Thread: Spam and Map bug?

Default Spam and Map bug?

Hi, I've returned to XGM since it's the only mod I actually find intresting after a long period of time invested in the campaign map(well, this and Rise of Persia that is). Anyways I noticed two things in my current campaign - one which is kind of annoying me and another that is almost like a "free map information"-bug.

This one is the annoying one(probably not a real bug). As you can see, there are about 12-13 navies from IGCS - it's very annoying since they are, well, everywhere!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <script src='http://img847.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=rometwalx20110313004010.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

This one is a real bug. At the start of the campaign I was able to see a number of cities from Iberia to Parthia. As you can see on this image - none of the cities has walls on the campaign map, but if I were to click on the building information given then there will be a building slot filled up by walls. The reason I talk about the walls is that; if I actually could've seen the settlements on the campaign map for myself(either through being there or map information of some other faction being there) then the walls would have been shown on the campaign map. While this doesn't really affect my gameplay since I have a general knowledge of where most cities are - it does however reduce the amount of map information I'm searching. Although the dots on the map are probably not updated, it still annoys me a little bit(not much).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <script src='http://img543.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=rometwalx20110313004020.png' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Spam and Map bug?

That's not a bug. Just get updated map info from the faction (orr use the "toggle_fow" cheat to view the area) and the walls will be represented on the campaign map.

Getting map info from a faction gives you a "snapshot" of what their territory looks like at that moment. Any changes that occur after that moment won't be visible until you get updated map info.

I believe you misunderstood me. I could see pretty much every city from Tingi to that stray parthian settlement from the beginning. The thing about the walls were just to prove that I've not seen those settlements yet. I'm pretty sure those cities are not supposed to be revealed - that's why I posted a bug-report here.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

It's not a bug; the cities you get to see at the start are part of your campaign objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    It's not a bug; the cities you get to see at the start are part of your campaign objectives.
    Aha! Now that I think of it, it all make sense! Sorry for the trouble.