Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In between turn times

Default In between turn times

One issue many, like me, had with NTW and ETW was the time between turns. ARGGGG it takes to long. Shogun 2 demo was quick like 3 seconds per turn, but the full game is more like 15-25 seconds per turn. An imporvement over the prior too but still too long for my taste. The only saving grace in my opinon is the music and the gorgeous map, more the music it really is great! I did get to see a preview view in actions a month ago, it did not have all those factions from what I recall.

I've only started playing the campaign, spent most of the day playing around with settings and just watching units march around in custom battles. From someone who has played far in to the campaign do the speed of in between turns slow down, speed up, or stay about the same?
    Last edited by longboat; March 15, 2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: changed something

Default Re: In between turn times

At least it is not that Ottoman bug in which it took about a minute to complete their turn....

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

You whine about 15-25 sec??
    You definately are impatient!!! Seriously!!

klesh's Avatar Senator

Make sure you hit spacebar during the AI turns, which will make the characters on the campaign map move in fast motion, saves alot of time.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    Make sure you hit spacebar during the AI turns, which will make the characters on the campaign map move in fast motion, saves alot of time.
    I've turned off AI moves alltogether

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    You whine about 15-25 sec??
    You definately are impatient!!! Seriously!!
    impatient maybe. However, I may play the game different than you. When I want to move an army 5 or 6 spaces and have no other plans during time is can take several minutes. What a killjoy for me sitting there watching icons flash on the screen for 3+ minutes. That is one of the main reasons I could never get in to the last 2 games.

No one answered the one of the questions yet though, as some of these factions start to "get taken out" of the map, do the in between turns get shorter?

A game with 250 end turns means almost an hour of just waiting.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 15, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Civis

The demo took a short amount of time because it only had about 10 factions at most, with the full game its calculating movies for some 60 factions

so 15 to 25 seconds isn't so bad, especially compared to what it was in previous games

And you can also hit the spacebar (but you do run the risk of missing AI moves)

klesh's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by longboat View Post
    I've turned off AI moves alltogether

Touché.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Its no longer than it has been in previous games. So I don't see an issue here.

dunny774's Avatar Civis

Shouldn't you be grateful?

There is like 40 factions in this

25 seconds is not too bad when I think about it, but it is a bit of a pain, when it's especially noticable, like in a dead-game moment, where you're doing a numbe of turns in quick succession.

I was actually very surprised by how fast the turn times are. The turn times are much faster then most of the mods I play for M2TW despite there being 10+ more factions in the game!

The turns have been getting quicker for me as the game has gone on so if you just put up with it or kill loads of factions it will get quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Paternus Britannicus View Post
    The turns have been getting quicker for me as the game has gone on so if you just put up with it or kill loads of factions it will get quicker.

Thank you ! +REP for you. Yes, I appear to be in the minority when I say the turns are too long, good to know they get quicker as the game goes on and factions get eliminated.

OMG 15SECONDS, HOW WILL U LIVE?
    it's 15 bloody seconds!
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 15, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukey120292 View Post
    jesus christ your pathetic, it's 15 bloody seconds!
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Sorry everyone.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Sorry everyone.
    So worth it
    +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Sorry everyone.
    No sorry, it's between 15 and 25 seconds. Add it up big cheese, for every hour of gamplay you play, you spend XX number of minutes waiting.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by longboat View Post
    No sorry, it's between 15 and 25 seconds. Add it up big cheese, for every hour of gamplay you play, you spend XX number of minutes waiting.
    For what the game's doing in those 15 to 25 seconds, it's still a short time. Remember, all the AI moves are essentially getting worked out during that time, and when there's 60 factions to start that will take a while

Just have a little patience. The game's worth it right?

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah it's pretty fast for me, you clearly haven't played a late campaign ETW game where Maratha/Ottomans take FOREVER to finish their turns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast