Thread: Where is the Great Guard???

Default Where is the Great Guard???

after everything has been developed, upgraded and so on why cant i buy great guard?
    anyone having the same problem?

Default Re: Where is the Great Guard???

You must be shogun first I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Roch Coignet View Post
    after everything has been developed, upgraded and so on why cant i buy great guard?
    anyone having the same problem?
    First off, what are the requirements for Great Guard? Make sure you have them.

And I mean doubly make sure. I for one am looking at the encyclopedia and wondering how besides trade I can get my hands on some stone and incense when starting from Echigo...
    Forward, march!

ohhhhhh could be the problem, never thought about that, well unit description didnt mention it, just the buildings you need to have.

You must be Shogun to recruit Great Guard.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Sheep View Post
    First off, what are the requirements for Great Guard? Make sure you have them.

And I mean doubly make sure. I for one am looking at the encyclopedia and wondering how besides trade I can get my hands on some stone and incense when starting from Echigo...
    i have and i mean it, i have all arts and buildings which should enable to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Thanks Jack tried to be shogun for a turn but got attacked by 3 full stack in the next turn on normal difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Welp. There we go.
    Forward, march!

i conquered Kyoto, is that normal that after 1 year of holding the city, i get 1 Great Guard and 2 Yari Cavalry and still cant recruit Great Guard despite the fact that i have the buildings which should enable it? and not to mention that im with Takeda clan and what i got was the normal Great Guard and normal Yari cavalry and not the Takeda specific units.

You get some free alongside your god-mode ship also when you become Shogun. The Mori didnt know what hit them.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Playing a Takeda game; Ive been holding Kyoto for a good 2 years, have access to all resources, have built up all stated necessary buildings etc required for recruiting great guard, and I still can't recuit them! On becoming Shogun I recieved a standard great guard, and not the Takeda version. What have I missed? Could this be a bug? Ive noticed a few people have this issue in the various forums....
    Last edited by stickman; March 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Ive had this issue aswell. still not able to recruit the great guard after becoming shogun, and i only got regular great guard as takeda
    You look great today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkarin View Post
    Ive had this issue aswell. still not able to recruit the great guard after becoming shogun, and i only got regular great guard as takeda
    After becoming the Shogun, i have finished researching and built the legendary bujutsu. In addition to the Great Guard and 2 yari calvary, i am able to recruit one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiphile View Post
    After becoming the Shogun, i have finished researching and built the legendary bujutsu. In addition to the Great Guard and 2 yari calvary, i am able to recruit one more.
    Are you playing Takeda? Ive got a gut feeling that this may be a Takeda only problem.

well, i conquered Kyoto with Takeda on normal and on hard, on my way now to Kyoto on legendary, but there were never ever takeda great guard in my games, all buildings and arts were mastered and i got only 1 normal great guard unit. something is not okay with this i guess.

So it seems we have a bug, I shall now raise the issue on the totalwar.com forums........

Quote Originally Posted by stickman View Post
    Are you playing Takeda? Ive got a gut feeling that this may be a Takeda only problem.
    I was playing as Oda, didn't need the Guard Calvary that much since my upgraded Ashigaru army stacks rocks. As Takeda, even when i became the shogun, i can only get normal Guard Calvary and not Takeda Guard Calvary albeit the experience is increased to 3 if i built a legendary bajutsu in Kai.

try downloading the treasury mod pack. it's like a copy of the the game script or something.

scripting.game_interface:add_restricted_building_level_record("SHO_Port_3_Nanban_Trade_Port")
    scripting.game_interface:add_restricted_unit_record("Cav_Spear_Great_Guard_Takeda")
    scripting.game_interface:add_restricted_unit_record("Heavy_Ship_Nihon_Maru_Mori")
    i think that line is what is causing the issue? down the mod and remove it from that. it should overwrite the original script when you start game?

all speculations. i'm not a modder.