Ferdiad's Avatar Legatus Legionis

Default Re: Announcement!! Battle of the Western Monarchs

Yay, love your animations.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Here's a spoil that will be included into the project:

List of buildings that might be integrated:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Windmill/Watermill: Sad to see these buildings are not in the game since it's the main building to make bread; the peasant food.
    It will needs the farm building to build it.

Great Hall: It's the building were the nobles eat, live, sleep, making gestion of the settlement. It will gives bonus on taxes, penalty to happiness and growth and it will be this building were the nobles will be recruited.

School: Separated into two distinctive path, the military one (obviously for the castle settlements) and the cultural/administrative one (for the city settlement).

Cultural Settlement technology: This will be unique into the project (never saw it in any other mod so far), remember Age of Empire II expansion? Each culture has a technology
    that gives a bonus depending on the culture (Eg. The Briton's technology gave a +2 range to their archers, Persian gave a +30 percent of movement speed to elephants, etc.).
    This is what I would like to include in the project. It will gives two things: First, it's your building that helps you to convert the conquered culture to yours.
    The second, depending on the faction, will provides a bonus of any kind (of course, a balanced one).

Superfuge Academy: Quite ridiculous that assassins ans spies are recruited in brothel. This building will allow you to recruit these agents as well making them proeficient as the tier of the building is higher.

Urban Barrack: This is a building tree that will allow the city settlement to recruit professional units (some are unique).

Hospital: Same as the Bimastarian from Vanilla. Only cultural settlement based (growth and cultural based) can build them.

River port: A smaller version of dock, cannot recruit boats but gives some trade, health and growth bonus.

Library: Separated into two distinctive path, the military one (obviously for the castle settlements) and the cultural/administrative one (for the city settlement).
    It will provides some further bonus on learning when the character studying.

Toll Road: SV inspires me with this one, it will provides a great bonus on taxes but an important penalty on happiness.

Highway Road: A third level of road building.

Well: The main source of potable water. Increase health and growth. Also, this idea from Bellum Crucis for the assassin to gives some plaguespreader ability
    (this will allow the assassin to spread plague by successfully destroy a building) is really good. When an assassin destroys the well building, they will have ahigher chance to spread plague but more difficult to destroy.

Cultural Settlement: This building will allow you to keep the conquered culture to not disappear and even recruit some units. For example, england capture Edinburgh, if he construct this building, the Gaelic culture will still be there and could
    This will gives access to conquered units but at the cost of law penalty since the conquered people don,t really like their new leader.

Events:

Merchant event: When popped, if the player accept to pay, it will have a chance to increase the skill of merchants.

Harvest event: when popped, it may be two answers:
    The havesting season was a really good one, more than usual. It will gives money to the player.
    The harvesting season is bad, if you don't pay, they might have a greater risk to develops plagues and riots.

Pirate event: The pirates are attacking the sea trade roads, if you don,t pay, your trade economy will be reduced.

Bandit event:The bandits are attacking the trade roads, if you don't pay, your trade economy will be reduced.

Spy/assassin event: a master of subperfuge is coming into your kingdom, if you pay, this master will teach some tricks to your agents and may increase their subperfuge ability.

Real Recruitment events: Units may be available when a certain technology/event is reached (obvious example is when the gunpowder technology is discovered).

Others:

Recruitment of mercenaries when sieged.
    Garrison_script when the AI is sieged (really minor reinforcement like three militia units), they are removed when the siege is over.
    Allow to build two buildings at a time (don,t know if it's hardcoded but if not, I'll include it).
    Increase the cost of buildings and construction time.
    Assassin may develops the ability to spread plagues when they destroy building(s).
    Spies may develops the ability to steal equipment ancillaries.
    The harvesting period will be two turns, from fall to winter. This will disable to recruit militia and local units but professional and feudal units will still be able to be recruited.
    For the permanent forts, gives one free upkeep slot.
    Increase cost of permanent forts from 500 to 3000.
    Remove the weapon upgrade fro mswordsmith guild
    Rename the Swordsmith guild to Training Facility guild and gives XP bonus to infantry.
    Rename the Sherwood archer guild to Archery guild and make it available to factions oriented to archery (Wales, england).
    Remove the thieve, assassin guild.
    Remove all aztec buildings, religious (including Order buildings), orthodox and muslim buildings
    Each campaign (three) will have a timeframe of 80 years (so following 4TPY will gives 320 turns per campaign which is enough I believe)
    Mr. crow wagons will be included (permission required first)
    Increase number of artillery engines and gives stake ability.
    remove italian flag engine that gives boost on morale (the feudal units will give it anyway)

