Thread: Bad FPS with Good computer

Default Bad FPS with Good computer

I am running 2500k sandy bridge chip OC'ed to 3.8ghz, Super Clocked 560Ti (EVGA), 4 gigs of DDR3 Ram, windows 7.

I get horrible FPS when a large melee happens, when I zoom out before any fighting begins I get like 60 -70 FPS. Once a big fight happens, my FPS drops to the mid teens......

These are my settings, shouldn't I get better FPS then this?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...B17F2B794F150/

Default Re: Bad FPS with Good computer

I have pretty the same PC...i7-920 4ghz, GTX580 and 6gb of ram.

Same FPS like you, i can't zoom because FPS drops drammatically.

I shouldn't have bought this game........at least i got it for 38bucks. 20% off from d2d, i knew CA wouldn't get there straight.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah it still runs poorly just like the demo. They were so full of crap when they claimed the full version would be more optimized.

Yah it is......wait til they release Dx11, its gonna lag so bad lol.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Am I somehow the only one with an i7 920, OC to 3.4 GHz, GTX 570, and 6GB DDR3 whos not experiencing heavy slowdown when zoomed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimeken View Post
    Am I somehow the only one with an i7 920, OC to 3.4 GHz, GTX 570, and 6GB DDR3 whos not experiencing heavy slowdown when zoomed in?
    What resolution are you using and what minimum fps are you getting when zoomed in during a battle with several units onscreen? I just want to know I'm planning to upgrade my pc.
    Last edited by raven90; March 16, 2011 at 02:35 AM.

I have a core i7, 8 gigs RAM, GTX 580 and Windows 7 64 bit.

I get absolutely smooth fps (locked at 60) always in 1920x1080 resolution, even when zooming in on melee mobs, in night battles with weather, fire, the works.

I don't know why you all are having the issues you are having, being that your systems are similar to mine. Have you downloaded the latest nVIDIA beta drivers? They are not specifically for Shogun 2, but you never know. Those are the ones I am using.

Sucks though, sorry. It's an extremely good experience with smart AI, awesome naval battles, evil campaign AI and a very responsive and fun battle system. The RPG elements are just icing on the cake.

Hi Frei can you please say us what drivers are you using? I have the same pc but with the 266.58. Thanks

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think that the game have issues wit intel /nvidia combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    I think that the game have issues wit intel /nvidia combinations.
    I followed near all the topics here, and i had the same idea like you

Quote Originally Posted by Frei View Post
    I have a core i7, 8 gigs RAM, GTX 580 and Windows 7 64 bit.

I get absolutely smooth fps (locked at 60) always in 1920x1080 resolution, even when zooming in on melee mobs, in night battles with weather, fire, the works.

I don't know why you all are having the issues you are having, being that your systems are similar to mine. Have you downloaded the latest nVIDIA beta drivers? They are not specifically for Shogun 2, but you never know. Those are the ones I am using.

Sucks though, sorry. It's an extremely good experience with smart AI, awesome naval battles, evil campaign AI and a very responsive and fun battle system. The RPG elements are just icing on the cake.
    No you are not. Not with everything on Ultra and everything on.