View Poll Results: Do you think that TATW need some more units in it?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • More regional units, more elite units ... until this is not disruptive of faction balance why not?

206 66.24%
  • Yeah, maybe a couple more for certain factions

83 26.69%
  • No, not at all

22 7.07%
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New units suggestions for 3.0: to take the crème of submods

Icon2 New units suggestions for 3.0: to take the crème of submods

Hi folks. There is a lot of excellent units made by modders out there. I'd like to see which of them could add something to the game flavour, balance, tactical interest or (why not) look, and should therefore be included (if possible) in the next version according to you the community. In fact this should be a community driven effort, so if we want good ideas for 3.0 we've better to move up.

This is merely an oreview of some units over the forum for people to have an idea of what we are speaking about, a suggestion, we don't necessarily support the inclusion of ALL of them.

The Kingdom of Arnor

Louis Lux's Beastslayers

Agostinos' AUM units

Hollow steel marksmen

Dismounted Arnor Knights

Arnor Spearmen

Arnor Infantry

And Withwnar SAUS units withy their revolutionary spawning sistem

The Kingdom of Gondor

Taro_M's Reworked Rangers of Ithilien

Turambar & Taro_M's revised Gondor soldiers (with armour upgrades): Movie-accurate

Some of Taro_M's units

Osgiliath veterans (reworked)

Rhun

Yarrum's

Agostinos' AUM units

Lôke-Shah Rim

Lôke-Lar Rim

Lôke-Hash Rim

Easterling Cavalry

Silvan Elves

Silvan Shieldbearers by Agostinos

High Elves

Agostinos' Eldar guardians

The Kingdom of Rohan

Agostinos' Royal Kinsmen

Those are just some suggestions, post screenshots of the units you'd like to see in 3.0.
    Last edited by Rora Lion; April 08, 2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Update
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Default Re: New units suggestions for 3.0: to take the crème of submods

yeah gondor really needs new units and they need to be actually recruit them instead of spamming militia troops
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

The beastslayers are awesome !!!
    Regarding, from my point of view,Gondor dont need more units but generally the mod needs more Armour upgreat for most Units
    Tip:No extra armour for Trolls!!!!
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

I think Mordor should have some more men units, cuz in mordor it just wasnt orcs, there were some others, so like there could be black numenorian units, but more of em, and not just rhun and harad, soooo.... yeah

Basically I guess the faction rosters are somewhat finished, but like you said some AOR/Elite Units could be added.
    Lots of the units you proposed doesnt make much sense regarding the faction roster. E.g. Rhun doesnt needs 3 more Heavy Infantry units, which are all looking the same. Other units are good looking but in comaprison to KKs units they just dont reach his quality. So for example I support another pike unit for Gondor cause FG should be a very unique unit, only available 2-3 times (maybe also reduced to 120 men). So a Dol Amroth pike unit on tier 2 (upgradable) is a very good idea. The optimal case for Gondor would be to have a AOR unit in every principality, so that there is no more need for the militia which annoys me a little bit.

I don't dislike the vanilla militia, it looks very well designed and made unit to me, but to make the western provinces more involved in Gondor's economy of forces regional units make sense. And some Dol Amroth units (first of all the pikemen) too.

Well for anyone listening...

Arnor has knights. Why can't they fight dismounted? It's just about the only unit that doesn't have something like a dismounted version.

The Silvan elves can't field regular cavalry? I've never heard of a nation capable of fielding horse archers but not regular cavalry.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

you people DO know why there are submods i hope?

but some sub mods arent capatible with others
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

My ideal TATW mod would include FROME plus agostino's plus LL heroes (and FXR heroes as well) plus some other cool stuff like the elven rangers (I really liked them) plus most of Taro_M units and some units from the new Isengard submod.
    P.S: I would include tons of units from Divide and COnquer but considering it will be a total revamp of vanilla TATW i didnt mention them.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Imo, Gondor has a good, well built rooster with lots of variations already. Although I personally love the concepts and ideas, I really don't think they need more. A sort of "regular army" from Dol Amroth would make alot of sense though, seeing as they after all are the most important principiality of Gondor. Though, due to their size I think it would be logical to have some restrictions to how many you can recruit. The Osgiliath units looks so badass though, so I wouldn't mind having them in there too

Otherwise, Silvan Elves could need some more spice to their rooster, but thats about how far it goes. The vanilla factions are pretty damn great.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Damn if every Faction gets the love of Gondor with the armor upgrades it would make the game far richer !

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by thespaniard View Post
    but some sub mods arent capatible with others
    then download a submod like MOS, it has 36 submods in it

Note that this is not a thread started to show my idea of how things should be, but to have a community contribution with suggestions and screenshots. And the whole thread is only a big "suggestion" about units that might deserve inclusion in the vanilla, as was done before with some worth submod units (the Gondor Militia and Eregion Smiths if I remember correctly).
    Last edited by Rora Lion; March 13, 2011 at 07:53 AM.

Minardil's Avatar Libertus

My ideas:
    For Mordor:
    Slaves from Nurn. In the book is noted that around the sea of nurn in south east mordor there are HUGE Farmlands with (I guess) MANY slaves on it. In my opinion this slaves are men from Harad, Khand and Rhun.
    This Unit could be only recruitable in Nurn and of course very low armed and with poor morale.

For Gondor:
    Fisherman from the delta of the Anduin-River. In the books also a small host of Fisherman from Ethir-Anduin reeinforced Minas Tirith. The AOR could be in the regions of Linhir and Pelargir.
    And also for Gondor: Converted Haradrim or other southrons who serve Gondor as auxiliary forces like in the Roman empire ( I know that this comparison with Gondor and the Roman Empire was discussed many times) The AOR could be in Harondor but not farther south, I guess.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

let submods be submods i say KK regulary asks permission to people to add their stuff so it's safe to say that he knows what's out here in the subforum

i also like many different mods together and would love to see them in the regular TATW, but you can't have everything that's why i'm having my own submod, just doing it myself

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    ... A sort of "regular army" from Dol Amroth would make alot of sense though, seeing as they after all are the most important principiality of Gondor.
    I have to say that ideally I would like to see a Dol Amroth faction using some Taro_M units and some Squeaks units. It would be a great addition.

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, it's not exactly a new unit but one can understand why I'd vouch to see this included.

Also, to be honest, the only unit in the original post that I could actually see being included is the beastslayers. Taro_M's new units are all for Gondor and simply aren't of the level of quality that King Kong generally puts into the mod, and Agostino's unit don't really add anything special. If anything, they make rosters more bland since they give the good factions nearly identical elite rosters. It takes away from the uniqueness each unit has.
    Last edited by Yarrum; March 13, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

I feel like Mordor needs more variety in units. Come on, its the faction of the Dark Lord, he had all assortments of orcs and creatures with him.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I am against including the submods into TA, but yeah, I'd support more AOR units eagerly

it fits Middle-earth spirit

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast