Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: shogun 2 looks terrible?

Default shogun 2 looks terrible?

hey hey. just installed shogun. looks really terrible.....can't understand it. anyone heard of any conclusive reason why there is no particle effects, aa etc.
    running crossfire 6950 and i7 but it looks considerably worse than napoleon.
    any ideas?
    cheers

Default Re: shogun 2 looks terrible?

Maybe cuz it seems to have currently shipped without support for DX10 and AA?

The game ships with DX9 support only. DX10 AA and DX11 support to follow in coming weeks.

Edit: ninjad FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Im not really sure if youve looked around but.. oh how should I say this without.... there are other threads on this matter please use the search or simply look at page 1

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

what os r u running?

He could be running windows 95 for that matter, wouldnt change what is or isnt in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    The game ships with DX9 support only. DX10 AA and DX11 support to follow in coming weeks.

Edit: ninjad FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Looks like it will only support DX10.1 and DX11, and not DX10:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-graphics-team

Support for MSAA 2x,4x,8x. Requires Shader Model 4.1 or Shader Model 5 support, not available on Shader Model 4.0.
    The DirectX11 pipeline supports Full screen multi-sampled anti-aliasing at 2x,4x & 8x resolutions.
    Shader Model 4.1 cards will support 2x, 4x MSAA
    Shader Model 5 cards will support 2x, 4x, and 8x MSAA
    Last edited by Ultraman; March 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM.

it does if he was running xp

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
    Looks like it will only support DX10.1 and DX11, and not DX10:
    Several people have already reported that with a fully Dx11 compatible system the game still does NOT enables shaders over 3 and AA.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    Several people have already reported that with a fully Dx11 compatible system the game still does NOT enables shaders over 3 and AA.
    Because the program's not detecting DX10 on cards, which is known, commented on by them and addressed in a patch, maybe today.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Because the program's not detecting DX10 on cards, which is known, commented on by them and addressed in a patch, maybe today.
    Link?

so does anyone know for sure whats going on...ive looked at heaps of forums offical and otherwise....am i to understand that this was shipped only running dx9 with no aa. it looks terrible....surely something of this would have to be mentioned in reviews and such.....
    i mean it looks really poor.

and no confirmation or mention on their official site.....
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: multiple posting merged

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    Right, which I assume is a release snafu. But it looks like, according to CA it seems that SG2 will NOT be supporting AA for DX10 in the future, for those with DX10 capable cards (as opposed to DX10.1, which will support up to AAx4).
    Last edited by Whatacad; March 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Yes, it truely looks awful......

Campaign map:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Crappy battle screen:

Another crappy battle screen:

It's early days.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog86 View Post
    so does anyone know for sure whats going on...ive looked at heaps of forums offical and otherwise....am i to understand that this was shipped only running dx9 with no aa. it looks terrible....surely something of this would have to be mentioned in reviews and such.....
    i mean it looks really poor.

post some pics

how do i use dx 10.1......im running as i say 2 6950's and windows 7. wouldn't this just take care of it for me? any advice appreciated

mine looks just like Brusilov's screens....and there is no way its the computer....it looks really poor. like shatteringly poor
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: multiple posting merged

Amazing Horse's Avatar Civis

I thought the demo was beautiful. If its anything like that I am one happy Horse.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Uh....sarcastic much?

*referring to SS's above*

i mean i really feel like i was lied to by the reviews and videos......is this just false advertising by the company? i would not get so hung up on petty greivences but it is terrible. its not acceptable to sell a game in this state after it has been advertised like it has. it looks completely unfinished.....i am very confused and angered by this

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Craig posted a thread about 24 hours before the preload and release for some countries that said that while testing after they had gone gold about a month ago, they found that the auto-detection for your GPU was broken and that the problem can be temporarily fixed by manually setting them in the scripts?

Reviews got the game with DX11 as a review build, CA took out DX11 for the normal release to "polish it"

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast