Thread: S2TW LE (DIGITAL) + Free RTW Gold

Icon10 S2TW LE (DIGITAL) + Free RTW Gold

If you preorder digital edition of Shogun 2 Total War Limited Edition, you get for free Rome Total War Gold.
    http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-down...2-2270-43.html

Price is low enough, so grab it.
    http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=shogun
    Last edited by ♔ Tsar ♔; March 14, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

Default Re: S2TW LE (DIGITAL) + Free RTW Gold

Um, I don't think it's the limited edition though. I know the download link is under the limited edition but when you go through it, the title shows that you only get the standard edition in that offer.
    Last edited by oldboyhammer; March 14, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

So they sell it for 29.9 €, while Steam sells for 49.99 €
    That is a big gap :/

Has anyone used Game.co.uk before for downloadable game? Is it just to download the game, and connect it to Steam, and have fun?! Or is it some alternative to Steam?
    Last edited by Nero Wulf; March 14, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Wulf View Post
    So they sell the Limited Edition for 29.9 €, while Steam sell the standar edition for 49.99 €
    Well the 29.99 on that UK website is in pounds sterling which would work out as roughly €35. Still a bit of gap.

But just be sure that in this deal you are not getting the Limited Edition. I've double checked it and it definitely says that you will receive the standard edition.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

I always use GAME to buy org. games.
    It's cheap and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyhammer View Post
    Well the 29.99 on that UK website is in pounds sterling which would work out as roughly €35. Still a bit of gap.

But just be sure that in this deal you are not getting the Limited Edition. I've double checked it and it definitely says that you will receive the standard edition.
    It is 25.99 £, which is (roughly) 29.99 €

Yeah, it is a bit of a hoax on that LE. On the one page, it says LE, but when you buy it, it say SE.

Well you can get RTW Gold, m2tw, etw, NTW and Shogun 2 in a steam sale at the moment in one package for just £39.99, you may as well buy it from them http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7564/. ALthough this offer was better at the weekend as they seem to be putting the prices up again, it had etw, ntw and m2tw all with more than 75% off.

So they sell it for 29.9 €, while Steam sells for 49.99 €

Has anyone used Game.co.uk before for downloadable game? Is it just to download the game, and connect it to Steam, and have fun?! Or is it some alternative to Steam?
    The Game download is standard edition only (read the small print).

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Yellow View Post
    The Game download is standard edition only (read the small print).
    But the Steam-version to € 49.99 is also Standard Edition.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Funny, I already picked up Rome when I pre-ordered Empire.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

It is LE, there is some mistake on their page, but it is LE, i asked them and then i preordered it.

If I buy the downloadable version somewhere else then Steam. I still get all the benefits of Steam? Like I can download it from Steam whenever I want, and it will stay in Steam database forever and ever until they go bankrupt, or something?!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If I buy the downloadable version somewhere else then Steam. I still get all the benefits of Steam? Like I can download it from Steam whenever I want, and it will stay in Steam database forever and ever until they go bankrupt, or something?!
    Well, you need to register it with Steam. Once you've done that regardless of where you bought it any patches will come via Steam - this happens for people (like me) that bought a physical copy of the game.

Once you've registered it with your Steam Account then that is where it belongs. If you have a second PC you could log onto it and play the game there. Steam would allow you to download it on the other PC.

I have a laptop when I am working away from home and do this. You can only be active on one PC with your Steam Account at a time. If the game uses the 'Steam Cloud' to save progress then you don't even need to transfer your save games from machine to machine.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here