Thread: Napoleon for 7.50 euro on steam, worth it? Any good realism mods?

Yar's Avatar Libertus

Default Napoleon for 7.50 euro on steam, worth it? Any good realism mods?

Hi folks, I have to say that I was always against Napoleon, but since the price is only 7.50 euro on steam today it is hard to resist against the dark side in me and maybe I will buy it. The question is, are there some good realism mods for it? Im afraid that after a year with Darthmod I will not enjoy a vanilla CA game again

There were rumours that CA promised mod tools for Napoleon after the release of Shogun, is this true?

PS i know that this thread might be a bit offtopic since it is in the Darthmod section, but i would like to hear a tip from a Darthmod player who owns Napoleon. I would mean a lot to me.

Dubh the dark's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Napoleon for 7.50 euro on steam, worth it? Any good realism mods?

It's more than worth it for 7.50, there's a nice atmosphere to the game, but in my experience it gets boring fast and you'll go back to Darthmod, doesn't mean it not worth a play for that price of course.
    Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

I've always viewed the game as an expansion pack for ETW that was previously sold at full price ...

But at 7.50 I'd go for it purely because it's a total war game, plus good value even for an expansion!!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Since this is nothing to do with DarthMod Empire, it is moved to the misc forum.

As for advice, yes, I would go for it. I may not agree with how CA chose to release it and the fact they dropped Empire like a hot potato, but that does not prevent NTW being a perfectly reasonable game, especially at 7.50. Yes, there are good realism mods-luntik has done ai for it, and Toons all in one mod is good fun. Many of the hosted mods are more realistic as well.

As for mod tools, they did say they were working on something, but personally I'm not hopeful. If it is something, it will probably be a basic unit editor or something along those lines.

How long is this offer for?
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Yar's Avatar Libertus

One day, until 19:00 +1GMT.