Thread: Small update on AI

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Small update on AI

Posted by a CA staff member on the official forums.

Just thought I would let you know where we are at.

Campaign AI is currently getting a lot of focus in one corner of the building with the programmers sweating bullets to raise the bar in this area. QA has been putting battle AI through its paces identifying where it is doing silly things. Art has been dropping some evil looking units into the game and making the world look amazing. The designers are punching away on their keyboards furiously with faction intos and diplomacy being looked at and looked at again.
    He's just posted before going off to get married in a week or two ( ) but the fans at TW.com are really happy for the update, no matter how small.

Just in case y'all wanted to know.
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

posted already, but ty.

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

nice, although i did not think the campaign AI needed as much help and improvement as the battlefield AI did. But its interesting they are actualy (we hope) putting a whole lot more work into how the units look. This might not matter to some people, but to me it adds to the whole gaming experience when the units look nice. but anyway, yaay! no more pointy feet! We hope
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Campaign map AI lacked intelligence, it had a single minded desire to attack despite the obvious consequences. Also diplomacy was somewhat lacking/disapointing.

Good news in this little update though, thanks
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

this is decent news
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

If they simply utilized the old AI from MTW I would be happy.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Ragss
    If they simply utilized the old AI from MTW I would be happy.
    Why ??
    That AI was stupid as well.
    Surely we should have a AI that doesn't stand still when under archer fire, a AI that doesn't blow it's cover when it has units in the woods and so on.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I often noticed in MTW that the enemy would stand still in front of my battle line while I filled them full of arrows, then waited passively while my infantry pinned them and my cavalry charged them in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Al'Thor
    He's just posted before going off to get married in a week or two ( ) but the fans at TW.com are really happy for the update, no matter how small.
    He's getting married in mid-production? Can that really be smart? Should we even trust such a person with the AI?

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    Why ??
    That AI was stupid as well.
    Surely we should have a AI that doesn't stand still when under archer fire, a AI that doesn't blow it's cover when it has units in the woods and so on.

It was leaps and bounds ahead of the RTW AI, hence, I would be happy with it. It was not without its faults, but numerous times I was shocked by how the AI used incredible tactics to own me. That NEVER happened in RTW. Every RTW battle is exactly the ****ing same.

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by sera
    He's getting married in mid-production? Can that really be smart? Should we even trust such a person with the AI?
    Oh my gosh MTW 2 is ruined! nooooo!

Lol he's more of a... desk guy? PR guy? actually I really don't know exactly what he does but I doubt he also works on the AI... if he's on honeymoon lol!
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Ragss
    It was leaps and bounds ahead of the RTW AI, hence, I would be happy with it. It was not without its faults, but numerous times I was shocked by how the AI used incredible tactics to own me. That NEVER happened in RTW. Every RTW battle is exactly the ****ing same.
    No, It was exactly the same AI.
    Use mods like Darthmod and you will see that the AI can do incredible tactics on you.
    I lost more battles in RTW then in MTW because I could predict the AI's move in MTW.
    It pretty much used the same tactics everytime.

Indefinitely Banned

Sounds like very good news.

It just better not be BS.