Thread: Amphibious sea-land battles? Anyone tested that?

Default Amphibious sea-land battles? Anyone tested that?

As titled. How it go, any bugs, that sort of thing.

We've been waiting for this feature since ETW, surprised to see nobody's talking about it yet.

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Amphibious sea-land battles? Anyone tested that?

but there are no land and sea battles combined I believe. I don't own the game but even those who do can't test that for you.
    Vale,
    Strategos Alexandros

P.S. Would you please point out if I make any grammatical or spelling errors? It would be very much appreciated. I will rep+ you if you can also explain the error to me.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

There are no land and sea battles at the same time. But some naval battles will be along the shoreline, and thus run the risk of running aground.

No combinations of both no, though you can attack a settlement directly from the port somehow...

But not join sea/land battles...

I see...

Well then, how are the shorelines affecting naval gameplay? Anyone tested it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    I see...

Well then, how are the shorelines affecting naval gameplay? Anyone tested it yet?
    Like someone said, you can run ashore.

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble.

What about the amphibious assaults refered to in the demo, where you can launch an attack directly from the ship? There is no naval units inside, but your land units start on the shore and have no retreat path. Anyone tested those?

Quote Originally Posted by Xatham View Post
    What about the amphibious assaults refered to in the demo, where you can launch an attack directly from the ship? There is no naval units inside, but your land units start on the shore and have no retreat path. Anyone tested those?
    I've been trying to figure this out to no avail. If someone finds out how, please let me know.

I'm gearing up for a naval invasion of Sado, the Island north west of Uesugi lands, I'll let you know how it goes once I finish up my schoolwork...

4 hours just float on bye when you're playing Shogun...
    Forward, march!

Optimistic thinking of mine, but makes me wonder if they aren't 'trying' this in Shogun 2 for the chance of merging the two in a future total war.

I thought it said in the tutorial that you could have a combined sea/land battle.
    "The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected" - Sun Tzu

I think this was originally supported but they dropped it for whatever reason. Pretty sure that's what they said in that old leaked footage, the one where CA was talking to students or upcoming game developers or something. They video they were demo-ing actually had ships and soldiers on the same battlemap, but the presenter was quick to caution that had been cut from the actual game.

-HD

It's in the encyclopedia...