Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the West General Discussion

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Walls

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    I think we can't do murder holes in M2TW (I may be wrong but if we can, I'll do it )
    Technically the oil holes at the gates are murder holes, but it would be nice to at least see them at towers

Zames's Avatar Kirā

Default Re: War of the West (Update 07/04/2011)

Wow, +rep for that, wonderful work mate!

I have to say only a thing, but it's a little one: in my opinion, the shields look is too "clean", they appear so "new", maybe you could make them a bit dirty.
    But as said, it's just my personal point of view, what do you think about it?

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Théoric HämmerHörde View Post
    Technically the oil holes at the gates are murder holes, but it would be nice to at least see them at towers
    I'll need to check this out if I can have both, or maybe, I'll create a new "defensive" building that add murder holes that throw rocks

Silver Legionary's Avatar Princeps

Speaking of quicklime, I believe in Vanilla RTW there was a unit the "Britons" had
    called Head-Hurlers, it said in their description that they dipped their fallen enemies heads in quicklime,
    and as Roz said, it was NASTY, because it was demoralizing, as you can imagine, and the quicklime burned something fierce if it made contact with your soldiers.

Pretty ahistorical, IMO, but still a fun fact.

Eheh, speaking of fun things to add, I'll add the wardogs for my mod, more or less used but still a great add-on. I've also read that the Swiss peasants were often using rocks to defend against siege, anyone can turn a rock into weapon. In time of crisis, even the children and women will throw rocks to hold and push away the enemy.

Ichon's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine

I'm pretty sure rocks, excrement, corpses, etc were used in most sieges. Easy to get and need to get rid of anyway.

Indefinitely Banned

I'll need to check this out if I can have both, or maybe, I'll create a new "defensive" building that add murder holes that throw rocks
    It is possible to include animations/missiles onto the top portions of towers (hence arrows/artillery shooting from within, the balistae come out to shoot, etc), so maybe a murder hole animation wouldn't be that far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Théoric HämmerHörde View Post
    It is possible to include animations/missiles onto the top portions of towers (hence arrows/artillery shooting from within, the balistae come out to shoot, etc), so maybe a murder hole animation wouldn't be that far fetched.
    I was thinking something similar to that; A defensive building; the Murder holes. What this will give is when units are coming close to the walls, rocks will fall on them in addition to tower that shoots arrows.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Pili Prior

I think it would be cooler to see Machicolations on walls instead. You could make it like an upgrade you have to research and after you do, no more ladders can be used and it will provide additional defenses.
    http://www.castles.me.uk/machicolations.htm

Drawbridges would be pretty bad ass too. Make them similar to gates so that they open and close the same way.
    http://www.castles.me.uk/castle-drawbridge.htm

Ferdiad's Avatar Legatus Legionis

Wouldn't those require custom settlements?

Yes, I thought that was the main point to this.

I may not wander into doing graphic, I've already enough with scripting (I'm alone to do coding for WotW, need to learn a lot before ) but I need to check if first I can do a murder hole. I want to make into my mod that it will be very difficult to siege a city (as it supposed to be) cuz that was I was disappointed about SS is it's so easy to capture a settlement.

I may not wander into doing graphic, I've already enough with scripting (I'm alone to do coding for WotW, need to learn a lot before ) but I need to check if first I can do a murder hole. I want to make into my mod that it will be very difficult to siege a city (as it supposed to be) cuz that was I was disappointed about SS is it's so easy to capture a settlement.
    Just make the towers really OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    That's what I though and maybe increasing the fortification of the gate as well. Mixing the murder holes and towers will be devastating as well an increase a range for towers. I would add an extra if I have the permission and that will greatly enhance the defense of cities but it's a secret

That's what I though and maybe increasing the fortification of the gate as well. Mixing the murder holes and towers will be devastating as well an increase a range for towers. I would add an extra if I have the permission and that will greatly enhance the defense of cities but it's a secret
    Have you accounted for the AI?It's at sieges at the best of times.

Have you accounted for the AI?It's at sieges at the best of times.
    I'll check this out in TWC, choosing the best BAI available but my main concern is the recruitment system and the gestion of settlements

Ishan's Avatar At Your Service!
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Posts Moved, Discuss your mod here not in the SS forums.

I was talking about a new thing in another thread that I would try to incorporate. Murder Holes and peasant who throw rocks. Basically, WotW mainly focus on the recruitment and building system but we will try to add a new add-on for the battles (especially the sieges). Basically, what M2TW was lacking is the sieges, they were to easy to do. So basically, we will increase the durability of the walls and gates, an increase of range for towers, boiling oil, and adding murder holes. If we have the permission, we may add a totally new concept ofr siege defense but for now we would keep it as a secret.

Ishan's Avatar At Your Service!
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Don't get into the forum thing a lot that way the progress of the mod stagnates, work on the map first that's easy and very long work considering the smallest details involved. Go into the rest of the stuff later on.

Missiles and laser beams?

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information