Unit type: I'll separate them in these categories (following RR/RC guidelines from Point Blank):

Unit Quality:
    Unique
    Exceptional
    Elite
    Superior
    Average

Other quality:
    Combination (archery and melee for example)

Unit Types:
    High Noble (Free upkeep in castles and forts, high upkeep, command abilities)
    Professional (Full time soldier, expensive and trained)
    Militia (reduced morale when in campaign, free upkeep, low training)
    Local (culture dependant)

Note: These types can be mixed with local type (local militia, local Professional, local High Noble). Most of the units will have this combination.

Credit to SS, CHIP team, SV Team, Point Blank and BotWM Team for inspiration.
    Last edited by Polycarpe; March 15, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE?!
    Content Staff

some really good ideas, +rep

Another Norway Preview, the Stormenn

The Stormenn, meaning "Great Men", were the highest members of the Hird below the King's family. Being important figures, these men were close to the king and follow him wherever he goes and are assigned to be the bodyguard of the high nobles of Norway. Among the most armored men, the Stormenn fights like the old Huskarlar with the renowned danish axe. Few men can stand against them and they know it.

Better picture.

Wallachian's Avatar Equites Cohortales

This mod is looking more and more promising. And that German knight is just great!

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Hi Bg
    OK to use the "Rozanov" (not my description but I know what you mean) forts - apart from the the ones in the pkh folder - you'll need to get their permission to use those.
    Credit wolfslayer to for the "Roz" forts.
    Water well in CHIP is from Swagger's L'Outremer mod - OK to use but would like credit - you can use the different colour versions I changed, and text.
    All the best with this - if I wasn't up to me eyes in mods I'd join you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Hi Bg
    OK to use the "Rozanov" (not my description but I know what you mean) forts - apart from the the ones in the pkh folder - you'll need to get their permission to use those.
    Credit wolfslayer to for the "Roz" forts.
    Water well in CHIP is from Swagger's L'Outremer mod - OK to use but would like credit - you can use the different colour versions I changed, and text.
    All the best with this - if I wasn't up to me eyes in mods I'd join you here.
    Thanks Roz, anyway, it has a lot of work in there. Who knows, maybe later, you'll have more time

toluas's Avatar Pili Prior

Really nice ideas!
    Get yourself some encouragement rep...

Tokus*Maximus's Avatar MAN in the HIGH CASTLE

Good stuff - very interesting.

FULL FACTION SYMBOLS SHOWN...
    Check out Shadrach and my symbol patcher for DLV (now in BB). It's in the DLV sub-mod section. Drop Shadrach a line. It allows you to go to the maximum faction number AND show each with unique symbols (instead of duplicating some as subsitutes). It also allows for 6 region style rebel symbol on top - making your mod appear mega full of factions...

Look for to helping where I can!

-- Tokus*Maximus

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

In O/P
    Whelsh
    - - try Welsh.

kingdoms better as breniniaethau ?

k/t's Avatar Auxiliarius

Why is it "Kingdoms" instead of "Kingdom" for England, Scotland and Ireland?

Genoa is written as "repubbRica" instead of "L". Also, it has an accent, but Florence and Milan don't. Were their dialects different or you forgot to put the accents?

"Baron's" should be "Barons'".

Superfuge -> Subterfuge

Hahahaha...superfudge...hahaha.

