Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the West General Discussion

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: War of the West (Updated at the first post)

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    wow! this just like ChC ( my main mod)Claimants, heirs & conquerors it focuses on western Europe during the same time period just like this about 5 French factions, six Italian but enough about my mod if you have help with this it probably will more advanced than mine but you might want to check it out you might want to borrow a thing or two but anyway this looks good!
    Thank you for your proposal mate. We will discuss it later about it cuz some of our members are busy with other project (including myself) but I really appreciate it

Silesian_Noble's Avatar Pili Prior

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    After several discussions in our group, we will not further extend the map and not adding these factions.
    OK, I have no problem with it Really, but...

We don't have anything against these kingdoms, they are also rich in history but they will not brings any major conflicts except against the HRE.
    They would not only have conflict with HRE, but also with each other, Poles could also interact with Kalmar Union, Hungary with Italian states. Also using your argmentation of limited conflicts, what is the point of having Portugal (almost not present on the map, have boarder with only one faction), Scotland (probably boarder with England only), Kalmar Union (probably conflict with HRE only) etc.

They are part of the Western kingdoms but they are also half/half Eastern factions in a way.
    In what way Poland was eastern? It was typical feudal state with western social structure, with knights and their rich tradition, with western catholic religion, with a King approved by the Pope, with Latin as an official written language, with western architecture, with armies organized and armored as in other western states. What exactly then was eastern in Poland?

I understand and accept your decision of not including Poland, Hungary and other Central European western states. But you should not use argumentation which is neither logical nor true. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    OK, I have no problem with it Really, but...

They would not only have conflict with HRE, but also with each other, Poles could also interact with Kalmar Union, Hungary with Italian states. Also using your argmentation of limited conflicts, what is the point of having Portugal (almost not present on the map, have boarder with only one faction), Scotland (probably boarder with England only), Kalmar Union (probably conflict with HRE only) etc.

In what way Poland was eastern? It was typical feudal state with western social structure, with knights and their rich tradition, with western catholic religion, with a King approved by the Pope, with Latin as an official written language, with western architecture, with armies organized and armored as in other western states. What exactly then was eastern in Poland?

I understand and accept your decision of not including Poland, Hungary and other Central European western states. But you should not use argumentation which is neither logical nor true. Thank you.
    I'm sorry about it. I'll delete the arguments. I may offend some persons but I'm sorry, I didn't really use the good words to explain our decision but I'm not english native, so forgive my mistakes. I could only say this, from our perspectives, these factions will not have enough influence on the other factions.

Druvatar De Bodemloze's Avatar Ctd`s r 4 loser`s

I agree with the Noble Silesian as I had the same dilemma in my project I added them but as unplayable so they are an important part of the game but not the "players experience of the game"

Zames's Avatar Kirā

I think this coulde be a great project, but I have to discuss some points (for the Italian powers, 'cause I am Italian): I don't know if the name "Repubblica di Firenze" is correct, it depends from the period the game starts, because there were times when it was a Republic, and times when it was a Duchy (Ducato, in Italian). I read that the timeframe is between 1300s and 1500s, so it could be the Republic. In the preview, the little symbol next to the CoA is the CoA of Siena, or am I making mistake? Because I think that the proper "minor" flag to insert is this http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fl...he_Baptist.svg .

You have to correct for "Repubblica di Milano"...'cause I know that it never existed, Milano wasn't a Republic. For Milan, you can use the term "Commune" (in Italian is Comune, in english there isn't a real translation, they were a sort of city-states, you know), or from the XV century, the more famous "Duchy". That CoA I think it's not totally correct, 'cause that snake was the symbol of Visconti's family, the proper CoA would be the same red cross of Genoa but you can use this one, I think it's more correct than yours http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co..._of_Sforza.svg (this is the coat of arms of Sforza's House). The "little" coat of arms is correct I think.

Ok, now the last point, I am from Liguria so how I couldn't be happy to see Genoa? But where did you take the small CoA with the griffon? 'Cause, yes, the griffon was a symbol of Genoa, but the blue and red color aren't I think, they are the colors of the Genoa soccer team! Maybe you have to replace with different ones, could I suggest to use the red cross on white also for that? And, finally, I think you have to correct the name (really a little thing, "Rpubrica" instead of "Rpubbrica", it's better and in "genoese" is more correct).

BTW, +rep for the project mate!

Thank you for the information mate. Returning your rep. We will fix this, we are still doing research and we will keep updating as much as possible. Thank you to spot that .

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Dxe

you're right Zames, myself, I do the mistake when I type fastly...
    for the secondary banner, I thought to one Saint-George killing the dragon, simply.
    I saw some great examples from the early 15th century.

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]

Zames's Avatar Kirā

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    you're right Zames, myself, I do the mistake when I type fastly...
    for the secondary banner, I thought to one Saint-George killing the dragon, simply.
    I saw some great examples from the early 15th century.
    Yes, it could be an idea, but what about something like this? http://www.francobampi.it/liguria/st...tlas_major.jpg this is the original Genova banner, two griffins holding that strange shield with the St. George cross.

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Dxe

yes, but also it appear very "17th century". I doubt about the crown and the shape of the shield, really.
    Have you some sources about the symbols of Genua?
    I don't say isn't the true symbol of Genua, but this present look really late.
    also, you're welcome to help us about the Liguria/Corsica/Nice, I'm myself highly interested, but I can't be unit's maker and reshearcher in same time.

Zna need you Zames!

absinthia's Avatar Ub latrna est

from our perspectives, these factions will not have enough influence on the other factions.
    then might i suggest you drop Norway/Denmark as well? perhaps let the Kalmar Union emerge out of rebel area.
    if Poland and Hungary do not influence other factions enough then surely Scandinavian factions even less. also without Sweden to contest with Norway and Denmark has even less interests on your map area, as the main focus of these factions would be around the Baltic sea.
    this would ease your workload and free up 2-3 faction slots to be used for rebellious barons and such.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; S tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grd Enker og der grd Brn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige rn.
    Anders Srensen Vedel

Zames's Avatar Kirā

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    yes, but also it appear very "17th century". I doubt about the crown and the shape of the shield, really.
    Have you some sources about the symbols of Genua?
    I don't say isn't the true symbol of Genua, but this present look really late.
    also, you're welcome to help us about the Liguria/Corsica/Nice, I'm myself highly interested, but I can't be unit's maker and reshearcher in same time.

Zna need you Zames!
    Ok, I've checked and I saw that the symbol appears too "17th century" (even if one very similar was made in XVI century).

Well, the problem isn't the griffon (look, in this site, to the coins, you have to go down in reading; you'll see that there's the griffon on coins from 1139! http://www.ilcaffaro.com/stemma.php), it is correct, but the colors behind it, maybe if you can't use the red cross in white, I think you should use simply white.

Or maybe, if you look again at the coins you should see a castle (not clear, maybe a fortified gate), that is another symbol that you can use, you have only to choose I think (griffon griffon griffon!)

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Dxe

http://www.ilcaffaro.com/fotografia..../stemma_01.jpg
    this look very good, for the late era, thanks

"Il "castello" potrebbe in realt essere una sorta di "porta fortificata". "
    very transparent

We have another announcement for you, we've decided to add two new factions!!

Kingdom of Sweden
    Kingdom of Bohemia

Kingdom of Sweden will have a roster very influenced by the German, having good cavalry and a mix of Germano-Scandinavian units.

Kingdom of Bohemia will have access to the war wagons, a unique roster also will be implanted for them.

Default Re: War of the West (Update 06/04/2011)

Map updated at the OP, may be slightly modified but that will be pretty much the base map.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE?!

can't see the map

Quote Originally Posted by lolyousuck View Post
    can't see the map
    Fixed, it should be there at the OP

Kirā

Hmm sorry it only says "Update!!" where the map should be. I'm looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by markhaselb View Post
    Hmm sorry it only says "Update!!" where the map should be. I'm looking forward to this
    Ok, it should be fixed now. At the first post of the thread

toluas's Avatar Banzai jūden-ki

Updated from 07/04/2011 (should be there, I can see it myself)
    I can't. No map.

Try to fix it again, please tell me you can see it cuz I can see it in the OP.

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information