Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics are fine

Default Graphics are fine

Seriously folks, maybe I'm just old school (although at 22 I'm not that old), but to me what really matters is gameplay, and from all the evidence I've seen so far Shogun has awesome gameplay.

Too many games (and gamers) are just total graphic junkies these days! The result is too many graphic-heavy, gameplay-light games.

Why is Final Fantasy 7 regularly voted as one of the greatest games of all time? Well its certainly not because of its graphics (although they were good for the time), but instead because its gameplay and storyline are awesome and it has massive replayability.

I for one am glad they left all the more advanced graphics stuff out the first shipping and made it optional for later releases - I doubt my computer would be able to handle Shogun if all that stuff was compulsary!

Shogun looks beautiful, even on only medium settings which is what I'm playing on. I've not had much chance to play it yet, only a quick land battle in the wee hours (at like 7am when I woke up to find it had finally downloaded and decrypted ) and a sea battle on my lunch break (I'm working at home so can take a long lunch break if I want ) Both were v normal level AI so I can't comment on that but both looked and felt extremely satisfying; I haven't been so satisfied with my first experience of a new TW game since my first go on Rome.

I was especially happy with the naval battle - I split my smaller and lighter navy (but more technologically advanced) into 2 wings, and with some pretty sweet manouvering around some rocks and islands I managed to rout a larger and heavier fleet with only minimal losses (2 ships to their entire fleet). I'll get a proper go at the game tonight

Rant over.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Default Re: Graphics are F'ing fine now get a life

i also dont care much about graphics.

Gameplay 4ever!!

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

I can understand where you're coming from if your computer isn't high end. If you can only play on medium settings, it's most likely you could not use AA anyway. But for the other folks who have a high end system, I can understand why it's a big deal.

Seriously. Chill the out. The game just came out, it will be fixed, obviously. Yes, they had a lot of time to create the game and theoretically it should come out perfectly, but we are all humans, and that is impossible. You're all fairly young and you will have years to play this game. I'm sure within a month or two, this game will be fixed with patches.

Agreed, Shogun 2 as it stands now, on release day, is one of the nicest looking games available right now. To top it off, in my opinion, the gameplay has recovered fromt eh stumbles of the past, and the series is in possibly better form with this as it's flagship than it has been in years. The future only holds good things, so folks need to chill and enjoy themselves. Things are great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from if your computer isn't high end. If you can only play on medium settings, it's most likely you could not use AA anyway. But for the other folks who have a high end system, I can understand why it's a big deal.
    Aye I suppose if you'd spent lots of money on a new system then maybe you'd be a bit upset but from where I'm sitting it all looks frankly quite pathetic that people are getting so angry about it
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Creaky View Post
    Agreed, Shogun 2 as it stands now, on release day, is one of the nicest looking games available right now. To top it off, in my opinion, the gameplay has recovered fromt eh stumbles of the past, and the series is in possibly better form with this as it's flagship than it has been in years. The future only holds good things, so folks need to chill and enjoy themselves. Things are great right now.
    Have you played it?

Quote Originally Posted by papercut View Post
    Gameplay 4ever!!
    Damn right

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

I'm playing it, it is a jaggedy mess, it also isn't supporting dx10.

It's not an "either or" question, you are presenting a false choice.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Theres a difference between having bad graphics (such as League of Legends) and being good to look at, and having bad graphics and being torturous to your eyes (Shogun 2)

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post

the same. Is worse of Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_Paines View Post
    Theres a difference between having bad graphics (such as League of Legends) and being good to look at, and having bad graphics and being torturous to your eyes (Shogun 2)
    It's not tortuous, but it is quite a mess.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthorgasm View Post
    Seriously. Chill the out. The game just came out, it will be fixed, obviously. Yes, they had a lot of time to create the game and theoretically it should come out perfectly, but we are all humans, and that is impossible. You're all fairly young and you will have years to play this game. I'm sure within a month or two, this game will be fixed with patches.
    I'm totally chilled about the game, in fact so far I'm loving it

What is annoying me is that instead of this forum being full of threads discussing our early experiences of the game its full of threads by dweebs moaning about this!

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Deputy View Post

What is annoying me is that instead of this forum being full of threads discussing our early experiences of the game its full of threads by dweebs moaning about this!
    That was more towards the people complaining about problems with the game, not to you haha. You are indeed chilled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Deputy View Post

Dweebs? Who are you, AC Slater?

Dweebs? Who are you, AC Slater?

I'm just very aware I swear quite a lot sometimes, which is fine on football forums (my normal territory) but more frowned upon in a forum like this. But yeah dweebs is a rubbish insult, point taken

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Hey Lusted, where's the DX10?

True words.

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Lusted, where's the DX10?
    2-4 wks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast