View Poll Results: Do you believe CA will still release their promised modding tools set?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I trust them!

33 12.04%
  • No, I don't think so.

76 27.74%
  • I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it.

165 60.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So can we still expect the promised modding tools set for TWS2/NTW

Default So can we still expect the promised modding tools set for TWS2/NTW

Do you think we can still expect CA to deliver on their promise of a modding tools set they said they would a few months back. Personally, I still believe them, and I'm counting on it, and it would be the cause for me to buy STW2. But what are you opinions? To me I still trust them on this one?

Further confirmation of this announcement CA made:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...he-near-future
    Last edited by Invictus XII; March 16, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: So can we still expect the promised modding tools set for TWS2/NTW

dont hold your breath. A game that was promised to have DX 11 w/ AA and optimized released without either. Cant make that promise how can they promise modding tools. Who would believe them?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Actually many of us wanted better AI, nor better graphics. Direct X 9 is good enough. I don't care about water reflections or edges as much as I want a better AI. From what I've seen in the demo historical battles, the graphics are good enough for me.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Agreed with alhoon. If the AA problem is the worse gripe about Shogun 2, I'll ing dance a jig.

Modding tools were promised for NTW *and* ETW, weren't they? Why would they release them this time around?

Ever since the uniform editor scandal, I treat every word from Kieran's mouth as though they were literally tightly formed coils fecal matter.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I hope so, but let see

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Xatham View Post
    Modding tools were promised for NTW *and* ETW, weren't they? Why would they release them this time around?
    For ETW? I don't remember them promising modding tools, just that the game will be the most modable TW game ever (assuming fans manage to make modding tools). They didn't promise tools and they didn't provide any. They offered some help to the community in order of the community to make tools, but not much/enough IMO. They could have helped somewhat more.
    Like telling the mappers how to change the map.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

When did they promise mod tools for shogun 2?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    For ETW? I don't remember them promising modding tools, just that the game will be the most modable TW game ever (assuming fans manage to make modding tools). They didn't promise tools and they didn't provide any. They offered some help to the community in order of the community to make tools, but not much/enough IMO. They could have helped somewhat more.
    Like telling the mappers how to change the map.
    Sorry, I uninstalled ETW after a week or so and haven't played it since or kept up with the times, so I didn't know for sure.

STW2 got me by my emotions, otherwise I likely would have never gotten another TW again.

You forgot the "I don't care" option. Ah, I'll just not vote.
    Didn't they say they weren't going to provide actual tools as much as giving documentation and howtos though?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Dearly hope so, but wouldn't count on it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

I'm optimistic and I hope they'll do the right thing, however it is unlikely they will do

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

We'll get tools if we stick together, making sure that CA understands there are negative consequences for failing to deliver them.

One thousand posts!

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    When did they promise mod tools for shogun 2?
    They promised tools for TWS2 and NTW mid-January I believe, said they were going to release a huge set of tools. SensaiTW even made a specific post here at TWC saying he was going to.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Its more likely than not they will give way and release modding tools. The question is when. hmm........
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

Well when they posted at TWC, Mike said they were going to release tools for ETW/NTW/TWS2 within the first half of 2011 depending on how TWS2 goes.

I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it.
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Well when they posted at TWC, Mike said they were going to release tools for ETW/NTW/TWS2 within the first half of 2011 depending on how TWS2 goes.
    I'd say Shogun 2 will still be a success. Really given we've had to put up with 3 games now in the state they were in, its probably time we got that feature, they've had 3 years to do it for this engine and it'd be a shame for them to waste any efforts that they did put into mod tools.

But as I've been saying, if they can help us with any retrofit mods, then that would be a good way to redeeming themselves for all the wrong doings. The important thing is that we get a good product now, and can bring the two other medicore ones up to its standard.

you forgot the most appropriate option - "if they offer modding tools i'll fall over DEAD!!"

We won't get S2TW tools but modders already have figured out the NTW engine to a certain extent, i'm hopin they'll have tools available pretty soon! ?? ..

Having some tools for ETW would be a good sign- especially fixing those non-event elections!!!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it.

Really really hope so, would make me buy every CA game in the future. Because it shows that they actually care about us, the consumers!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast