Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General speeches in Japanese.... No comon

Default General speeches in Japanese.... No comon

I installed the game in English and I prefer not to have to read subtitles in my games. Why o Why would they record the speeches in Japanese? Can we please get a voiceover mod

Default Re: General speeches in Japanese.... No comon

It's more immersive that way.

I hope they do a voiceover mod for the likes of you that don't like it, don't get me wrong, but I think most of us are fine with the japanese voices so you might be waiting a while.

It adds depth, and I like that a lot. One of the nice things about this game is the immersion and atmosphere of it. The artistic style of the 2D art, the Japanese voice acting, the style of the unexplored campaign map; all of these things add to the atmosphere, and it's a really nice touch.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by longboat View Post
    I installed the game in English and I prefer not to have to read subtitles in my games. Why o Why would they record the speeches in Japanese? Can we please get a voiceover mod
    I hope CA don't listen to people like you, Japenese adds immsersion to the game.

Decanus

It is AWESOME as it is!! I really disagree with you, the japanese speeches are great.
    Catch you on the flip side.

I'm installing right now and I haven't heard any of it yet, however, in general I prefer my inspiring speeches in MY native language, with an appropriate accent, in this case, a Japanese accent. An inspiring speech isn't all that inspiring if I can't understand what the hell is being said.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 15, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Esse Quam Videri.

Quote Originally Posted by JPThunda View Post
    @above post--I'm an American, you got a problem with Americans?
    So, not liking Tom Cruise means you have a problem with Americans in general? Tom Cruise is not all Americans

It's a simple thread, I prefer my speeches to be in English so I don't have to read subtitles. What would have been great is an option for speeches in English or Japanese, then this would be a non issue.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 15, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I hope CA don't listen to people like you, Japenese adds immsersion to the game.
    QFT

Oh man this is ridiculous. Not everything has to be in english. If i look good american series than i look them offcourse in english, specially when they have strong accent. When i play a game about Japan i want the original language.

And the matter that you want play games in your own language. Think about what would be if you would be greek or swedish or another native speaker which language is mostly not translated...

Such threads is a huge push to my prejudice of americans and their choice to learn other languages or even hear them...

My english is not the best, but i can speak better french, spanish and i am able to communicate with someone in japanese. And the most europeans can talk in three different languages. And besides English is also Arabic and Chinese.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Senator

While I do like the idea of speaches in the native tounge of the people being potrayed an option to switch them to English, or any other of the common languages, would be nice. That way I can listen to the speaches in which ever language strikes my fancy at the time; and to a lesser extent to get people to stop complaining about little things like this.

Wow, I'm really impressed by this. The more Japanese the better imo, adds to the setting.

Primicerius

Will you people stop. Why does every thread have to turn in to a personal attack or someone beating down on someone or somthing else. It's a simple thread, I prefer my speeches to be in English so I don't have to read subtitles. What would have been great is an option for speeches in English or Japanese, then this would be a non issue.
    I prefer them in Swedish.

I actually think this is really cool.

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Xatham View Post
    It's more immersive that way.

I hope they do a voiceover mod for the likes of you that don't like it, don't get me wrong, but I think most of us are fine with the japanese voices so you might be waiting a while.

Agreed i was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in Japanese. Well done.

This thread is funny... Sorry to be the instigator here but i just thought, this guy must be American... Stereotypes and all!!

Yes someone start making an English speeches mod, preferably with Tom Cruise as voice actor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaris View Post
    This thread is funny... Sorry to be the instigator here but i just thought, this guy must be American... Stereotypes and all!!

Yes someone start making an English speeches mod, preferably with Tom Cruise as voice actor!!

The advisors are in English, so what's the problem here? I don't care who you get to mod it, just make sure they speak English so I don't have to read the screen.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Don't be ridiculous. General speeches in Japanese are one of my favorite elements of the game.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The advisors are in English, so what's the problem here? I don't care who you get to mod it, just make sure they speak English so I don't have to read the screen.
    Readings fun.

Whats the problem with adding English speech V/O as an option? You all seem hell bent on having that game your way and only your way, like a bunch of children.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast