Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AH! those good old days!

Default AH! those good old days!

Who remembers when you bought a game, installed it and played it Now you buy a game install it......OH! steam is busy try later Now installing but at this rate I won't have any chance of playing for another 8 hours. Nothing against steam but it's like everything else these days one foot forward two back!!!...............progress .....It sucks!!!!

Default Re: AH! those good old days!

Installation took me a grand total of 15 minutes....

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by WinsingtonIII View Post
    Installation took me a grand total of 15 minutes....
    same...

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

At least UPS didn't accidently send your order to France instead of Ireland -_________________-

Mods I use:
    Europa Barbarorum.
    Stainless Steel.
    Third Age Total War.
    Darth Mod (S2TW)
    Radious (Attilla)

Steam Profile: Sir Killsalot

And I cant play on my laptop couse no internet connection , is sucks...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Irish guy View Post
    At least UPS didn't accidently send your order to France instead of Ireland -_________________-
    ouch that hurts

tooke me about 2 hours,and in that time i had to figure out why it kept downloading from steam instead of the DVD,really just make it work, there is no excuse for a 1 gig download after loading the game on release day,and the DVD issue has been around since Empire at least.Just make it work how hard is it with a multi-million dollar game?

I assume because Steam have nearly 2,500,000 gamers online that tends to slow up everything. 15 minutes to install is staggering did you buy the game from Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by FEARLESS View Post
    I assume because Steam have nearly 2,500,000 gamers online that tends to slow up everything. 15 minutes to install is staggering did you buy the game from Steam?
    No I had a retail disk. I can understand why it took so long if you downloaded the entire game from steam though.

Yep! I have a retail disc as well. Strange!!! mind you my download speed from BT is 5MB pretty bad considering I'm 50 yards from the exchange :o(

Quote Originally Posted by FEARLESS View Post
    Yep! I have a retail disc as well. Strange!!! mind you my download speed from BT is 5MB pretty bad considering I'm 50 yards from the exchange :o(

I may have just got lucky with the timing of downloading the patch (less people on the servers or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish guy View Post
    'ups' sorta like 'oops' expect mistakes

I saw a UPS van a few weeks back with the keys in the back doors of the van.. good ol' security of those packages..

WTF is the reason to have a retail DISK if you cant use to play the fu$$%$%£ game offline and Install imediately????

I coul dhave even saved the gasoline to go to the shop then to have a few papers that tells me the game is original and a less than satisfieng paper book of a bunch of pages explaining very few of the game???

I am really protesting with this STEAM ABUSE!!!!

I want a game I paid for in the DVDS not put the dvd in ISNTALL STEAM ANd complete the installation downloading the game from the WEB What Insane solution is that!!!???

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Lol, I especially like the way that even having to download from steam, the idiots still some how made it require 2 disks..

I woke up early todays morning, went to shop to buy CDs not to have to wait yet Im right now gought through a total nightmare with almost 7 hours trying to make this work.

Teach me how to install shogun in 15 mins, paying a lot.

Id be better off downloading it right away.

ing steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavesy View Post
    Lol, I especially like the way that even having to download from steam, the idiots still some how made it require 2 disks..
    The game is almost 20 gigabytes. DVD's hold 4.5 gigabytes. Even with the files compressed down, they are never going to fit a game this size on one DVD. The steam download afterwards is the day-0 patch to prevent piracy, it's not part of the files that are on the DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend23 View Post
    I woke up early todays morning, went to shop to buy CDs not to have to wait yet Im right now gought through a total nightmare with almost 7 hours trying to make this work.

Teach me how to install shogun in 15 mins, paying a lot.

Id be better off downloading it right away.

ing steam.
    If you were actually asking how to install the game, there is a nice post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433337 explaining all the way through

The game is almost 20 gigabytes. DVD's hold 4.5 gigabytes. Even with the files compressed down, they are never going to fit a game this size on one DVD. The steam download afterwards is the day-0 patch to prevent piracy, it's not part of the files that are on the DVDs.
    Ah, that's a good point lol, sorry for the stupid comment. Also saying that does that mean after 'day-0' we will be able to play without having to be connected to the internet (connected to steam)

Went flawless for me. Pre-Load, check installed files, start the game, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavesy View Post
    Ah, that's a good point lol, sorry for the stupid comment. Also saying that does that mean after 'day-0' we will be able to play without having to be connected to the internet (connected to steam)
    Once you have downloaded the necessary initial update to play the game, just go to the steam menu and select "go offline." Then steam will restart not connected to the internet and you will not have to be connected to play the game. If you want later updates/patches you will obviously have to go back online and download them, but if you don't mind the current game/patch, then technically you can just stay offline and never download any later patches.

Once you have downloaded the necessary initial update to play the game, just go to the steam menu and select "go offline." Then steam will restart not connected to the internet and you will not have to be connected to play the game. If you want later updates/patches you will obviously have to go back online and download them, but if you don't mind the current game/patch, then technically you can just stay offline and never download any later patches.
    If I started offline on steam, would I have to change steam settings so it connects to the internet if I wanted to play multiplayer (online) though, or does Total War have their own servers for that so you can connect directly to them instead of steam?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast