View Poll Results: Do you think that TATW need some more units in it?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • More regional units, more elite units ... until this is not disruptive of faction balance why not?

206 66.24%
  • Yeah, maybe a couple more for certain factions

83 26.69%
  • No, not at all

22 7.07%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New units suggestions for 3.0: to take the crème of submods

Default Re: New units suggestions for 3.0: to take the crème of submods

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoniser View Post
    Not very lore accurate though ey?
    I don't posses some large knowledge about western regions of Gondor, but I do suppose that they are not that much in tune with the lore, but as Rora Lion said, they give a certain feel to western part of kingdom and are, as I said already really useful, and I don't think that they change balance drastically. Haradrim have their own horse archers and now try to imagine slow moving gondor infantry army trying to fight with harad that have combo of spearmen+heavy cavalry really early in the game, and on the other hand, first region that will be attacked by Isengard from the north is Pinath Gellin and Raiders give you nice edge, that you need, when you fight Isen Wargs and pike formations because these things are sure cavalry killers and one thing that you can not afford when you play as Gondor are gross losses in manpower that are more or less guarantied in war that is fought on 3 fronts, and here Riders come in

Would like to see some additional units.

Additional Mercs for cavalry for dwarves would be good; especially in the west.
    A new version of Lossarnach Axemen would be good. They don't look as good as the rest of the Gondor units.
    Best units from all the submods would be nice as well.

Well, I'd like to see more custom bodyguards. Like Aragorn has a mounted Grey Company, and like Dunedain and Ithilien ranger melee units. And custom hero models for Haldir, and Elrond, and other guys. Elrond doesn't look like him.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Haldir is custom, don't know about Elrond.
    I would love some extra units tough it hasn't got priority, first the custom settlements

Does anyone know how can I (that is can I) change the stats for the trolls myself because they are starting to bug me so very much...and again, maybe for 3.0 it would'n be bad to change them from heavy infantry to heavy cavalry and reduce their overall defense and attack, they are overpowered like they are now and are unbalanced. Maybe their are not, but ability to scale assault ladders makes them the factor that swings balance in Mordor favor. I mean, Denethors bodyguards and Fountain Guard, full numbers are defending walls and orc scale them and pitched battle begins and, as orcs are more numerous but low on quality there is some balance, but then trolls come in and they literally push trough my solid line (something that would be pretty hard when on the other side is 114 elite spearmen) and make gaps that are quickly filled with lesser orcs and there goes that magical balance. Denethor Steward Guards are dropping like flies and FG also and I'm slowly starting to bleed on my eyes. My suggestion is to make trolls heavy cavalry because it kinda makes sense that spearmen and pikemen are one of few really effective defenses against them. In the movies you see that those Olog-hai (big armoured trolls i think ) easily destroy Gondor infantry, even spears but if you think about it, spear gives it's wielder longer reach and 100 spears that are facing 9 trolls would take casualties but would be probably able to take them down as spearman can directly attack head and neck of trolls that are vulnerable places.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Zmaj are you by any chance from Slovenia?

Gondor missing a mounted missile unit.. perhaps a horse archer for dol amroth division was cool!

No, but close, I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina Gallus and I do agree with you Natanel, horse archers unit for Gondor would be great.

not sure about horse archers for gondor,but if,then i would accept them if they will be AOR for western gondor

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Natanael View Post
    Gondor missing a mounted missile unit.. perhaps a horse archer for dol amroth division was cool!
    You are kidding, right? Dol Amroth having horse archers, that's like Rohan having riflemen! If there will be horse archers available for Gondor they should be mercenaries from Dunharrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    You are kidding, right? Dol Amroth having horse archers, that's like Rohan having riflemen! If there will be horse archers available for Gondor they should be mercenaries from Dunharrow.
    oh no i can see it now rohanic rifles AKA cossack gunnnerss = OP bad asses
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Gondor could definetely make use of some machine guns... Die trolls, die!

