Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos as it's due

Dubh the dark's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Kudos as it's due

To begin with I was a critic of Empire for obvious reasons. I was unsure of what to expect with Shogun II. Over the last few hours I have played what I believe to be, one of the best crafted games in a long time. Yes the graphics could be a little better, but the immersion and strategic game-play are superb. I am actually having fun something I didn't find with Empire. This is total war with great game-play and I for one will acknowledge that, for I can criticise but I can also praise.
    Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Kudos as it's due

Quote Originally Posted by Dubh the dark View Post
    To begin with I was a critic of Empire for obvious reasons. I was unsure of what to expect with Shogun II. Over the last few hours I have played what I believe to be, one of the best crafted games in a long time. Yes the graphics could be a little better, but the immersion and strategic game-play are superb. I am actually having fun something I didn't find with Empire. This is total war with great game-play and I for one will acknowledge that, for I can criticise but I can also praise.
    Its a great vanilla game but still I don't expect to play it much as there is even less capable of being moffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Its a great vanilla game but still I don't expect to play it much as there is even less capable of being moffed.
    There's a lot of hyper-screaming going on at the moment, I appreciate the game as-it-is-now I bought Halo ODST for e60 and never finished it, I got this for e40 and have already put as much time into this one. I think the standard of these games are high, and rightly so, people try to keep the developers on their toes. But after the debacle of Empire, I give Kudos where they were earned, CA did better this time, not perfect, but then again, no-one and nothing else is, don't expect perfection outta me or I'll be pissed.
    Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

I hear you on the fun part. I just played a few very close battles that kept me wondering which way it would go until late into it. Very impressed by the whole presentation – kudos to CA!

The potential seems excellent, and for the first time stratmap play can be equally engrossing as battles.

All right now that's out of the way, hurry along with all that has been learned from this game and get to work on R2TW, I mean TW:R2.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Yep. It's very fun and immersive. Haven't been this satisfied with a vanilla TW game since MTW1.

Medieval 2 is my favorite. I played the S2TW demo, and it ran very well on my system @ high settings. But the lack of AA and Directx 10.1 was disappointing.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Blom89 View Post
    Medieval 2 is my favorite. I played the S2TW demo, and it ran very well on my system @ high settings. But the lack of AA and Directx 10.1 was disappointing.
    I hear ya, but this is a different thread, for those who can appreciate what they have played!
    Noam Chomsky

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

I don't play campaign so I can't comment on that but the BAI has been challenging for sure. At times I felt I was playing a human as it reacted well to my moves. I still enjoy the musket-artillery TW games better as it's more my speed but I am having fun in the 4 battles I have fought. The mods are going to make this game even better. So far a very promising start - good job CA.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes I was already looking forward to it but I am even more impressed after taking some time in campaign. This is great even as vanilla. Ever since Rome I have always just "tolerated" vanilla until mods start pumping out but this will be fun for me for a while I think. BAI whipped me good on my first battle lol. Made my MP avatar but haven't tried any MP yet but am looking forward to it. Rarely play TW mp except with a friend I have from another game, this looks good though.

Shogun 2 is probably the greatest vanilla game since MTW (the original). For me, Med 2 was the worst but now vanilla is great. I just played my first multiplayer campaign battle and had a heck of a time (winning of course, haha).
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

The multiplayer is pretty fun. If any of you were bowled over by a bright pink army led by "Coily the Anihilator", that was me.

^^Darn I knew I should have named my avatar "Prince of Space"
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Yup, nothing wrong with the game, that breaks and destroys, AKA empire, this is a good step back then forward!
    Noam Chomsky

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    The potential seems excellent, and for the first time stratmap play can be equally engrossing as battles.

All right now that's out of the way, hurry along with all that has been learned from this game and get to work on R2TW, I mean TW:R2.
    I agree PB! BTW, good seeing you on the Shogun forums. Maybe one day you can make a RR/RC for S2! (if moddability allows )
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

This game is challenging...which is whats good

Crazy Hermit's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    The multiplayer is pretty fun. If any of you were bowled over by a bright pink army led by "Coily the Anihilator", that was me.
    Ill enjoy killing Coily at every opportunity I can get

Let me add again, even though I know it'll be thrown back in my face. This is a positive game, better than the last CA games, fun, worth the wait, (Mods- war- etc. ltr.) I have not had this fun since the most recent Rome mod. This is good, I'd like a bit of positivity I wanna hold CA to account over idiotic mistakes, I hope you all do too, do not forget these are the TW games we play! Scream constructively! But love what's right, please!
    Noam Chomsky

Daneboy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dubh the dark View Post
    I am still awaiting my copy in the mail, but like you I was also not quite sure of what to expect after the whole ETW affair - a game which IMO became a great game after all the patches.

After all the positive vibes over this game, I canīt wait for its arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneboy View Post
    I am still awaiting my copy in the mail, but like you I was also not quite sure of what to expect after the whole ETW affair - a game which IMO became a great game after all the patches.

After all the positive vibes over this game, I canīt wait for its arrival.
    Yup, I got it, installed with my retail disk, spent almost 4 hours with the 600mb patch, but when I spent a few hours playing the game, it was very fluid, natural and I had a lot of FUN. I do like this, I hope it gets better with patches, but I know myself it's a great single-player game!
    Noam Chomsky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast