Thread: Chosokabe

Default Chosokabe

Just wondering has anyone ever seen them, or any other clan that starts on that Island, expand onto mainland Japan.

Default Re: Chosokabe

Oh yeah, in my game the Chosokabe are probably the most powerful!
    'Wyrd bi∂ ful aręd ☸ '

Eusebius86's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by NDawg1 View Post
    Just wondering has anyone ever seen them, or any other clan that starts on that Island, expand onto mainland Japan.
    Yep. In my last campaign as the Hattori they did a naval invasion of some territory near kyoto that I owned I had literally just taken the city over and they wiped me out with a nice stack of archers and samurai.

Yesm in my Shimazu campaign, they attacked north and own a few provinces.

In my Date campaign, I had reached Kyoto. Everything beyond that (save for a couple territories) was Chosokabe (and this was on normal).

Yup. Once done with Miyoshi, in my Oda campaign, they expanded into Chugoku like it's nobody's business. Happened to be owned by Hatano and Matsuda, both allied to each other, after they had wiped out the 9-region Bessho (which was fun to watch btw). Took the Chosokabe 50 - 60 turns to take the whole of Shikoku but once done with that they are now wiping the floor with Hatano/Matsuda big time. Must be them bows.

Also, in my prev Shimazu campaign, they dow'd on Shoni (my vassal) and landed half a stack in Buzen.

In general, I see quite a few naval invasions in this campaign. After I vassaled the Imagawa, they built a stack, put it on a boat and sailed West. I was totally rooting for them but then Hojo dow'd on me and wiped them out, would have been interesting to see what they planned to do...

Ah, well its good to know they actually do stuff and arn't like GB in Empire. Thats one thing i like about this game, you never really know who gonna become top dog (amoungst the AI) for instance the first couple of games i played Oda were wiped out first turn and Takeda steamrolled, however this time around as Date, i'm about 70% through time wise but i just sat back and built up infrastructure and economy, Oda are one of the key players center map, Takeda are but a footnote of history and Shimazu(spelling?) are the top dogs and in what seems to be a stalemate with Oda and the Shogunate.

Shikayama's Avatar Libertus

But I can see your point. Personally I didn't notice Chosokabe doing anything else than remaining on their island. Only once they also took control of Awajima. In my last game they didn't even fight against Sogo and Miyoshi.

Yeah in my current game(which remember is 70% through) they have two provinces; Tosa amd Iyo. They are also one of the richest and strongest clans, boasting the best navy in japan, so its not like they can't expand they just don't want to.

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by NDawg1 View Post
    Currently playing as Oda.

They have just tried landing a stack in Mikawa.Good job my navy intercepted their fleet as what i could see of their army it looked a bit tasty.