Thread: How does a cooperate campaign work?

Default How does a cooperate campaign work?

I've been playing Total War since Rome, but I have never played the multiplayer, due to the fact that I really only enjoy multiplayer with friends and most of my friends that do game are console gamers. But, I finally have a buddy who is getting Shogun 2 upon release.

I know next to nothing about how co-op campaigns work, could anyone provide me with a short primer or anything of the sort? I'd appreciate it.

edit: whoops, meant "cooperative" in the topic title.
    Last edited by Frei; March 14, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Default Re: How does a cooperate campaign work?

Its online as far as I know, not hotseat. Theres up to 7 players that each control a clan. And you're really competing against each other, but I guess you can work together to eliminate the AI clans.

Edit: There's also a new mode, the avatar/clan multiplayer feature. You should look at the 'Steam TWC Clan' thread. Its pretty nice, but its all about battle, the campaign map part is different in avatar/clan multiplayer.
    Last edited by Kazuhiro; March 14, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

Oh okay, that is pretty simple and just what I had in mind, then. Online/controlling our own clans is what we were looking for, competing against the AI. Should be loads of fun. Thanks.

How does Co-op campaign work? I guess you play as different clans, and I heard something about you can play as your friend enemies when he is facing the AI. Do you need to wait for the other player to finish his turn before both of you can hit the "next-turn-button"?

Can you go online and play a campaign yourself - the way you would do vs the AI, except other clans are controlled by other humans? That would be brilliant.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Wulf View Post
    How does Co-op campaign work? I guess you play as different clans, and I heard something about you can play as your friend enemies when he is facing the AI. Do you need to wait for the other player to finish his turn before both of you can hit the "next-turn-button"?
    No, each person goes in his turn, just like a regular campaign. Its not at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Can you go online and play a campaign yourself - the way you would do vs the AI, except other clans are controlled by other humans? That would be brilliant.
    Yeah, up to 7 players.
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

I was under the impression that the actual Co-op campaign itself is a 2 player experience.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I read a review on here from someone that implied that in the on-line version one of your human opponents could fight a battle in place of the AI against you......

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I read a review on here from someone that implied that in the on-line version one of your human opponents could fight a battle in place of the AI against you......
    There is a Co-op and Competitive multiplayer campaign for two people as far as i know. The Co-op has you observe a friends battle against the A.I. with the friend having the option to gift you some of his units to help him fight the A.I. The Competitive campaign is like the previous one in Napoleon.

There is another 8 player seperate competitive campaign which is different.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSparta View Post
    I was under the impression that the actual Co-op campaign itself is a 2 player experience.
    It 7 or 8 players. Says on the twc wiki its 8 but im pretty sure its only 7
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Total_War:_Shogun_2

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Acutally that feature has been available since napoleon. So yeah its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
    It 7 or 8 players. Says on the twc wiki its 8 but im pretty sure its only 7
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Total_War:_Shogun_2

Acutally that feature has been available since napoleon. So yeah its true.

You're incorrect about the Co-op Campaign, that's only a 2 player experience. The 7-8 player campaign referred to in the link given is about a competitive league clan system that features a separate map to the standard campaign one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtEI...eature=related

Skip to about 4.30, he talks about the Co-op Campaign and the two player limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSparta View Post
    You're incorrect about the Co-op Campaign, that's only a 2 player experience. The 7-8 player campaign referred to in the link given is about a competitive league clan system that features a separate map to the standard campaign one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtEI...eature=related

Skip to about 4.30, he talks about the Co-op Campaign and the two player limit.
    You're right. I guess the 7 player coop is old info that didnt get into the final game.