Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So no Anti-Aliasing for Directx9?

Default So no Anti-Aliasing for Directx9?

Anti-Aliasing is only available for Directx 10 and 11?

I'm still running Windows XP, that's why I'm asking. I'll probably move up to Windows 7 eventually, but I'm happy with DX9 still.

As long as I can have a level of anti-aliasing equal to that of RTW or M2TW's, then I'm good.

Default Re: So no Anti-Aliasing for Directx9?

I wouldn't hold my breath, but to be honest as long as your at a decent resolution its not that bad.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Believe me when I say that you wont regret moving on to Win7. Aside from the usual "getting used to it" problems at the beginning it's the much better operating system.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Believe me when I say that you wont regret moving on to Win7. Aside from the usual "getting used to it" problems at the beginning it's the much better operating system.
    I agree 100%. I loved XP and was wary of Windows 7 but trust me it's great, some of the new features are pretty awesome (aswell as Dx10, Dx11)

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Vista 64 here, never had any of the problems people reported, and it's stable enough. No reason not to move on from XP, especially when Windows 7 has already proven the naysayers wrong (from what I've seen). I may even upgrade eventually, I just can't be bothered at the present time.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    I agree 100%. I loved XP and was wary of Windows 7 but trust me it's great, some of the new features are pretty awesome (aswell as Dx10, Dx11)
    agreed i skipped vista after all the hoo hah but now I've switched to 7 i couldn't think of goign back to XP XP is a horrible os in comparison and 7 is very smooth, fast and stable

Yeah - XP is/was great. And Win7 is much better. It's faster, cleaner, smoother, and more intuitive [especially the search function]. And you can get a lot of nifty mods for it, like Switcher.

I have a dual boot of XP + Win7, simply because I produce music on the side, and some of my favourite VSTs don't work on any OS past XP. =(
    CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE
    for Total War Tips, Tricks and Tutorials!

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    agreed i skipped vista after all the hoo hah but now I've switched to 7 i couldn't think of goign back to XP XP is a horrible os in comparison and 7 is very smooth, fast and stable
    Agree

Naysayers said no to XP too, claiming it was just a bulky useless reskin. They just say nay to anything that is new.

XP was great for me, never regretted upgrading.
    Vista was in fact also great for me, slight preformance drop in games, but i actually loved that OS.
    Win 7, even better, improves upon everything, removes some of the "noob-safety" restrictions and actually lets you configure and set up stuff exactly like you want. Superb preformance, superb stability.
    What more can you want?

I like the feature that allows you to throw windows at sides of the screen and have them take up half or full screen. I find myself making that motion even on non 7 pcs, much to my frstration.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Wtf is this, an I love Windows 7 convention ?

Yeah, Mitch. It's an intervention for XP fanboys/fangirls - letting them know that things have changed for the better past Vista.
    CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE
    for Total War Tips, Tricks and Tutorials!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I have W7 32 in the disc C, and 64 B in the D hard disc. Bout work perfect

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Anti-Aliasing is only available for Directx 10 and 11?
    Really don't know, CA statement about graphic options is unclear. I think we will get answer to that question tomorrow.

I also have Windows XP, but I think I can live without AA. For me, even Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 looks pretty so it isn't a big problem.
    Last edited by Black_Rider; March 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Really don't know, CA statement about graphic options is unclear. I think we will get answer to that question tomorrow.

I also have Windows XP, but I think I can live without AA. For me, even Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 looks pretty so it isn't a big problem.
    Live without AA and use xp oh noes! You got it all wrong

I would play on a console if my PC games didnt have AA. Thats really the point no? You might as well use your pc for surfing and word etc if you arent gonna have aa in a game..c'mon now

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    Vista 64 here, never had any of the problems people reported, and it's stable enough. No reason not to move on from XP, especially when Windows 7 has already proven the naysayers wrong (from what I've seen). I may even upgrade eventually, I just can't be bothered at the present time.
    I have Vista 64 as well and I agree its been pretty damn stable for me as well. Maybe I am just more careful with drivers and stuff than other people? No idea. I won't upgrade until Windows 8 is released which is rumoured to be next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Live without AA and use xp oh noes! You got it all wrong

I would play on a console if my PC games didnt have AA. Thats really the point no? You might as well use your pc for surfing and word etc if you arent gonna have aa in a game..c'mon now
    Actually a large percentage of console games have 2X or even 4X AA.
    That's how basic a feature it is

would play on a console if my PC games didnt have AA. Thats really the point no? You might as well use your pc for surfing and word etc if you arent gonna have aa in a game..c'mon now
    gameplay > graphics my friend.

A few years ago, no one even thought about option like AA and people played PC games as same as their play now, and their focused more on game gameplay and replayibility. Now is all about graphics and things like that.

I just have hope that Shogun 2 will give same amout of fun as Shogun 1 did. This is the most important thing.

But having AA for DX9 in Shogun 2 will be a nice surprise I guess.
    Last edited by Black_Rider; March 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    gameplay > graphics my friend.

A few years ago, no one even thought about option like AA and people played PC games as same as their play now, and their focused more on game gameplay and replayibility. Now is all about graphics and things like that.
    A few years ago, I wa splaying pacman. It's not an excuse to exclude a large percentage of PC gamer from basic filters.

A few years ago, I wa splaying pacman. It's not an excuse to exclude a large percentage of PC gamer from basic filters.
    Ok, so what is your point? That Shogun 2 must have AA? And if doesn't so what then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast