Thread: Shogun 2 First Thoughts

Default Shogun 2 First Thoughts

So far i'm loving the game, once again CA has produced another great stratagy.
    But there are a few niggling things, that i feel i should about:

- Disappearing bodies for lower settings- consider making this a 'tick the box' option, rather than an automatic (system detection) one.
    - Poor, super glossed textures on horses- the Napoleon ones where fine.
    - Short life spans for wounded soldiers- I think this is one of my favorite additions. If only it went on for a bit longer. I want to see wounded soldiers squirming for minutes on end (i realize that this is a performance issue)
    - Fight duration- Battles between two units (150 vs 150) should take longer. I hate seeing the field littered with bodies after only 30-50 seconds of fighting.
    - MOAR ninja cut scenes- like in the original.
    - Better audio for marching- there shouldn't be synchronized marching sounds for units.

I know all these a relatively unimportant. But its better to complain earlier, while they'll listen.

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Default Re: Shogun 2 First Thoughts

How is it that you are already able to play Shogun 2 while the game doesn't unlock for another 14 hours?
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris View Post
    How is it that you are already able to play Shogun 2 while the game doesn't unlock for another 14 hours?
    perhaps he talked about demo. It is still impossible to play TWS2 today.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

and he didn't mention the super sonic speed of everyone
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.