Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It's insanely difficult

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default It's insanely difficult

Having just tried to prevent the takeda from destroying me in less then an hour of campaign gameplay after I started playing this game. I came to the conclusion that this game is hard, frustratingly hard (my hand hurts from fist punching my monitor and I hit my keayboard so hard I'm bleeding on my hand a little, yes yes, I should learn to not get angry when I lose it's just a game, but I hate losing in everything I do, I once threw a playstation against the wall when I couldn't beat nba jam, or punched a guy in the face who was beating me in street fighter on the old SNES) I'm desperate It's impossible to defeat them , my hidden units are constantly discovered during battles (my only hope is to kill their 5 star general), heck at one point I even got the "our hidden units have been discovered" warning during the deployment phase. So any tips might be usefull

On one hand It's frustrating because all I can do really is start a new campaign (unless you have a good tip) wich means the last 4 hours of my life have just been utterly wasted. On the other hand, it's nice to know that this game will not be a walkover like all the previous total war games.

Annyway I just wanted to vent

I am loving this game so far

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Default Re: It's insanely difficult

I have one word for you. Well, two words really. Assassins+Monks...

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    wich means the last 4 hours of my life have just been utterly wasted.
    Not so grasshopper. You have learned many things. Are you wise enough to see them?
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Having just tried to prevent the takeda from destroying me in less then an hour of campaign gameplay after I started playing this game. I came to the conclusion that this game is hard, frustratingly hard (my hand hurts from fist punching my monitor and I hit my keayboard so hard I'm bleeding on my hand a little, yes yes, I should learn to not get angry when I lose it's just a game, but I hate losing in everything I do, I once threw a playstation against the wall when I couldn't beat nba jam, or punched a guy in the face who was beating me in street fighter on the old SNES) I'm desperate It's impossible to defeat them , my hidden units are constantly discovered during battles (my only hope is to kill their 5 star general), heck at one point I even got the "our hidden units have been discovered" warning during the deployment phase. So any tips might be usefull

On one hand It's frustrating because all I can do really is start a new campaign (unless you have a good tip) wich means the last 4 hours of my life have just been utterly wasted. On the other hand, it's nice to know that this game will not be a walkover like all the previous total war games.

Annyway I just wanted to vent

I am loving this game so far
    Out of curiosity, what clan and what difficulty?
    Forward, march!

I also got two words for you: Get Help!!!

Coolguy's Avatar Libertus

I agree that it's waaaaay more difficult than any previous TW games on the campaign map.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

For the last 7 hrs of gaming I've tried Uesugi on very hard and I got whooped 4-5 times. I need to regroup now and try again later when I have my self esteem back...if the AI senses that you are in trouble they will pile on you like a pack of wolves they're ferocious and I like it. With Uesugi Takeda rages on you often, then all the minor clans have big stacks too. I've been too aggressive in the games and went for a province immediately but I guess defending in the castle or making ambush and leveling up that Damyo could be the way to go.
    Last edited by Arksa; March 15, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Haha, this sounds awesome.

Coolguy's Avatar Libertus

Playing as the Shimazu, I got my capital taken in less than 10 turns.
    I recaptured it after a long and hard siege against the Shigo (or whatever clan they were again) and now I'm finally master of Kyushu.

Whelp back to my standard Operating Procedure in fortifying my capital with a nice half stack along with the garrison...
    Forward, march!

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

I really hope the game is as hard as you all say it is, my copy hasn't arrived yet - but im hopeful that I won't need to just double costs immediately to make it worth my time like I've needed to in the past

Uesugi the 5 attempts:

1 - Went west for the guys you are already at war with. Conquered their city. Takeda comes with big stacks and some minor clan from the same direction with a big stack too. I defeated them by valiantly defending on a bridge but after 3rd battle my army was 25% what it used to be and meanwhile Takeda and friends had already armies marching on my capitol from another direction...NEW GAME

2 - Ok this was a disaster I decided to go for the island with the gold resource early on and hope that I don't piss the other clans off. The minor clans fleet sinks my small boat carrying my army and my whole damn family tree

3 - I decided to go south this time but got rebels in the town I captured + a raging minor clan was too much. Empire was going bankrupt and they were again aiming for my capital, sensing my weakness.

4 - I think this was the same as #1

5 - Went for the island again, not enough guys defending the mainland....

Sigh...

Sounds encouraging.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

I look forward to sitting at my computer listening to Art of War whilst strategising over how to defend my lonely Daimyo from all the many enemies he's made within 5 turns, all while stroking my (non existence) beard very slowly.

Sounds like they've made Very Hard, well... very hard... Which is a good thing.

I LOL'ed at #2......

I've lost my legendary campaigns pretty fast as well.

I think attempt #6 will be about turtling it up and going nowhere from near the capitol and just kick ass with my Daimyo. Then when he's level 5 he will unleash hell on everyone and go on a rampage with a bunch of super monks.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Arksa maybe you're just ending your campaigns too early? I mean a loss here and there ain't a reason to end the campaign, like in your first campaign, you conquered one, couldn't you have just cut your losses, picked a city to defend, and let the other one go: conquering stuff later when it was more viable? Also, were you wasting resources on economic development while such developments couldn't be reliably defended yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelifer_1991 View Post
    Arksa maybe you're just ending your campaigns too early? I mean a loss here and there ain't a reason to end the campaign, like in your first campaign, you conquered one, couldn't you have just cut your losses, picked a city to defend, and let the other one go: conquering stuff later when it was more viable?
    No I lost 3 of those by seeing the game loss video at the end because I lost all my towns. Trust me I tried.
    Last edited by Arksa; March 15, 2011 at 09:53 AM.

I lost all my territory in two years. Units route too easily.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast