Thread: It's worth 50 bucks.

Icon10 It's worth 50 bucks.

Just play Oda for the third times on H/H settings.

All I can say: AI is amazing. You guys CA did a very good job. AI beats the hell out of me no matter how hard I tried. DOES CA LISTEN TO ME???? YOU GUYS DID A VERY GOOD JOB!!!!

I'm just an average player. I'm not a hard-core player that locked myself in a room with full of choke and potato chips. This AI is ENOUGH with me.

I'm really enjoying the game. I never have this feeling since I was surrounded by Mongols and Timurid in M2TW. blah.

To all who needs better graphics. Get out and grab a final fantasy game. The game would have all of things you need such as hot chicks, sexy girl blah blah.

Let get back to game and beat the out of them. This time I won't let AIs take me down, bastards!!!!

Default Re: It's worth 50 bucks.

I'm 0 for 4 on my Hojo hard campaign - I just can't get started since you start at war and another nation has attacked me everytime (even if I got trade rights). I can't hold off the two front war and I keep getting my armies slowed ground away. I may have to beeline stronghold's and forget any chance at early expansion - I've never felt the urge to turtle up before in a TW game.

i was actually surpised when the AI beat me on the campaign map 2 times by out-manoeuvring me and capturing my only city while my army was away.
    I guess i never expected that from a tw game, thats why i lost

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah I just got totally dominated in my Legendary Hattori campaign. Took me about 20 turns to be utterly destroyed. First TW campaign I have ever lost, and I have been playing since the first Shogun!
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chyeaaaa111 View Post
    Yeah I just got totally dominated in my Legendary Hattori campaign. Took me about 20 turns to be utterly destroyed. First TW campaign I have ever lost, and I have been playing since the first Shogun!
    I've been playing since Medieval 1 and on my first campaign it took me even less than 20 turns to be virtually destroyed as Hojo on Hard difficulty!

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

0-3 for Uesugi, damn that campaign is murder

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Raimeken View Post
    0-3 for Uesugi, damn that campaign is murder
    In my Hojo campaign, I saw Uesugi eliminate Takeda and briefly have control of 4 provinces, before being swallowed up by other clans.

This is really Total War!

this is a mass amount of bugs in the MP side of the game at least..
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

I hear ya visser but, being a Total War game, graphics ARE a big part of the game. This is first TW in about 4 incarnations that I have to look at the symbols on the huge floating flags to work out what the hell is what. Because if I look at the troops they're all the same colour stick men.

CAi? Excellent. How to win? I'll get back to you. But I'd give myself a better chance if I could recognise my troops at anything other than hand shake distance!

Did you lose because of superior tactacs by the AI or just a "HARd" factor in each battle?

I think more important than the AI is options in muliplayer, can you have multiple players commanding a large, single army?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I like the fact that the AI actually flanks you now, and fields large armies that can beat you. Also, on Hard, the campaign is bloody murder. On Medium, it's tooth and nail to get anywhere. I went in to the game on H/H, as that's what I've always played. CAI has put me into M/M until I know what I'm doing, and even there I only have 3 provinces as Uesugi, and the third province was won in a war with Takeda which set me back years in terms of military might. Too soon to call, but at this point it seems to be the best TW game since Rome, and definitely the best since Medieval 2.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm going to start on easiest setting my my game copy arrives..

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

CA doesnt listen when they have done many errors so i doubt they would care if they did a good job which should be everytime.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Got owned after 17 turns on my hard Takeda campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    Just play Oda for the third times on H/H settings.

All I can say: AI is amazing. You guys CA did a very good job. AI beats the hell out of me no matter how hard I tried. DOES CA LISTEN TO ME???? YOU GUYS DID A VERY GOOD JOB!!!!

I'm just an average player. I'm not a hard-core player that locked myself in a room with full of choke and potato chips. This AI is ENOUGH with me.!!!!
    I love when noobs think they are the average for some reason and if someone doesn't have an easy time with the game they are automaticaly non-live nerds who spent all their day playing.

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    I'm really enjoying the game. I never have this feeling since I was surrounded by Mongols and Timurid in M2TW. blah.
    MTW2 giving him troubles...

i know this was kinda of an assholic post by my part, but its my honest opinion ^^

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

Dath1's Avatar Civis

Hmm, siege AI is really buggy for me. Archers just stand outside shooting until they're out of arrows, (then do nothing) and sometimes even melee units just seem to...stop. Won a battle where I had 5! men left of my generals bodyguard, and they had like 3-4 yari ashigaru left, yet they just stood outside my castle until the time limit won me the game.

"I Came, I Saw, I Conquered." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTAL View Post
    Hmm, siege AI is really buggy for me. Archers just stand outside shooting until they're out of arrows, (then do nothing) and sometimes even melee units just seem to...stop. Won a battle where I had 5! men left of my generals bodyguard, and they had like 3-4 yari ashigaru left, yet they just stood outside my castle until the time limit won me the game.
    If you'd set the time limit to unlimited you would still have lost. And what do you expect the archers to do when they run out of arrows? They will get ripped to shreds if they try to engage you in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I'm going to start on easiest setting my my game copy arrives..
    No, don't do that - I guarantee you'll be back on here moaning it's too easy, whereupon we'll remind you that you need to play on the higher levels to get a challenge. And boy, do you get a challenge. Well done, CA! I'm going to restart with theChôsokabe clan - at least if you can take Shikoku, you have a bit of a power base from where to build!

OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium