Thread: graphic??

kamazamiko's Avatar Libertus

Default graphic??

my computer is slow and i'm planning of downloading this mod but i have 2 questions...

1.) Will my computer be able to handle this mod if my computer can barely handle rtr?

2.) I'm playing rtr and i don't want to delete it, but i also want to play this mod how can i play this without deleting rtr???

TNX IN ADVANCE!
    RAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!!

ohhhh its a noodles!!!

Default Re: graphic??

Well to answer your second question first( cause I know the answer is definitely right) Yes you can play FATW:TNS without having to delete RTR as FATW is completely modfoldered and will not overwrite your original Vanilla RTW files. But it is imperative that you must have installed the modswitch version of RTR cause the normal version is not modfoldered and will overwrite vanilla files thus rendering FATW unplayable.I can vouch for this as I have RTR-PE(mod switch version) along with 12 other mods installed including FATW and everything works fine.

To answer your second question if your PC is struggling with RTR I am not sure if it can handle FATW. I am not exactly knowledgeable on unit resolutions poly counts or how far they have overhauled graphics from vanilla but am guessing that your PC will struggle with FATW as well. I will leave it to someone more wise than me to advise you. If you can provide your PC specs that might be helpful as well.

P.S. Just a few tips to extract more performance from RTW engine: 1. Turn antilaliasing off from in-game menu and manually activate it from your GFX control panel. 2. Select High instead of highest for unit detail( makes no difference to graphics quality and puts less strain on your GFX card) and finally use gamebooster software to squeeze out every drop of performance. hope the info helps.

kamazamiko's Avatar Libertus

tnx for the info really helps
    RAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!!

ohhhh its a noodles!!!

FATW shouldn't burden your pc more than vanilla RTW does, we are not using any huge textures/models. It will probably be lighter than RTR as well.

Achilles Wrath pretty much covered the modfolder-related stuff.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Uh, not sure Aradan.
    There were times when my PC had troubles running FATW, but vanilla ran smoothly. This is already quite some years ago and it still was my 'old' PC (yeah, my 'new' one is already some four years old or such). But today I cannot see a difference and I can run FATW with maxed details and unit size without any problems.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Never experienced slow-down with FATW (my pc is 6.5 years old); all modfoldered mods run even slightly slower than vanilla, I believe.

This probably depends on which graphic card you have, I encountered slow downs when fighting Rhun(always),
    and sometimes when fighting Dunland and Harad, leading me to guess that my graphics card had trouble drawing certain textures, but not others.
    THe quantity of units on-screen seemed not to be much of a problem.
    Furthermore, I found that the campaign map was very slow, slower than R:TW, until I got a new graphics card a few months back, which changed everything.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Graphic card, eh? Something funny that reoccured recently is that my PC has huge problems running a battle at triple speed when the screen showed any units. If I move the camera to the corner of a map it runs smoothly.

I'll need a new RAM and GC anyway.

Shogun II
    The Witcher II
    and finally TES V Skyrim!

I'll lock myself up in my room for half a year
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.