For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: BETTER WATER 2 (RELEASED)

thx

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Amazing work as always, davide!

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Okay, forgive me for being dense, but: I have moved the text files into my data folder; now, the folder BETTER_WATER (with the sub folders river, test, waves, and all the textures in it) goes into the data folder also?
    Last edited by AJStoner; November 01, 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Okay, forgive me for being dense, but: I have moved the text files into my data folder; now, the folder BETTER_WATER (with the sub folders river, test, waves, and all the textures in it) goes into the data folder also?
    Should do, the text files refer to the Better Water folder, from what i can see anyway.

Cool, thanks. Was unsure how that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    BETTER_WATER folder goes inside the "data" too

Many thanks.

You're welcome

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

How taxing is this?

Taxing exactly like vanilla water, considering there are just brandnew textures and shaders basically

Great work as usual

thanks

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Tis is for sure one of the best minimods for M2TW. THANKS!

Just curious, any news on a 3.0 version? There is the possibility of getting it even better?

For now no news. Unfortunately i have few time for modding and im giving priority to better resources. yes theres a way to improve it

I always had BETTER WATER 2.0 running in TATW and since then I noticed that the reflections of terrain in water always looked totally black. Like this:

I recently edited the descr_geography_new.db file to get rid of terrain arround battlemap getting totally black, it was a issue in TATW 3.2 that can be fixed by editing the file so the engine will actually do what it should, load not a texture but a rgb combination (that you can set) on this etrrain areas. See here. Like in vanilla med2.

The point is, now that I changed the geography file, the same principle seem to be applied to the water reflection, where it was loading black, now it look like this:

Is there a way how to make the water reflect the terrain the way it is?

From my tests until now, its not related with the new BETTER WATER .textures but with the values in the text files, they change the way how the water reflects the terrain but only in therms of quality. I would like to know wich is the prameter making water to use out of border RGB colors set in descr_geography_new.db to form the texture reflection like we see in the second picture.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; June 25, 2014 at 09:55 PM.

t1aro's Avatar Foederatus

Beautiful screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I always had BETTER WATER 2.0 running in TATW and since then I noticed that the reflections of terrain in water always looked totally black. Like this: I recently edited the descr_geography_new.db file to get rid of terrain arround battlemap getting totally black, it was a issue in TATW 3.2 that can be fixed by editing the file so the engine will actually do what it should, load not a texture but a rgb combination (that you can set) on this etrrain areas. See here. Like in vanilla med2. The point is, now that I changed the geography file, the same principle seem to be applied to the water reflection, where it was loading black, now it look like this: Is there a way how to make the water reflect the terrain the way it is? From my tests until now, its not related with the new BETTER WATER .textures but with the values in the text files, they change the way how the water reflects the terrain but only in therms of quality. I would like to know wich is the prameter making water to use out of border RGB colors set in descr_geography_new.db to form the texture reflection like we see in the second picture.
    I don't know how to help you. It's for sure caused by that version of the mod. TATW 2.0 was the game i used the most for my test and there, at the time, my mod was working perfectly. Some suggestions i can give you. Generic suggestions: A) Load a backup of a previous geography file and see if the water returns to normal rendering B) If not, open at the same time the "better water" water text files together with the TATW water text files you find inside the mod folder i think, the files are named the same, and check if the version of TATW you have, have overwritten the original better water water text files or not. If the files look different the ones from the others with different destinations or RGB colors and so forth, then replace the strings of tatw version with the ones of better water

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    I don't know how to help you. It's for sure caused by that version of the mod. TATW 2.0 was the game i used the most for my test and there, at the time, my mod was working perfectly. Some suggestions i can give you. Generic suggestions: A) Load a backup of a previous geography file and see if the water returns to normal rendering B) If not, open at the same time the "better water" water text files together with the TATW water text files you find inside the mod folder i think, the files are named the same, and check if the version of TATW you have, have overwritten the original better water water text files or not. If the files look different the ones from the others with different destinations or RGB colors and so forth, then replace the strings of tatw version with the ones of better water
    I have already done these tests.

What do you mean with "working perfectly"?
    I guess the engine will always reflect the rgb tone like you see in the second picture. The problem is that with your better water, the water surface reflects a lot of more details so you can actually see the uglyness while in vanilla med2 as it reflects very badly you cant see much but its the same rgb tone.

I would like to find a way to make the water reflect the actual surface that is beeing reflected and not generate a rgb tone painting like this.

Where i can download this mod. shet. i cant find link here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast