Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S2TW Bug thread.

Default Re: S2TW Bug thread.

CtD after startup without reason (steam files are verified)
    - congratulations for breaking two games with one bug.
    "Don't listen to me, i am just an inferior german who is not allowed to play a game with blood."

"Since i have discovered a way to play a game with blood as a german, you should take even more care not to listen to me, because i am something like a criminal now."

Drop in battle, during a siege: Two tries, to "out of synch". I think it is when matchlock towers start shooting.

Too bad, I really wanted to play this 5778 guys with 4 canon units assaulting my 2777 guys castle with 1 canon unit. Would have been damned epic.
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

In S2, since the last patch, AI only recruit the small ships (Kobaya and the little ship with explosives) and nothing else.
    It was not like that before the patch, AI used to recruit all kind of ships.

In S2 FotS, my general and army characters on the campaign map are invisible; only banners/swords show up so it looks like they are floating. This has been like this for all my existing and new saves ever since I loaded an old S2 original save (without saving) and then loading back a FotS save. (Also btw, Takeda Shingens portrait doesn't show his face anymore, just the side of a helmet, and its brown; I don't know if this is a change or a bug but it used to be that he had a red helmet and mask). I'm having trouble trying to upload pictures, but if I can eventually i'll upload asap.

I also forgot to mention that navy boats are invisible as well.

In S2 FOTS, in my current campaign I am unable to land any troops on the island to the NE, even though I am at war with them. Really annoying

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Don't know if this thread is still being watched by CA, but figure it can't hurt to re-post the below here:
    I've noticed a few bugs/changes/oddities in vanilla S2 since the latest patch:

1) Mori Nanban Trade Ships' campaign movement range:
    Unlike the generic NTS the Mori NTS appears to be slower, on the campaign map, than traditional Japanese boats, surely this can't be deliberate? Having loaded up an old Hojo game, to compare movement distances, the Mori NTS is also definitely slower than the normal NTS, which makes no sense, so I'm guessing this is a bug?

2) Toggle town names with Ctrl+T no longer working:
    It used to be possible to toggle the town names on the campaign map on/off, using Ctrl+T, this no longer works since FotS

3) Groups appear out of numerical order on battle UI:
    Groups containing an odd number of units are displayed out of numerical order in the battle UI. Rather than groups being ordered from left to right by ascending Group number, all groups containing an even number of units are now displayed to the left of all groups with an odd number of units.
    This can get confusing if one of a group's units gets wiped out during a hectic battle, as the group will suddenly shift its position in the UI. It looks like there's enough space in the new UI so why not go back to sorting groups by their group number?

4) Merging groups takes multiple attempts:
    If two groups are selected and G is hit, to merge them into one group, it often takes several pushes of G before all the selected units end up correctly labelled as part of the new group. The first few times G is pushed some of the selected units end up in a new group, but the others are left unassigned to any group, each time G is hit the units which are grouped, out of those selected, changes a bit, until eventually all selected units are included in a single group.
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

After latest patch: trait 'PLACEHOLDER' when my Hojo General leveled up.

Always CTD when i put a General and unit in to the fleets.

Indefinitely Banned

I thnk the lastest patch has done somthing to multiplayer campaign, me and my friend can't play campaign anymore, since anytime we engage in a battle, the screen will linger at 299 seconds left, and won't get any further. Ive been able to play 1 early battle, and when my friend has tryed to play his, on around turn 9, the same thing happens, and sometimes the problem happens to me, so far we haven't been able to get more then 15 turns into the game because off not being able to play our battles. So far it seems to be happening about every 9/10 times we try.

bug chasing bug with bug.....

now vanilla game gets CTd when i choose special ability to my agent, like "Townsman Disguise" for my assassin

No desyncs for a long time with my friend in campaign (yay!!) But a few issues to report to date:

1) orders given to units that are "grouped" seem to confuse who has control of what units. Particularly units in battle that you "share" with the other player, once shared, if I give orders to a "group" I've seen those orders acknowledged by units now under my friend's control, overriding the orders he gives them!

2) siege pathing is still a bit off, and specifically moving men off and on the walls, even when nothing is in their way. They just ignore orders, either staying on the wall when you tell them to move away from it or vice versa.

More things to report...

1) cannons on left and right of damaged ships kept changing. I had a ship with 11 functioning cannon on the left and 3 on the right so I turned to fire from the left side. But when I turned the ship for a broadside, it changed to say I only had 3 on the left.