You already get more income when the harvest has been good, no? How exactly would you rationalize paying when a harvest is bad? Maybe as importing food from elsewhere so your people don't starve. Hey...there's a thought...how about implementing a plague-like event except it's a famine. It also lasts for a few turns and it kills your population.

I can't rationalize merchant events, though. Or the assassin ones. I don't think there were travelling assassins who taught you their tricks. I don't think there were any assassin academies either. The School Of The Americas concept is a new one.

I can't imagine what kind of cultural improvement could make elephants run 30% faster.
    Last edited by k/t; March 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Dxe

I admit, there are some defects...

just...:

"Genoa is written as "repubbRica" instead of "L". Also, it has an accent, but Florence and Milan don't. Were their dialects different or you forgot to put the accents?"

eh...be at least curious before to debit such words.
    yeah the toscan dialect wasn't used in Genua/Gena/Zena before the 19th century as official use.

The "Zenese"(genoese idiome) is one different italic dialect, mostly ligurian.
    And the Zeneisi are proud of their orthograph "defects/mistakes".

an exemple of the genoese idiome:
    "
    O Ligure o l' est na lengoa do gruppo lengoistigo italico oident parl in Italia (Liguria, Piemonte, Emilia-Romagna e Sardegna), into sud da Fransa, in Corsega, e into Prinipu de Monego)."

thanks for your lesson, it was truly edifying...

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]

With the few spare faction slots left, have you considered even more Baron Alliances in the other countries other than England and France. Having emergent rebel twin faction pop up in a civil war will be gripping!

Just a thought.

-- Tokus

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Dxe

I regret the MTW1, about the rebel/putsch/conspiration side...
    As well, the historic emergeant factions would be somewhat impossibles to stop while their emerging and the recovering of their national territory.
    I think the Swiss will be particulary scarring for the HRE and the Italian states...

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]

karaislam's Avatar Pili Prior

mod team looks good.especially rusbey and frenchy.its very pitty that there is no turks.i dont play a mod if it doesnt have turks.and there are many muslim and turks around think like that.no offence please.respect.

Supai

This is looking great and im looking forward to playing this, but just wondering will there be any kind of a later campaign like in SS. I ask because i really like the sound of some of the emergent factions and would love to play as them

It might have some mistakes about names and words, I'm not English native, I'm French.

About the harvest system that we will incorporated, the harvest script will appear every three turns to say if it's a normal harvest (no impact), an excellent harvest (having some excess of food, will give bonus) or a bad harvest (not enough food, if the lord do not share their personal reserves or export ood, then it will have a plague-like famine or riots or both).

"I can't imagine what kind of cultural improvement could make elephants run 30% faster."
    Geez, you never play AoE II? It's only an example of concept.

"I can't rationalize merchant events, though. Or the assassin ones. I don't think there were travelling assassins who taught you their tricks. I don't think there were any assassin academies either. The School Of The Americas concept is a new one."

You've got the same in SS for merchant and priest. And what is ridiculous is recruiting spies and assassins into a brothel.

@Tokus: Yes, making more "shadow" factions could be interesting as well , we will check this.
    @We decided to split the mod into two campaign set, the early an late, so you'll be able to play more factions.

2D factions looking goos - I crunched on using the faithful ol' DLV set - filled in the gap factions. Sample sometime...

As well as more emerging rebel Barons, a directly eastern faction or two could emerge on the far right of the strat map as if they've finally reached us and a vanguard are coming into our western world. But then, I guess all the extra unit slots will go to make the euro ones more elborate - which is the point of thisd mod. Er... So I'll withdraw that last suggestion. Heh.

All the best ot the gang!

-- Tokus

Supai

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    @We decided to split the mod into two campaign set, the early an late, so you'll be able to play more factions.
    Sounds good to me thanks for the reply

k/t's Avatar Auxiliarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    Arrogant verbiage
    I didn't know, that's why I asked. If I had cared enough, I would have spent 40 minutes reading up on the subject before posting.

I didn't know the fairs in SS gave merchants any traits. I didn't notice the tourneys doing anything for princesses or knights either. I think they're just there for the atmosphere.

No, I never played Age Of Empires.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information