Thread: No "wannabe" Cities in Battle Maps Mod

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default No "wannabe" Cities in Battle Maps Mod

- About the mod -

This little Tweak should remove the "Cities" which appear on the Battle map when attacking or fighting near a city. Little villages or single buildings will still appear.
    But only for the Europe and North american scenarios.

I've tested it with few Battles, though it might be of course that the non appearance of the cities might be because it was a random choice by empire not to show them in this Battle.

So if you still have Cities post here, Feedback needed!

- Usage -

To use this Mod you have unpack it with winrar, 7zip or similar, paste it into your /Empire/Data/ Folder and run it via the Modmanager or the User Script.

- Download -

Attachment 148559

- Thank's to -

The Creators of the PFM
    Taw for his excellent esf converter

Default Re: No "wannabe" Cities in Battle Maps Mod

thats a great idea , could you make another one that makes fighting in the capital cities and state capitals all city cause it doesnt make sense when the city doesnt have a fort and says it has like 500,00+ population to have such a small town like area

I don't throw out cities just implement even bigger ones ^^ .

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

excellent work.dont suppose this works for Napoleon?

hello,

i know this is kind of the opposite what this thread is about, but how easy/exceedingly difficul, or if it is possible at all, would it be for me to make map with larger cities?

just wondering

cheers

the Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    excellent work.dont suppose this works for Napoleon?
    You have to try it but i think that it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    hello,

i know this is kind of the opposite what this thread is about, but how easy/exceedingly difficul, or if it is possible at all, would it be for me to make map with larger cities?

just wondering

cheers

the Cap
    It's definitly possible but quite hard, since you have to change the borders of nearly all fields, when you increase the tile of the city, and since there a now tools you might have to type thousands of numbers by hand^^.
    For more information take a look in my farm_field_tile thread. I would like to see it if more people get interested in this field, since it would allow us a lot of visual changes to the campaign map battles

(small villages with churches dotted across a map, rivers with mills, large citie battle maps, fortresses with buildings inside etc.)

This mod does work, but just to make sure remove patch3 from the data folder and launch the game, then close the game and put patch3 back in the data folder, just click and drag it(patch3) to and from your desktop.

I've tested it with few Battles, though it might be of course that the non appearance of the cities might be because it was a random choice by empire not to show them in this Battle.
    I tested this by loading the same battle twice in vanilla when there was an obvious city, then loading it again with the mod and the city was gone. No gray area, the mod works.

CenturionMBT24's Avatar Laetus
    Central region of the Commonwealth of Virginia

So is there a mod that adds like the towns and stone walls to the single player land battles that aren't in the campaign, because I like the map variability of the grand campaign but then I always feel so much pressure to win. So if there is a mod that adds those to the campaigns that would be cool. I've spent several hours looking for one and I cant find it.

I really don't have any problems with the current town set up, but I would like to see town maps with rivers in them.