2) seems buggy ai does not react to taking fire under certain circumstances. Normally when outgunned and outranged, they react by charging or at least moving in range where they can shoot back, but I've noticed there are a couple of exceptions to this behavior on occasions in my gaming experience today:
    A) sharpshooters narrowly outrange other rife infantry. If you let them fire at a defending army just out of range, they will sit there and take it indefinitely if they have no cavalry. Obviously in that case, AI should move forward a few steps to be in range of the sharpshooters, but their line infantry and the like stand idle and take heavy losses.
    B) once you get advanced armor piercing shells, you can broadside well beyond the indicated ship range. Biggest problem is you can make use of said broadsides and the ai will just sit there. I beat a fleet of 2 armored frigates and 2 armored corvettes with a single wooden corvette because they never moved in range to fire back at me. So silly.

1. Invide province, of the one-province clan.
    2. Destroy the clan and rise the vassal neo-clan.
    3. Allow the AI attack and besiege your weak vassal.
    4. Try to relief the castle defenders.
    5. During ensuing battle behold as enemy kills all of neo-clan's family members.
    6. Win the battle nevertheless.

To whom the province should go now? Neo-clan? No, because they don't exist anymore. Enemy? No, because they have lost the battle. You? No because, you were the side party. The game does not now.

CRASH

No pic needed to explain this.
    My units do not respond well to run or walk commands. When I order my entire army to a new destination some of the units run and some walk. When I order them to slow down they do not respond. The units running are always infantry and the walking units are always cavalry.

Tried different thinks to resolve this.

1. Excluded cavalry in my grouped army. Did not work, units still run and do not respond to walk command.

2. There is a new feature in S2TW that locks my groups, this doesn't work either.

3. Any combination in the above.

All in all my units are exausted by the time they reach my opponent.

Great game nonetheless. Best TW game to date.

Icon4 Re: S2TW Bug thread.

GLITCH - Stuck Under Bridge

All I did was walk a unit across the Bridge and some of them FELL THROUGH IT.
    I managed to get them unstuck by walking back across the Bridge.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

1. AI only recruits and spams the smaller ships causing the most tedious campaign map whackamole among trade lanes ever
    2. AI refuses to accept peace even if I'm obliterating them
    3. Navy AI is a joke. Enemy ships just sit there, then when engage sail to the edges of the map so I have to hunt them down individually, and in some cases their crew disappear rendering their ship invulnerable forcing me to lose the battle since I can not attack it.
    You look great today.

Hi, I have a very annoying problem. I asked this in General Discussion forum but nobody answered it. I think they did not answer it because it is in the wrong page. Anyway, I have installed Bullgod's Daimyo mod. As it is mentioned in the page of the mod,Otomo Sorin's model is not shown on campaign selection screen. This bug is normal. For example,I click on Takeda,after this I click Otomo,but there is Takeda's Daimyo model instead of Otomo Sorin. I deleted the mod but the problem still exists. The problem is that. Please help me.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

The Armstrong guns in Fall of the Samurai when fired do not recoil back. Instead they just buckle a little.

Icon4 Re: S2TW Bug thread.

Random ships destroyed /BUG
    [I am not using any mods!]

sorry for my english
    Does anyone seen this bug too? After a good navy battle. Ships in your fleet suffer random casualties as a result some ships even get destroyed. And no, im talking about "near shore battles", not ocean/storm suffer. Its such a pain in the ♥♥♥. Especially when you trying to save some ships you realy need (in my case its a Black ship)
    Usualy navy battle goes OK. You winning. Some ships are damaged, but none is destroyed. Damaged ships have at least 20-40 men on a board. After the loading screen you see this - "ship lost in battle". WTF!? ok.
    I tryed replay this battles over and over. I leave my damaged ships behind at the boarder of the screen and keep them from any contact with enemy(!). Loding screen... random casualtis and... they DEAD! How the Such a nasty bug.
    Any solutions?

ps. When this happens i try to split my damaged ships from a main fleet on a strategic map. Then they stay alive. But some times its too late. Some times you just press "save game" before battle
    Its just like random seeding. No mater how hard you try, result is the same.

I noticed one more thing.. i guess its a root of the problem. Numbers of men on the ships.
    On strategic map bow cobaya have 30 Marines and 5 Seamen. But in when the battle begins you can notice 33 Marines and 7 Seamen. After battle its 30 and 5 again. Why is that?
    So if you get some of your marines killed you can see (for an example) 20 and 3, k? But when game goes to the strategic map you will see something different. 15 and 5 or 22 and 0. Whats happening there? Are the marines can randomly change their seats?
    My Black ship have about 60 men on board, but in battle its only 32! And if my fleet encounter any enemy ships (1 tradeship will do!) my Black ship counts as lost in battle Even if he watches the whole battle from a sidelines..

Look at this

http://postimg.org/image/6najsyys9/

And now 0/0 ship survived! How is this possible?

http://postimg.org/image/hpiv0ygbj/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast