Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hattori Campaign Guide

Default Re: The Hattori Campaign Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    Units can hiding in the battlefield

why asking? This information is from Hattori-clan information.
    hmm, let me think about that... 'coz they can't hide everywhere in the battlefield like ninja ?

Anyway I just found the answer : Hattori's unit can hide in long grass

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Darcane View Post
    hmm, let me think about that... 'coz they can't hide everywhere in the battlefield like ninja ?

Anyway I just found the answer : Hattori's unit can hide in long grass
    yeah. it depend more about landscape. If there is alot long grass around in battlefield. Then it is favorite for Hattori and for some units by other clans.

So I have 16 provinces and triggered realm divide.

And guess what? The Shogun just magically spawned a full stack full of samurai infantry and bows.

This has turned out to be a VERY BORING campaign. I spent thus far with only ashigaru units. I have literally only 4 samurai units littered throughout my army. I haven't had the money or time to recruit samurai, or other elite units except for the ninja.

Is this how it goes with this clan? The trade nodes were all filled up and I tried to kick off 1 clan and ended up with a war against that faction and his Tokeda clan that I spent so much on defending against.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by homefry View Post

And guess what? The Shogun just magically spawned a full stack full of samurai infantry and bows.

This has turned out to be a VERY BORING campaign. I spent thus far with only ashigaru units. I have literally only 4 samurai units littered throughout my army. I haven't had the money or time to recruit samurai, or other elite units except for the ninja.

Is this how it goes with this clan? The trade nodes were all filled up and I tried to kick off 1 clan and ended up with a war against that faction and his Tokeda clan that I spent so much on defending against.
    Even my game shogunate have bow samurai army in the kyoto. Several samurai and some cavalry too. It might be painful go siege, where waiting over 1500 archers in the wall.
    I haven't played on my hattori to realm divide yet. Have 13 provinces and already have under 3/4 my realm divide meter.

Even my game shogunate have bow samurai army in the kyoto. Several samurai and some cavalry too. It might be painful go siege, where waiting over 1500 archers in the wall.
    I haven't played on my hattori to realm divide yet. Have 13 provinces and already have under 3/4 my realm divide meter.
    what is your army composition? samurai percentage to ashigaru?

and what are your finances?

Quote Originally Posted by homefry View Post
    Two things that might help: 1) spend some time before realm divide to get your finances in better shape... land consolidation in all your farms helps a lot. As you can tell from my screenshots, I built trade ships early and rushed/fought for the nodes. You can also see from my screens what my income was. 2) when you DO trigger RD, use a ninja agent to subvert the 2nd stack-- then you can send two stacks against his one in Kyoto castle.

For Kyoto on hard, I made one stack of eight trebs, the rest samurai archers. my 2nd stack was 1/3 sam/monk archers and 2/3 shock troops-- nag or katana samurai. All my trebs were in the front except one on the side that I was getting reinforced, and three in the back. All archers started in the back well out of range from the walls, except one, who was in front (also out of range). First everything stayed out of range and turned off except for the rear trebs, who mostly target the rear towers, and gates if you didn't sab them. The sole unit in front prevents the front archers from abandoning their positions in front and moving to the rear.

2nd, I turn on the other trebs to also take out the towers in the path of my shock troops to the center, but mostly trying to kill as many units as possible. meanwhile, the archer in the rear advance on the walls, eventually settling on the first tier, killing as many of the 2nd tier units as possible. As your units run out of ammo, drop engines and immediately retreat.

There might be gap between your 1st stack is completely spent and your 2nd stack is in position-- ordinarily this isn't ideal to give your enemy time to recover morale, but they aren't going to run from this anyway, so it doesn't matter. the last step is to move everyone as orderly as possible to the center ring while taking as few casualties as possible. I got a heroic victory and only lost 400 units in this battle, so I bet if money was tighter, ashigaru in the 2nd stack would still work.

edit: I tried a stack of only kisho + trebs in a custom battle but I just couldnt get it to work. it's at odds with the strat above anyway, since I depend on reinforcing, but if anyone has a primarily Kisho unit strat out there, I'd like to hear it!

2nd Edit In a second playthru, and reloading a save, I noticed something... If you assassinate off the shogun's extra stack before realm divide, he will spawn that 2nd stack. If you leave just one general (or more) there, he will not.
    Last edited by the_intricacy; April 08, 2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added question + factoid

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

So far the Hattori are my favorite clan; though I did start off differently and seem to have allowed the Asai to become a bit too strong. Also in the south the Kitabatake have become a super faction. At the moment (and for quite a few turns now) I've been left alone to build my infra structure, I'm managing to build up my settlements and form a half decent army before I head north. Those Ninja units are sooo cool!!! ...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Ok, double post...

