Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Factions

Default Re: Factions

Didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by XSHEAFFEYX View Post
    AUSTRALIA!....to bad you can't map the game , twould be so fun - Quick question though, i know when the game starts, but when does it end? Will it go through ww1?
    Can we continue after 1914?

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Yep.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

I want to play the Dutch.

1:
    The souix to take back the lands lost.
    2:
    Russia to start the cold war early and take over the east.

Will have Grand Qin Empire in that time,they were very weak ,but very historical

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by seed18mail View Post
    Will have Grand Qin Empire in that time,they were very weak ,but very historical

You mean Grand QING Empire, and once again China will not be in this mod

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Yeah. Qin dynasty was 220 BCE, which was a bit before the Victorian era
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Okmin - Check your PM inbox

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Ahh this mod looks interesting. With the Italian States playable I will probably play as them or the Papal States and try to reform the Roman Empire. With colonial trading regions in Sri Lanka and probably outposts in the Americas.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    Starts in 1865, ends in 1914. World War 1 is not included.
    Whoa, what do you plan to do with naval battles? You get some pretty powerful battleships by the end of that period.

And, um... planes...

I take it you'd stop the tech tree before Dreadnoughts but even some of the pre-dreadnoughts are quite powerful and... hard to mod I'd have thought! If you could pull that off I'd not just give you rep but send you money via Paypall

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

1.No planes

2.At the moment we can't add in new ship models at all, so we aren't even going to try for the first few releases.

3.The naval tech tree does and will include dreadnoughts and everything up to them (post 1865 of course). Before new models come in however, we are going to give those techs no effects except a hefty prestige boost.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

I'd like to suggest you think carefully about the inclusion of dreadnoughts since their introduction will require huge battle ranges, probably bigger than the game map allows. At least with pre-dreadnoughts you only need to consider battle ranges of 5000-10000 yards. Also, after around this period submarines and locomotive torpedoes begin to have significant effects on naval warfare - by limiting the technology to around the 1900 point you can dispense with subs and torps to all intents and purposes since efficient ones - ones that affected battle tactics and ship types like torpedo-boat destroyers were not then available.

So as it currently stands the game will be limited to the earliest ironclads in line with the ship types available at the end of ETW?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

As it stands now the naval aspect of the game will not be touched, as we cannot add new ship models (the AI will be upgraded obviously, but will still be 18th Century).

We will not stop at 1900 for one very simple reason, the first battleship without sails (ie the first that would have to be modelled/made completely differently) was HMS Devastation in 1870-only 5 years after the campaign starts, considering that after that new kind of ship came into service, the only thing that changed was that they and their guns and their engines got bigger and more powerful, would make stopping in 1900 very artificial in game terms. It would cut the end of the story off if you look at it that way.

If/when we bring in proper pre-deadnoughts and dreadnoughts, we will be reducing the ranges to fit within the battlefield (though if possible we could make the battlefields themselves bigger-this might just be possible but I do not know). We are most likely going to ignore Submarines/torpedoes anyway, as it was not until the first world war that they really came into their own.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234