Thread: why are people saying the game will have 30 playable factions!?

Default why are people saying the game will have 30 playable factions!?

why are some people saying the game will have 30 playable factions!? obviously the game will have 21

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I read some post somewhere (I think it was on the totalwar.com forums, possibly by the Shogun, I don't really remember) saying that though at the moment they had 21 planned, they were likely to have thirty in total (though they may not all be playable), and there was much rejoicing for a time.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Nope it was guy called Caleb that stated that they are looking into the possiblity to have 30 factions and that they would let us know within a few weeks.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    Nope it was guy called Caleb that stated that they are looking into the possiblity to have 30 factions and that they would let us know within a few weeks.
    Exactly and even if they do raise the hard coded limit it’s very unlikely that CA will actually create 30 factions. I think this is just a way for CA to please the fans after the outcry when they announced the Aztecs as a playable faction.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus
    Exactly and even if they do raise the hard coded limit it’s very unlikely that CA will actually create 30 factions. I think this is just a way for CA to please the fans after the outcry when they announced the Aztecs as a playable faction.
    Correct...
    Caliban said that theyll try to raise the MODDING limit to 30 factions at LEAST, (fingers crossed for 50 factions) so the modding community will create all the other 9+, for me because the game will be moddable there are NO "unplayable" factions since Ill mod the game and play all of them also I dont understand why people refuse to make a tiny mod to play as any faction they want...my first faction in RTW were the unplayable Pontus (myself being a pontic greek)...

Hellenes
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    http://www.hri.org/news/misc/misc-ne.../95-03-20.misc
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenes
    Correct...
    Caliban said that theyll try to raise the MODDING limit to 30 factions at LEAST, (fingers crossed for 50 factions)

Hellenes
    Meh, CA announce the possibility of raising factions to 30 and allready people are whininh about raising it to 50? Guess you'll be pretty angry if you don't get those, eh?
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Quote Originally Posted by smoke
    Meh, CA announce the possibility of raising factions to 30 and allready people are whininh about raising it to 50? Guess you'll be pretty angry if you don't get those, eh?
    Some guys are never satisfied, now are they? :original: But then again what’s wrong in wishing? I think it would be good if the faction limit is raised as high as 50, this way we could create a European map in Europa Universalis fashion.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Did I whine?
    Is the game released with CA promising 50 faction limit and not delivered?
    NOPE...
    But I dont see ANY problem in raising the limit, if you disagree with it youre free to NOT download a 50 factions mod, which I seriously doubt.

Hellenes
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Lol, you make it sound like it's a choice. Just mark my words. Already people are counting on 30 factions without CA guaranteeing this. When they don't deliver ('we are looking into it') many many people will go ballistic over this.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Lol, you make it sound like it's a choice. Just mark my words. Already people are counting on 30 factions without CA guaranteeing this. When they don't deliver ('we are looking into it') many many people will go ballistic over this.
    ...and will still buy the game.
    Why?
    Because CA has a MONOPOLY there is NO game featuring 40k fully 3d soldiers with turn based strategy, NOPE NADA NO.
    Thats why CA has the power to make 1-2 patches or none, and simply ignore the community there are NO games like it...

Hellenes
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    Henry Kissiger

People will certainly be disappointed should the limit be less then 30. Thats the problem with all expectation (wheter it be justified or not). But I never heard about 50.

Still - the thing of having the Aztecs sit all alone in the American lands slightly surprised me. So I hope that those 30 slots will be present within the game.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

30 would be good. At the very least, it shows that CA is willing to make an effort for the fans. It would certainly give a good signal to the modders if they game had more flexible limits.

Besides, this way, I can dream about a Flemish faction!
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenes
    Thats why CA has the power to make 1-2 patches or none, and simply ignore the community there are NO games like it...
    The patches are in the publishers hands and you know it.
    CA said this and so did the game website someone here asked.
    And CA has ever since SEGA took over been alot more open to us.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    The patches are in the publishers hands and you know it.
    CA said this and so did the game website someone here asked.
    And CA has ever since SEGA took over been alot more open to us.
    Unlike Activision, SEGA stated repeatedly by its representative at the .com that the patches and EVERYTHING that has to do with the game is up to CA. Thats why RTW had 2 extra patches in after SEGA era. I didnt say that CA is doing it, its just that their monopoly in epic melee strategy wargames gives them the power to do so.

Hellenes
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    Henry Kissiger

So SEGA changed it, good.
    Proves that SEGA is a good publisher unlike Activision.