fought.

Never noticed that...

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

I havent noticed anything yet but will keep my eyes open.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Icon8 Re: Castles , Always Change!

Hello .

wow i wish mine was like that iv conquerd 10~ provrances and its driving me nuts!!! they have all been the same castle!!!?? glitch? grrr

Its funny however because some of them have archer towers? and some didnt?! by far the strangest glitch
    Last edited by Warkeeper; March 16, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Icon5 Castle glitch's need to be adressed asap!

Thread Merged.

I'm busy playing as the shimazu clan and i hold 6 provrinces and they are all near the coast.. due to where i start how ever..

They all apear to be the same castle once in seige and its driving me crazy.
    i have noticed somone else on the forum saying he gets randomly generated one permantly and it dosnt even if it dosnt match his surroundings!?
    only diffrance iv had in the caslte's is a few towers will be in them now and then.. its a small caslte and no good for large forces witch is what stage im at now.
    anyone got any ideas? I cant realy play the whole 60 regions with just one castle !
    Last edited by Harry Lime; March 16, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Wah , Then me and few of my friends are the only one experiencing this ? but its weird anyway that some people have always the same castle some never experienced it and some yes . Thats very strange. More reviews will be cool .

I justed tryed a custom battle... and belive it or not.. same castle!? Steam is rubbish i can guarentee its been a error installing!.. gona try find my save file and reinstall?

Edit; anyone know where the saves are located?
    Last edited by Warkeeper; March 16, 2011 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warkeeper View Post
    I justed tryed a custom battle... and belive it or not.. same castle!? Steam is rubbish i can guarentee its been a error installing!.. gona try find my save file and reinstall?

Edit; anyone know where the saves are located?
    This has to be the best Steam rant I've ever heard. Same castle? SAME BLOODY CASTLE? IT HAS TO BE STEAM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast