Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont like samarai or ninjas, but..

Default I dont like samarai or ninjas, but..

If I like Rome and Medeival, will this game be any good? I don't know much China history besides what u find in Romance of the Three Kingdoms games; but I was never in to the samarai side of it which this game seems to place high value on.

Has the AI ever been changed? Do the AI ever naval invasion? Is there guns, fireworks, etc?

Default Re: I dont like samarai or ninjas, but..

Quote Originally Posted by templar_fan View Post
    If I like Rome and Medeival, will this game be any good? I don't know much China history besides what u find in Romance of the Three Kingdoms games; but I was never in to the samarai side of it which this game seems to place high value on.

Has the AI ever been changed? Do the AI ever naval invasion? Is there guns, fireworks, etc?

yes this game is good, the best yet but let me ask you a question .... if you don't like Samarai or Ninjas, why would you want this game?

I laughed when he said "China history." No offense of course.

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

puhhh glad you don´t know much about chinas history, because Shogun2 is playing in Japan.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Why are you worrying about historical accuracy in a game anyway?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Why are you worrying about historical accuracy in a game anyway?
    Clearly he's not, being that he said he doesn't know anything about "China history."

Clearly, Shoguns have nothing to do with China so I don't think this guy cares one bit about the history.

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by longboat View Post
    yes this game is good, the best yet but let me ask you a question .... if you don't like Samarai or Ninjas, why would you want this game?
    depends if he 'dislikes' them or is only 'indifferent' in my opinion.

When i bought RTW, i had no paticular intrest in the Roman era and the only things i learned about the era before this is what i remembered from school or learned from watching Gladiator lol

However, after playing RTW my interest in the genre developed and was very enjoyable. Am indifferent about Samarai and ninjas and have never really been interetsed in that culture/era, but this will no doubt change when i play STW2 and i will no doubt enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Googoo24 View Post
    I laughed when he said "China history." No offense of course.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by GTFO. Jamie View Post
    depends if he 'dislikes' them or is only 'indifferent' in my opinion.

When i bought RTW, i had no paticular intrest in the Roman era and the only things i learned about the era before this is what i remembered from school or learned from watching Gladiator lol

However, after playing RTW my interest in the genre developed and was very enjoyable. Am indifferent about Samarai and ninjas and have never really been interetsed in that culture/era, but this will no doubt change when i play STW2 and i will no doubt enjoy the game.
    I was the same - Rome didn't hold any great interest for me - I just came across the demo on a PC Gamer disc and was utterly hooked; I didn't play anything else until I actually got the full game! And from then on, I wanted to know everything there was to know about Rome and I'm still learning now. The same happened with Medieval II and Empire; Shogun II is beginning to have the same effect as well: I'm actively looking for Shogun based docu-dramas.

These games are not only great fun, they're also a superb tool to get kids interested in history - they should find a way to include a specially made version of Total War in the history syllabus. My nephew played Rome and Medieval II - as a consequence, he became a lot more interested in History.

I wonder - when the original Shogun came out - how many people bought it because of the era, and how many because of the new and exciting concept?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

It plays good, kinda hard actually.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Otherdude's Avatar Decanus

My interest in Asian culture and history of any kind pretty much began with and ended with my time in Shogun: Total War. Within that time frame I was totally hooked. So, the game is definitely worth playing if you enjoy Total War titles, even if you know little about the period.

Quote Originally Posted by Otherdude View Post
    My interest in Asian culture and history of any kind pretty much began with and ended with my time in Shogun: Total War. Within that time frame I was totally hooked. So, the game is definitely worth playing if you enjoy Total War titles, even if you know little about the period.
    I agree - if you like Total War, any new TW game should be something you should at least try even if you don't like the era; you never know, you might surprise yourself! I have an epic session of Shogun II scheduled for after dinner and I'm sure it will be great.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I've always been a fan of the history of warfare. All though not entirely accurate, the TW series does a wonderfully adequate job.
    Last edited by Googoo24; March 15, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post

I wonder - when the original Shogun came out - how many people bought it because of the era, and how many because of the new and exciting concept?
    I bought it because of the unique concept - however I always had an interest in medieval Japan.

It's a really good setting for a TW game imho (same as medieval Europe of course), as I really disliked the imbalance in tech trees for the different factions in RTW, which while in parts historically correct made it a bad choice of era.

Although I never took much interest in the Imperial or napoleonic age, the reasons why I think ETW was abysmal doesn't have much to do with the era chosen, except for a lack of desperately wanting to like the game despite flaws...

under the patronage of Belisarius

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    puhhh glad you don´t know much about chinas history, because Shogun2 is playing in Japan.
    So where's the giant enemy crab?

If I like Shogun Total War, will I like Rome Total War? I dont no much about Greece history, accept wat u find in 300.

Also, any1 know were Rome is? I kant find it on the google maps. Also, Medevil is hard too find as well. Thnx.

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    So where's the giant enemy crab?

will be in the next DLC "gozilla and friends"

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

You don't like Ninjas? I don't believe you.

Get it. I expect some pretty cool medieval mods with this one.
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.
    - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Nostalgia aint as good as it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by the_intricacy View Post
    If I like Shogun Total War, will I like Rome Total War? I dont no much about Greece history, accept wat u find in 300.

Also, any1 know were Rome is? I kant find it on the google maps. Also, Medevil is hard too find as well. Thnx.
    Forget anything 300 'taught' you about Greek history - it was a moderately enjoyable film, but historically speaking, it was garbage.

Regarding Rome and Medieval II, if you're looking for the games then Google Maps isn't where to look. Try Gameplay.co.uk, Play.com, Zavvi, Game and of course, Steam. I believe Rome can be had on Steam for a couple of quid!

If, in the most unlikely event you're asking about Rome the city, well, it's in umm... Italy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast