Thread: Limited MAPs in MP again?

Default Limited MAPs in MP again?

I noticed during the mp1 tutorial video that there were no 4v4 maps, and only 1 3v3 maps? I went to youtube and watched the hi resolution video. My numbers might be off but the maps for higher than 1v1 were extremely limited.

Please CA, I beg of you to not do us dirty as you did with ETW! Please do not pull another ETW and give us ONLY 1 4v4 and a very limited amount of other mp maps. That is unacceptable for a game that touts its MP features or just any game in general that has MP in it.

ETW was great but the lack of maps and playing on the same map over and over again turned my stomach after a while.

BTW the number of maps in NTW was great and had no major complaints compared to what was offered in ETW.
    Last edited by BoatsandHoze; March 13, 2011 at 04:09 PM.

Default Re: Limited MAPs in MP again?

I think its a bit early to say, just going off of pre-release footage, and especially since it wasn't a problem in NTW and they are so heavily touting the multiplayer, it should be ifne.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

hehe, dont forget NTW didnt come with a grassy flatlands map for balanced play until the 2nd patch (i think), and only after loads of people complained. Was there a grassy flats map in the list that you saw on the vid?

no grassy flats that i saw

It could've had a different name though.

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Hey BoatsandHoze!
    The map list in that video shows two 3v3 limits and one 2v2 limit, only. The rest of the maps doesn't have such a postfix. Therefore it looks like all the other maps are not restricted at all, which means 4v4.
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

I saw that too but Im worried those are for 1v1!!! =(

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

You can play every map in 4vs4.. you can play in 2 vs 4, 3vs4 etc.. . So you can add and delete players for each map.
    And you can set your own amount of money each army will get. Like 100.000 coins to choose

Something like the grassy flat map is called The Ricefield.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

It has been confirmed that all maps are 4v4 except those that are stated otherwise!
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

I hope the multiplayer lets you ban players that you acheive heroic victories over.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I thought there would be more maps too.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Yes the map amounts are dissapointing for a MultiPlayer focussed release, perhaps they will release more as time goes on, they will need to as this is not enough.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Alot of the maps are very gimmiky aswell and i give a bit of a sigh when they come up,although some of them are fun.CA just cant seem to get away from that problem of either making maps featureless or over run with features,they cant seem to find a middle ground.