I'm near the end of the time frame (short campaign) I reached the 'divided realm' bit and everyone and he uncle went to war with me, all the careful planning, all the trade I'd set up went in one turn. But still I managed to keep my head above water.

I decided that as I was holding enough regions I would take Kyoto, they were strong but I was cunning, Once I started the battle I shifted my entire force to a different position, as I suspected the AI wouldn't shift to face me and I managed to get most of my army over the wall before they reacted with my archers outside providing cover. Most of my force was mad up of those guys with the long handle swords, not the Yari the other ones. Once inside the defenders were no match and the day was WON..

However, the campaign is over as in the same turn I saw five of my outer towns fall with a few others staring at on coming armies. I reckon when I hit the next turn I'll lose another five and so on until the time runs out.

that's on normal settings..

A lot of fun to be smashed by the AI but frustrating also. Back to the drawing board....

Shikayama's Avatar Libertus

What I did in my campaign (had to start about 3 times) was like this:
    In the beginning I focused on raising my economy. I did not attack anyone since this made me look bad for the other clans. I was busy training my Ninja by assassination and sabotage and spend his knowledge to assassination. In the meantime I build some units so I would not get totally destroyed by another clan.
    I allied with Shogunate (I'm a backstabbing ) and left diplomacy the way it was - trading with everyone.
    After a few turns Tsutsui attacked me and I took their province. Asai was wiped out by another clan and Shogunate wanted me to attack them. Omi was mine. Different clans declared war on me and after taking provinces the map looked a little like this:

This Y form served me two trading ports so I could gain from time to time 4k in one turn which I mainly spend on more economy (I was loved by almost everyone). I could become friend through marriage with Takeda who had half Japan under their control from their mainland up to Iwate (Date).
    I had 3 Ninjas running around, 2 monks (while only one was useful) and a few Metsuke. I focused on assassination which became important later.
    First I tried to get some provinces runned by rebellions, but that was a dead end road. I had to reload and try something else.
    In fact, there was no real progress so I gathered all my units to attack Kyôto. I did automatch this since I am not very well in Sieges and my computer is not fast enough to have the big siege of Kyôto run smoothly.
    After getting Kyôto I held it for one year, replaced my fallen units through Kyôto trained ones and splitted my Daimyô and 3 generals in 4 armies. I sent them to north where Hatakeyama was, east where Imagawa had advanced till Kitabatake province, to the north west where one port was and left one army near Kyôto.
    Having so little provinces my only goal was to defend my territories and expand in one direction.
    In the east it was nearly impossible. Takeda and Imagawa fought Hojo but with Realm Divide there was no use of this.
    Adittionally after achieving shogunate my income went to -800 so I had to seppuku a few units and leave the Nihonmaru for itself until someone takes it (I am not that much into naval battles).
    I had to advance to west. Before Realm Divide - knowing that in the end everybody will fight me, I rushed through Hatakeyama so they are only left at the top corner of my realm.
    A few turns later Chosokabe invaded my homeland but I could smash them with all of their 4 generals.
    With the help of my Ninja I advanced to the west. Killing several Generals and Daimyo. I could even help my biggest fear - a Takeda attack from the east - by eliminating 6 star daimyo Takeda Shingen. The provinces I gained I gave responsibilty to my vessels. This way I could get income through trading. In the west this was okay.
    In the east Sakai started with the same value as in the beginning and declared war on me later. My Oda and Tokugawa vassels managed this but when Oda grew stronger they also declared war on me. I could manage to take the castles without fighting his big army and then make him my vassel again.
    Killing another 6 star daimyo of Mori helped my running for my 25 provinces. and in 1668 I ended the little campaign.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Arigato Shikayama...!

Nice post and here are some screens to emphasise that the first 5 or so turns you should focus solely on economy and diplomacy and play with Ninja

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice the trade and allies......

Thats what i achieved on H/H in the first 5 turns and so far is the best opening move i have found for the Hattori.

As so far my campaign has been a balanced mix of, fun, challenging and nail biting adventures.

i was gonna post more details but after reading Shikiyamas post our campaigns are almost identical....

Default I AM LEGEND!

