Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: wow this game needs to be mooded and fast

Default wow this game needs to be mooded and fast

1. units rout too quickly and for no reason. even when the numbers are equal with similar units they starting to rout for no reason. and whats up with the general rule in this game. why when he dies immidiatly all the my army starting to rout? its really idiotic that 3000 soldiers during battle will suddenly hear from nowere that their general is dead and will start runing like chickens.

this really makes the battles unplayble and you cant enjoy them.

2. why missile units dont run back when they charged by mele units?

3. whats up with the rock papaer scicsore rules of this game? katana samurai > katana cavarly? how is that even possible?

seariosly. cavarly is frikin usless besides missile units. i can charge 500 of them on 100 katanas and they will kill me easly.

preety idiotic if you ask me.

all mele units>yari? wtf? how? they work only against cavarly any mele type beat the hell out of them.

why muskets are so storng? even in napoleon they are not that strong.

seariosly. this game will be awful without mods i can see it from now

Default Re: wow this game needs to be mooded and fast

1. that is really kind of annoying.

2. use the skirmish mode

3. cavalry are shock troops...you charge into the enemy lines, retreat and then charge again...once they stop they are dead, unless you dismount them.

yari only work well against cavalry, because that is their role.

I don't see anything idiotic there.
    Last edited by Prof; March 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by frank_garrett View Post
    1. units rout too quickly If you use the wrong units, in the wrong situation, in a frontal charge, then they will run from the field. This surprises you? Use your units well and in the right combination, like everyone else, and you'll find that this problem, well, isn't a problem.

2. why missile units dont run back when they charged by mele units? Probably because you never told them to, you know, run back after they were charged by a melee unit.

3. whats up with the rock papaer scicsore rules of this game? katana samurai > katana cavarly? how is that even possible? A frontage charge with Katana Cav will deal an initial charge bonus, but once they are bogged down they will start dropping quickly. Hit the unit from the front with a holding unit and then hit it from the back and sides with cav.

seariosly. cavarly is frikin usless besides missile units. i can charge 500 of them on 100 katanas and they will kill me easly. Then you're doing something seriously wrong, cavalry is meant to be used as a hammer, hence 'Hammer & Anvil'.

all mele units>yari? wtf? how? they work only against cavarly any mele type beat the hell out of them. Yari infantry should be placed on your flanks to: A.) Prevent enemy cavalry from flanking your main line, causing it to weaken, or, B.) Support your own cavalry in flanking the enemy's line and pinning it's cav in place to enable Hammer and Anvil strikes.

why muskets are so storng? even in napoleon they are not that strong. Almost every unit in the battle creator mod can be used to outflank muskets effectively. I flanked a musket unit with archers whilst they were in 1v1 with my own musket unit, they ran within seconds of the charge. They're only remotely useful when micromanaged well and supported.

seariosly. this game will be awful without mods i can see it from now That's your opinion, and I curse the ground that I walk on that I have to respect it.

InF3sTeD's Avatar Decanus

I think the mood is just fine

@Sup With That: You, sir, are a genius. "That's your opinion, and I curse the ground that I walk on that I have to respect it." I will be saying this from now on.
    @OP: It sounds like you're just bad at the game. No offense. TBH, this is one of the best games I've played, and this is just a demo. But, to each his own.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

There's a little button called Skirmish mode that has existed in TW games for the past 11 years.

3. whats up with the rock papaer scicsore rules of this game? katana samurai > katana cavarly? how is that even possible?
    Cavalry charges, katana sword fights. Katana samurai have two hands to wield a proper katana, katana cavalry have one hand to deal with a tachi that's almost as tall as them. So it's very accurate.

A volley of Fusiliers of the line from a good range takes out around 25-30 men. With experience it takes even 50. So I doubt they're stronger than Napoleon.

Uh, no.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I hope most of my opponents in mp are like the OP.
    Danny: "They thought we was devils?"
    Billy Fish: "Oh, Kafiristan people's very ignorant. I say to headman, Uta, I say 'Oh no, by jove! They're not devils, they gora sahibs, British soldiers!'"
    Danny: "Good man Billy Fish."
    Peachy: "And now, if you'll take us to this Uta bloke, we will begin his education."
    -The Man Who Would be King (film, 1975)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foojqh_Qm0

Yeah seriously, then I will unlock the top tier hats on day one.

Its all about the hats

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

we need more units. And Best morale things

duhsveti's Avatar Libertus

Well considering the fact that the demo has already been modded to hell and back, i have a good feeling about this game

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    Yeah seriously, then I will unlock the top tier hats on day one.
    As Stewie Griffin once said "I'm just not a hat person"

Foederatus

It really is all about the hats.

And I'm sure for all of us that are fine with the vanilla game, there are plenty of people who have a healthy hankering for mods. I know that TWCenter especially has a strong community that supports mod, sometimes to their exclusivity, refusing to acknowledge vanilla at all.

But both have their strong points and weak points, and are merely different. I hope OP will enjoy his/her mods. I will happily be eating grass on both sides of the fence.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Its all about the hats
    It really is.
    You may remember me from the official forums as Silva.

I was the one who wouldn't shut up.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by frank_garrett View Post
    1. units rout too quickly and for no reason. even when the numbers are equal with similar units they starting to rout for no reason. and whats up with the general rule in this game. why when he dies immidiatly all the my army starting to rout? its really idiotic that 3000 soldiers during battle will suddenly hear from nowere that their general is dead and will start runing like chickens.

this really makes the battles unplayble and you cant enjoy them.

seariosly. cavarly is frikin usless besides missile units. i can charge 500 of them on 100 katanas and they will kill me easly.

preety idiotic if you ask me.

all mele units>yari? wtf? how? they work only against cavarly any mele type beat the hell out of them.

1. Just DON'T GET YOUR GENERAL KILLED. If you are you're doing it wrong.

2. They start with skirmish mode disabled. Enable it.

3. Uh what? Heavy infantry in previous games kick cavalry's ass if they are stopped and caught in melee with them. Cavalry only win on the charge. and think irl stationary horsemen will have a big disadvantage vs moving dodging infantry. The inf can wield their sword propelry and not have to control a horse and can duck and weave unlike a guy on a horse.

4. I have no clue what you're getting at here. spearmen have ALWAYS lost to other infantry, especially swords since the very first total war game. Spearmen are useless vs foot.

5. Because matchlocks were devastating in history and pierce armour very easily. They aren't muskets.

My god what a stupid topic. It's like you've never played a total war game before.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 13, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Well a matchlock is just a type of firing mechanism ... a musket is a smoothbore muzzle loading firearm fired from the shoulder.

I agree! This game will be nothing without "Moods"
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Skirmish mode. It's been in TW games for as long as I can remember - I'm sure it's also in this game.

Regarding Katana Samurai beating cavalry, it's always been that way in TW games as well - cavalry are not designed to fight like infantry. If you get them involved in a meat grinder battle, they're gonna die.

The only thing I see that is in real need of work is the units' speed (especially the naval battles).

OP - have you even played a TW game before??
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I would say the exception is M2TW to the cavalry sticking. In that game Heavy Cav, especially AI controlled general's bodyguard units absolutely anihilate things in melee.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    I would say the exception is M2TW to the cavalry sticking. In that game Heavy Cav, especially AI controlled general's bodyguard units absolutely anihilate things in melee.
    Well i beat them with peasants in my aar. they don't really they are much more devastating on the charge. Cavalry get overwhelmed fast in m2tw because of the way enemy hits interrupt attack animations.

It's hilarious that the hats are mentioned in every thread.

I should start a: [PROP] Shogun 2 Hat mod topic

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast