Thread: Can not install Shogun via DVD

Default Can not install Shogun via DVD

Now it should be time to install shogun. But when I started the installer of the cd, it told me that I couldn't install it beacuse it haven't been release yet. But in steam, i can clik on "install", and it will download Shogun (haha, in 15 hours :S). Why can't I install the program via cd? I mean, there are two DVDs with each 6,5 Gigabytes, but I can only download it via steam.

Default Re: Can not install Shogun via DVD

My steam doesnt 'see' my disc location for some reason, so I guess I'll be waiting another full day before I can do anything with the game that I bought, oh wait, registration code on that back of the booklet.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

It may depend upon where you are. I waited until the game was released in the UK (midnight today nine and a half hours ago) and then installed it.

There were some problems caused by the Steam Server being too busy which stopped the install and then when I started again it tried to download the whole lot. I put some information in this (now pinned) thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433337

Hope it helps you.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

thx for this good information. I am still waiting for the delivery per UPS here in Munich. I have ordered my Limited Edition per Amazon and hope now for the delivery the next hours due to the Amazon confirmation email yesterday.

greetings

Hohenlohe

change servers to a region that already has released the game.

TW Bigfoot

if you get the steam servers are too busy message, right click on the game in your steam libary, and select "delete all local content" then re insert the disk and install again

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Barroso View Post
    if you get the steam servers are too busy message, right click on the game in your steam libary, and select "delete all local content" then re insert the disk and install again
    I did that a few times and no matter where I tried (UK-Manchester, Switzerland and USA) they were busy last night. In the end I changed my download region to Philipines and had no problems installing.

See pinned topic for more information.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

If servers are too busy just do the workaround from the link as posted by Miracles

Just make sure you get the directory and drive letters correct

i.e: DVD drive is normally D: and not E:
    most likely you're on a 64 bit system so the directory would be /program files (x86)/ instead of just /program files/

I did this, but I got the answer: cannot access to C Programs: Denied access
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690