Completed a Hattori campaign on Legendary Difficulty! Woooo!

read here for details:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443065

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Started Hattori on Hard. Which way should I go to get access to the sea ? I'm trying to use passive campaign, no DOW except the first turn as I need to get another 2 provinces before building up.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Started Hattori on Hard. Which way should I go to get access to the sea ? I'm trying to use passive campaign, no DOW except the first turn as I need to get another 2 provinces before building up.
    Hmmm... perhaps you would scouting east and North area. Both areas have 2 harbors and when you have scouted, then attack to this clan, who is weakest if there is any weak. Check North and East.

Settsu control by Miyoshi in the West or Ise control by Kitabatake in the South-East
    Go with the latter because Hattori will always be forced to go to war with the Tsutsui, who will be allied with the Kitabatake.

Check this out
    http://shogun.bitcrumbs.com/
    Last edited by Solman88; April 13, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Just finished with Hattori.. Now.. what's next ? What's the best clan to play to easier get that defeat Ikko-Ikki thing ?

Content Emeritus

Just finished with Hattori.. Now.. what's next ? What's the best clan to play to easier get that defeat Ikko-Ikki thing ?
    hmmm... Takeda or Uesugi are closer to Ikko-Ikki (if you aren't played on them)

hmmm... Takeda or Uesugi are closer to Ikko-Ikki (if you aren't played on them)
    I'm playing at Uesugi now. Kinda cheated a bit as the Ikko Ikki has been conquered earlier by other clan. After I liberated them I made Ikko Ikki vassal then straight away reconquered them again.

Now almost every clan hate me for breaking alliance.

Pay money to someone you want as an alliance to break their alliance with someone you want to go to war with. Add marriage for high chance.

Quote Originally Posted by izuata View Post
    Still, I keep getting gangbanged. It's based down like this right:

If I take Owi in my first turn, I just end up getting war declared on me by Itakki and two other clans to the east (Saito or something, I forget). I can hold off one, maybe even two with that region, but the third one's stack keeps killing me sooner or later and taking the region so this method just WILL NOT work for me. Sooner or later the southern clans that surround me also declare war on me leading me to get completely raped.

Use your income to break their alliances on turn one. Tsutsui is my favorite ally. I get them to break their alliance with Hatanyo for about 1400. Also I keep renewing a military access of 20/10 with them for a little koku and when they are in war you can likely get indefinate.

Well after 8 restarts on VH Campaign Hard Battle I found some interesting things about Hattori

Going North

1) If you decide to go north, you lose your only 'friend' in that whole region. The guys right on top of you are weak, but they are the only ones without the 'Past Grievances" minus out of everyone close to you. However going north has it's Easy Parts. Not to mention you get TWO ninjitsu schools early woooooooo

2) However the second you kill off your northern friend lies another problem... Your northern friend who is weak, still has to ability to rapeface the ever-so-annoying-on-hattori Ikko Ikki clan. The problem with the Ikko Ikki is that once they get their Temple to lvl 2 you have to face Superior Accuracy Archer Spams and the terrible religion conversion debuff.

3)
    Taking the port from the north gets you much much closer to sado, the gold mine Town. You can get alot of money from this place. Although after couple years these guys have a huge army, they are nothing but silly ashigaru. Not to mention almost every turn the Sado guys take the silk trade no matter how fast I can get a trade ship out from the north or south.

4) Tsutsuki constantly attacks you, but he is so bad you can beat him really really easily. As long as you dont autoresolve spam. Also his ally hateye whatever doesnt go to war with you!

Going South

1) If you decide to go south, it's somewhat easier.

2) Make the Tsutsuki declare war on YOU. When they do, their allies will not come and support him which gives you an easier time killing them off.

3) If you are playing my difficulty, taking the port on your right (the unfriendly blue guys) is hard, for all the wrong reasons. If you play on VH, enemies get stacks of armies out of nowhere. Sometimes it makes me want to throw something off the wall. Not to mention if you try to get the blue guys on the right RIGHT AFTER you kill off Tsutsuki, you will have to go through a forest which makes you waste another turn than normal. And by the time you reach him he suddenly has an army the same size as you, which you are forced to siege the castle blah blah.

4) I absolutely hate any sort of port on the southern side of the island. It takes forever to get and by the time you are there theres like 1 port not taken and pirates will start getting to you. Not to mention I try to take sado in every game I play due to the fact that I love getting me the 2nd richest zone without people hating me.

So far, Hattori are my favorite clans, but mainly because I love ninjas. One of the biggest problems I have with this though is the fact that I cannot find a decent ally aside from the Archer Island place. Still trying to plan which way my conquest has to go, east or west?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast