Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naval battles-a bit flawed?

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Naval battles-a bit flawed?

Just watched a couple of videos with naval battles. Why did Japanese took castles to waters i do not want to know but when troops jump from a bigger ship to a smaller one they seem to fall and hit the ground. Why don't the troops on board just slay them while they are lying there on ground? I mean you got to defend you castle... And the archers seem to have quite a large firing range and quite accurate one. This bugs me
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Naval battles-a bit flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    Just watched a couple of videos with naval battles. Why did Japanese took castles to waters i do not want to know but when troops jump from a bigger ship to a smaller one they seem to fall and hit the ground. Why don't the troops on board just slay them while they are lying there on ground? I mean you got to defend you castle... And the archers seem to have quite a large firing range and quite accurate one. This bugs me
    Would you rather they fly?
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

I'd rather that they would get killed while on ground. Or at least some sort of rope or something to get down there. I mean it's a big fall
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

The problem with naval battles for me is they're too fast - right now, they look like an arcade game.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    The problem with naval battles for me is they're too fast - right now, they look like an arcade game.
    No worry.For that problem we can get an mod, who decrease speed of battle/unit

Everything is too fast. It's like in their movies, they fly, they do stuff no one else could. But come on this is real world, the TOTAL WAR world

ashbery76's Avatar Biarchus

Yes naval battles should actually take all day to be realistic,yeah that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbery76 View Post
    Yes naval battles should actually take all day to be realistic,yeah that would be fun.
    Do you really think thre is no compromise between 'all day' and five minutes?
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Precisely - what a dumb comment!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I guess it's only natural that we get an influx of spam.

But seriously, this bad?

Garmon's Avatar Foederatus

I know this might be hard to swallow for some people but.. but... i think he whas being sarcastic... maybe even making a slight joke? Or perhaps we just got trolled...

Quote Originally Posted by Garmon View Post
    I know this might be hard to swallow for some people but.. but... i think he whas being sarcastic... maybe even making a slight joke? Or perhaps we just got trolled...
    I doubt it - sarcasm usually includes these, or similar:

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    I doubt it - sarcasm usually includes these, or similar:
    Quite true. The smileys tell all! Read the smileys grasshoper!

Yoda: Smiley's all do tell! Read them you must!

The Line of Thor

If a 20 minutes naval battle represents a one day battle in reality, then a fall that took half a second in a game is actually climbing down a ship using a whole minute~ (yeah, I know this explanation has flaws but never mind )

Do you really think thre is no compromise between 'all day' and five seconds?
    5 minutes is a pretty good compromise if we look at it this way, right?

Nope.

The boarding animation does seem a bit weird in those videos. Looks like the same animation when they abandon ship. It's speculation until we have the game in hand but it looks like whomever gets the fire arrows off first wins the battle.

I was annoyed by all those sailors jumping to their doom on enemy decks in Empire... I really hope I don't have to deal with it in S2TW.

Wow dude im sorry but the whole supernatural jumping was too much.

Even Hiroshi Abe was like.... 'WTF man, just fight me...'

Edit: Aww... somebody deleted it.
    Forward, march!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast