Thread: Did anyone notice...

Default Did anyone notice...

That the battlemaps are very representative of the terain in the battlemap?

I got attacked in a small peninsula, and the battlemap was exactly shaped like the portion of campaign map.

I thought it was pretty cool

Default Re: Anyonce noticed....

yes i've also noticed it, wich is fantastic

making it all more reallistic and you can see how the battlefield will be by checking the campaign map !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Did anyone notice...

That's great to hear. I really missed that feature in Rome.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Hell, I missed it in Napoleon.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post

I got attacked in a small peninsula, and the battlemap was exactly shaped like the portion of campaign map.

That's interesting, but was it on a peninsula that you actually fought?

Was it A or B?

It could be a very tiny peninsula. I think it was on the gold island above Usueghi (or whatever they're spelled) starting region.

I got pushed towards the edge of the island, and the battlemap simulated the coastline very well. Almost exactly .

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

good to read this. it was what sold rtw to me.

may I ask how is the reinforcement situation? rtw style? I don't mind single unit trickles. I just want to know if they come in from the same direction as on the campaign map. please answer.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post

may I ask how is the reinforcement situation? rtw style? I don't mind single unit trickles. I just want to know if they come in from the same direction as on the campaign map. please answer.
    As far as I could determine, they come into play from the correct sides. In groups of five, this time, apparently.

It could be a very tiny peninsula. I think it was on the gold island above Usueghi (or whatever they're spelled) starting region.

I got pushed towards the edge of the island, and the battlemap simulated the coastline very well. Almost exactly .
    Maybe my drawing does not explain what I am asking, all TW battles are fought within a square was the peninsula within the square?

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Maybe my drawing does not explain what I am asking, all TW battles are fought within a square was the peninsula within the square?
    Yeah, complete with coast and every thing, though I suppose that depends on your proximity to the water.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As far as I could determine, they come into play from the correct sides. In groups of five, this time, apparently.
    thanks for answering.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Yeah, complete with coast and every thing, though I suppose that depends on your proximity to the water.
    Hmm thats very good so you could have shortened your front line by deploying your troops say like this........

And the AI could not get around your flanks because of the sea.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    PS, yes its a an excellent touch, did you know that in Empire one chap I know found Google maps were used?
    Wait, what? Do you mean that they found random areas in Google Maps and used those as maps in Empire?
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    RTW map generation continues to impress me. It's really satisfying to launch an invasion from sea and to see my navy chilling on the edge of the battle map.

Tooki's Avatar Foederatus

Sado Island.