Anyways I think archer cavalry recruitable in Dol Amroth is not such a good idea. Dol Amroth already has a big roster with this submod. It would fit best in some settlement of western Gondor. And if I can see correctly in the screenshots, Greenhill Rider are holding a bow, so it is western Gondor.
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; April 10, 2011 at 04:38 AM.

what about more units for isenguard?
    by the way new units are good-idea of minas ithil unit is great! and arnor need more unit that are late game-more armor,moral and power!
    if we are restoring kingdom that was strongiest in midlle earth than we should have some units to make all others too cry...
    maybe it would have to be costy but..!!?

Quote Originally Posted by ZmajOgnjeniVuk View Post
    Does anyone know how can I (that is can I) change the stats for the trolls myself because they are starting to bug me so very much...and again, maybe for 3.0 it would'n be bad to change them from heavy infantry to heavy cavalry and reduce their overall defense and attack, they are overpowered like they are now and are unbalanced. Maybe their are not, but ability to scale assault ladders makes them the factor that swings balance in Mordor favor. I mean, Denethors bodyguards and Fountain Guard, full numbers are defending walls and orc scale them and pitched battle begins and, as orcs are more numerous but low on quality there is some balance, but then trolls come in and they literally push trough my solid line (something that would be pretty hard when on the other side is 114 elite spearmen) and make gaps that are quickly filled with lesser orcs and there goes that magical balance. Denethor Steward Guards are dropping like flies and FG also and I'm slowly starting to bleed on my eyes. My suggestion is to make trolls heavy cavalry because it kinda makes sense that spearmen and pikemen are one of few really effective defenses against them. In the movies you see that those Olog-hai (big armoured trolls i think ) easily destroy Gondor infantry, even spears but if you think about it, spear gives it's wielder longer reach and 100 spears that are facing 9 trolls would take casualties but would be probably able to take them down as spearman can directly attack head and neck of trolls that are vulnerable places.
    I found them underpowered becouse they cost a lot and upkeep is high also and I don't like to look them get raped by some stupid archers or cheap militia

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    Gondor could definetely make use of some machine guns... Die trolls, die!

Anyways I think archer cavalry recruitable in Dol Amroth is not such a good idea. Dol Amroth already has a big roster with this submod. It would fit best in some settlement of western Gondor. And if I can see correctly in the screenshots, Greenhill Rider are holding a bow, so it is western Gondor.
    Gondor against trolls?? Fountain guards rape them-not match at all!?

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

You can edit unit stats in the export_descr_unit file in the TATW directory.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

A mounted missile unit for Gondor, and even worse Dol Amroth?
    Gondor isn't really known for it's great archers, except the rangers and Dol Amroth is mainly known for their knights, not some light missile cav

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    I agree about Dol Amroth pikemen. However, Gondor already has 2 regional units of archers, the Ithilien Rangers and the Blackroot Vale Archers, apart from the regular units that can be recruited everywhere. I don't see why another unit of archers should be included. On the other hand, Gondor completely lacks of archer/javelin cavalry.
    I'd like to keep this as it is, an optional submod, but I wouldn't like to see it in 3.0. That's all.
    It's very possible that the more lore-specific units here could be included in version 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by hahar View Post
    Gondor against trolls?? Fountain guards rape them-not match at all!?
    I'm talking about Olog-Hai. And not just one unit of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lolyousuck View Post
    A mounted missile unit for Gondor, and even worse Dol Amroth?
    Gondor isn't really known for it's great archers, except the rangers and Dol Amroth is mainly known for their knights, not some light missile cav
    Yeah, I definetely disagree placing mounted archers on Dol Amroth, but recruiting some in the western provinces of Gondor isn't a bad idea - we don't know much about western Gondor and a unit like this could fit in the area, as the western part of Gondor wasn't as advanced as the eastern part.
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; April 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

did you read book?There is mentioned in Return of the king during siege of gondor,that gondorians had excelent archers