Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP coop campaign feedback

Default MP coop campaign feedback

Did anyone tried it ? How do you feel about it ?

Can we fight against AI ?

What are the differences / additions compare to NTW / ETW ones ?

Cheers for your feedbacks, they ll decide when I m gonna buy it with a friend of mine ( we play TW games since MTW )

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MP coop campaign feedback

Eager to hear this one as well

When you fight a battle is it possible for your buddy to control some of your men? Is it possible for him/her to just spectate? Is their only option to control your enemy's army?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Eager to hear this one as well

When you fight a battle is it possible for your buddy to control some of your men? Is it possible for him/her to just spectate?
    Yes.

Player 1 (attacking or defending against AI) can hand Player 2 as many units as he likes. One thing we often saw in testing was Player 1 handing Player 2 generals units to command - always fun as you can roleplay one player as the "general", and one as the "army".

Also, Player 2 can just spectate if Player 1 chooses not to hand over any units.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Yes.

Player 1 (attacking or defending against AI) can hand Player 2 as many units as he likes. One thing we often saw in testing was Player 1 handing Player 2 generals units to command - always fun as you can roleplay one player as the "general", and one as the "army".

Also, Player 2 can just spectate if Player 1 chooses not to hand over any units.
    Brilliant feature. Now you can really be an armchair general.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Sounds like a cool feature.

my only beef with it (unless i'm missing it) is you can't save campaigns

Pardon ??? How can t you save campaign??? It was possible in NTW ! I hope they ll fix it ... Cause it looks awsome ! Anyone confirm that u can t save mp campaign ?

i am currently playing a coop campaign with a friend and it is a lot of fun. he plays with the most western clan and i am playing the most eastern clan.
    the feature to split troops in a battle is real fun. sometimes i control the cavalry and my friend the footmen, in castle defense i played only the general to dodge arrows and charge the enemy if he managed to climb the walls. in another castle defense we split the troops to both sides evenly so everyone could focus on one side of the castle. some goes for sea battles, much more fun and less confusing to control only half of the force.

we both are using teamspeak the whole time and are not rushing each other to end the turn (2nd player can give build orders in the time player 1 has his turn and move units when player1 finished his turn) and share wisdom as we gather it during gameplay.

there are still some bugs, but overall a great multiplayer experience.

/edit i can post screens when my friend is back from work and we can play again. i could start a stream, too
    Last edited by r0x; March 17, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    Pardon ??? How can t you save campaign??? It was possible in NTW ! I hope they ll fix it ... Cause it looks awsome ! Anyone confirm that u can t save mp campaign ?
    you can save, quicksave and autosave in MP campaign

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Nadessico View Post
    my only beef with it (unless i'm missing it) is you can't save campaigns
    You can save campaigns, but if you want to return to it, then the person who hosted the game has to host it again and load the save.

Also why can't you play as the AI in battles against the person who you are playing CO-OP with. Also the lack of drop in seems weird.

you can play against each other in the "vs" mode. in coop, well you cooperate

Quote Originally Posted by wis View Post
    You can save campaigns, but if you want to return to it, then the person who hosted the game has to host it again and load the save.

Also why can't you play as the AI in battles against the person who you are playing CO-OP with. Also the lack of drop in seems weird.
    It's called Co-Op for a reason.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Oxus View Post
    It's called Co-Op for a reason.
    I guess that would be a different kind of co-op.
    Your friend has taken over the minds of the enemy soldiers! Put down your pants, put your hands up and face against the ground!
    I'm already dreaming about some neat scenarios with no-Dachi Samurai.

Been playing with a friend in co-op mode on legendary. We started with Edo/Takeda and conquered the regions between us till we linked together.

Having lots of fun so far, except for one desync and a couple of crashes haven't really had any issues. Although I must say legendary is really difficult, even with the two of us by turn 50 we still only had 7 provinces total added together. The AI behave a lot more like players instead of dumb targets, makes it much more challenging and fun.

Played for 8 hours straight with a friend. Only one crash. Fantastic co-op, maybe even some of the best I've ever played.

How exactly does this work? Is it jsut like single player only with another clan in the game being controlled by a friend? How do the turns work? The same or is the flow of the game different?

Can you both take your turns at the same time, considering you're in an unbreakable alliance and cannot attack one another?

Patrizio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    How exactly does this work? Is it jsut like single player only with another clan in the game being controlled by a friend? How do the turns work? The same or is the flow of the game different?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLukeG View Post
    Can you both take your turns at the same time, considering you're in an unbreakable alliance and cannot attack one another?
    It is as Jin guessed, just you and a friend playing two clans. You can limit turn times or not. You share line of sight. You can't move armies or agents at the same time, but what you can do that really makes it worthwhile:

1. You can share units in battle, so you don't need to have troops follow your friend's armies around the map just so you can play together. You can work together in every battle if you desire.

2. During your friend's turn, you can still issue build orders for your own clan! This is truly fantastic as you don't have to just sit around doing nothing.

Throw in some headphones, and you've got a great way to catch up with a friend who lives far away.
    Last edited by Patrizio; March 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM.

we did it! we conquered whole japan in coop! we fought almost every battle together and spend every night since release in this AWESOME coop multiplayer! thx CA for adding it

the final map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I did try and couple of crashes after a cople of tries by the other guys or me and I gived up since I didn't want to arrive to almoust conquer Japan and then steam tells me sorry connection problems and brings you back to the mainscreen ....

this was annoying when first begun imagine after a lot of play ....

anyway if they fix it I think is one great idea / feature of this game but I would like it to be open to more players than just 1 or 2 , a more sane competition may be among 60 or as many clans there are on the map players .... lol a sort of Royal battle .....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast