Thread: Anyone else experienced this?

Default Anyone else experienced this?

Feel free to tell me if I missed the announcement of this as a feature and shouldn't be excited, but I just had something which I consider awesome happen during my Date campaign.

So, I ended my turn, and the next turn I get an announcement that my best general is treacherous and I can choose to either make him commit seppuku or give him another chance. Since he's my best general (by far), and I seriously underestimated the ability of the game engine to make good on its threats, I stupidly gave him another chance. Later that same turn (no end of turn between the previous event and this one) I take my large army under this same general's command and attack a much smaller enemy army. But when the battle screen comes up, the odds are against me and half of my army (including my great general) is missing. I check the enemy side and I see that my general has defected with half of my army and joined the enemy as reinforcements. It was awesome. I got to have a brother versus brother fight to the death on the battlefield, and fighting my experienced and upgraded former troops was incredibly painful! Luckily the traitor mostly just convinced the peasants to join him and most of my samurai stayed loyal, so I won the battle, but it was a great moment none the less.

So, has this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by WinsingtonIII; March 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Default Re: Anyone else experienced this?

Next time marry a daughter to him or something

Awesome feature btw

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    Next time marry a daughter to him or something

Awesome feature btw
    That works

By the way i'm curious to try that, make some badass general to kill himself just for the fun
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Lol. I may have to be careful. My Daimyo's brother is getting "delusions of grandeur".

I also have no children for my Daimyo to hostage. Every wife he gets presented is "sherwish" or "greedy"

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Oh man. I would have been pissed.

Thanks for the heads up man. Any traitors within my ranks will die faster than a Gerbil in a speedbag.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Oh man. I would have been pissed.

Thanks for the heads up man. Any traitors within my ranks will die faster than a Gerbil in a speedbag.
    Or just adopt them. Those cute little backstabbing pricks love that.

Yeah, in the future I'm going to take loyalty much more seriously

Also, I just noticed something else about the defection. The troops that defected with the general were the troops that had been under that general's command the longest... Nice touch if you ask me

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

Monks are the agents that make the enemy go with you right?