Thread: CTD every other battle

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Default CTD every other battle

title says it all. its a pain in the ass to fight a campaign whenever every other battle the game crashes and i have to start the battle all over again, only to have the next battle crash.
    You look great today.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: CTD every other battle

Hmmm thats not good. What are your specs?
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Which clan are you playing? I've played significantly into Hattori and Chosokabe campaigns and haven't run into any trouble just yet...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

only crash that i've had until now was on a sea battle and thats because i started nonsenselessly alt tab again and again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by shinegun View Post
    only crash that i've had until now was on a sea battle and thats because i started nonsenselessly alt tab again and again and again...
    I should mention that I did have one crash, and it was during the tutorial naval battle. Interesting...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

he should upload his save game and let you guys try it out. could be just his comp.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

im takeda, id load it up but im just about passing out, so ill do that and give you guys my specs tomorrow
    You look great today.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Moved to Technical Help.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I've played plenty of battles and hve yet to have a crash - I may be lucky.

As others have posted - please load up a save game. Also post your PC specs and the game settings that you are using (a picture of the options menu may be enough):

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I crash every other battle aswell, always seemed to happen when a General of my army was about to die.

I had my setting maxed, I lowered them, and it's been a fair bit better since.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    I should mention that I did have one crash, and it was during the tutorial naval battle. Interesting...
    Also had a crash in the adavanced naval tutorial. The second time I couldn't pause the game (to the menu) and the camera detached from the battlefield... I could freely go under the map or anywhere else but moving the camera was superslow.
    In the unit-intro part in the siege tutorial (the one that was in the demo also) the camera went under the terrain.
    After the first custom battle the game stuck at loading the menu back.
    It doesn't seem to like alt+tab either and crashed after I wanted to go back ingame (main menu) after about 5 minutes.

The preview build was good (only crashed if I wanted to change into window mode), the demo was even better, but the final version is ...the worst lol

Im not sure what kind of error this is, but every so often during any type of battle the game stoppes responding and i have to restart it(it freezes). It always occur during battles, never on the campaign map.

When i ran the "validation check" on the game via steam it found 3 files that needed to be downloaded again. It did so and the validation ran without incident the second time.
    I then play for about 2 hours with no problems before it starts up again. Now here is the "fun" part, i run the validation tool again and what do i get? 3files cant be validated and need to be redownloaded.. This is really annoying as i dont want to repair my game every 2hours

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
    My system is:

Win7 64bit
    12gig ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu 960 @ 3.20GHz
    Gpu: Nvidia Gerforce GTX 480
    (sorry for long post)