Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 53 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1562

Thread: War of the West General Discussion

bigdogbluesky's Avatar Vexillifer

Default Re: War of the West General Discussion

SonOfPeveral says he will continue to work on the mod until completion at some later date as RL allows - see Hiatus thread sticky - so all is not lost, hopefully!
    Last edited by bigdogbluesky; February 01, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant - Lucretius

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Here's some updates:

-With my rusty skills, I finished Scotland recruitment roster. For now, England and Scotland is done, will tackle the Hebrides quite soon.

-Due to our long inactivity on our other working platform, we've lost our information regarding Welsh roster, therefore, we will need to recreate a new one or some of you could provide information about them.

-We will need someone who could do scripts and who possess experience in that domain, if anyone who feel can help, let me know but for now I'll focus more on that aspect after my recruitment is done.

-Unfortunately, I have received no signs of life from Lord Hamilton; I will try to do it again but it may be possible that we will require a unit modeler to help us out.

That's pretty much it, see ya around.

Polycarpe

Hermod's Avatar Cornicularius

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    Here's some updates:

-With my rusty skills, I finished Scotland recruitment roster. For now, England and Scotland is done, will tackle the Hebrides quite soon.

-Due to our long inactivity on our other working platform, we've lost our information regarding Welsh roster, therefore, we will need to recreate a new one or some of you could provide information about them.

-We will need someone who could do scripts and who possess experience in that domain, if anyone who feel can help, let me know but for now I'll focus more on that aspect after my recruitment is done.

-Unfortunately, I have received no signs of life from Lord Hamilton; I will try to do it again but it may be possible that we will require a unit modeler to help us out.

That's pretty much it, see ya around.

Polycarpe
    That's great news. Best of luck carrying on with the project!

druzhina345's Avatar Hastatas Posterior

Icon1 Re: War of the West General Discussion

Here's some updates: -Due to our long inactivity on our other working platform, we've lost our information regarding Welsh roster, therefore, we will need to recreate a new one or some of you could provide information about them. Polycarpe
    You can get a free account at box.com to store data on-line which can be accessed by multiple people with passwords. Files can be worked on on-line (in the 'cloud').

druzhina345
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers
    Last edited by druzhina345; March 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

morfeasnikos's Avatar Artifex

Here's some updates:-With my rusty skills, I finished Scotland recruitment roster. For now, England and Scotland is done, will tackle the Hebrides quite soon.-Due to our long inactivity on our other working platform, we've lost our information regarding Welsh roster, therefore, we will need to recreate a new one or some of you could provide information about them.-We will need someone who could do scripts and who possess experience in that domain, if anyone who feel can help, let me know but for now I'll focus more on that aspect after my recruitment is done.-Unfortunately, I have received no signs of life from Lord Hamilton; I will try to do it again but it may be possible that we will require a unit modeler to help us out.That's pretty much it, see ya around. Polycarpe
    Its a great thing England and Scotland is done.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Princeps Posterior

Great news about work being done on recruitment rosters. Hope you will find a new modeller as it would be pity to have vanilla units for Wales and Irish factions.

Neofit's Avatar Munifex

would be great to have a campaign for testing: Thumbsup2
    En nom Dieu! Vive le Roy! A bas la Republique!

Thank you for your support ! Hebridean roster is coded, the next step will be Orkney and coding Welsh and Irish roster. After that, I'll try to add some placeholders to make things working properly (or for the matter of testing, I may lock automatic battle to see how the campaign goes).

Quote Originally Posted by druzhina345 View Post
    You can get a free account at box.com to store data on-line which can be accessed by multiple people with passwords. Files can be worked on on-line (in the 'cloud').

druzhina345
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers
    Thanks for the tip, we're using dropbox but the info wasn't saved unfortunately, I'll contact my Welsh researcher see if he still has some info for the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Great news about work being done on recruitment rosters. Hope you will find a new modeller as it would be pity to have vanilla units for Wales and Irish factions.
    As far as it goes, it may be the case but I may also use the Last Kingdom Welsh and Irish roster as placeholders until that (we've got permission to use them).

Quote Originally Posted by Neofit View Post
    would be great to have a campaign for testing: Thumbsup2
    It's coming up smoothly, we will have to use placeholders but eventually, there will be a beta, can't say when but progress goes well.

Emperor Hantscher's Avatar Aquilifer

I'd like to think I would be a good beta tester, when the time comes of course Thanks for the update Poly, good to here that some progress is being made.

OT: Does anyone know of any good literature to learn about English history during the time period of this mod? I'm about to start a book on the history of the Crusades and I think next I want to dive into Medieval English history.
    Last edited by Emperor Hantscher; March 17, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

Some update:

-The Hebrides and Orkney unit roster is all coded in the recruitment system (excluding scripts).

-Another good new, I've found some hidden files regarding the Welsh roster and it seems I've already coded to an ancient folder which means I only need to add the units in the recruitment system along rebalancing them with my unit guide!

-After all the factions coded for recruitment, I'll use placeholders for the units (UI and models) using (unfortunately) vanilla models. I am thinking the reason why Lord Hamilton is not present is his computer might still be broken and he have other commitments (and perhaps internet issues), I'm confident one day he will be back but for the moment, I'll make the mod workable as much as I can by using temporary placeholders; at least its better than silver models.

That's pretty much it, stay tuned for other news later on!

Centurio

Have you considered using the units GeMiNi][SaNDy made?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v2-3

or has someone already suggested this?

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Have you considered using the units GeMiNi][SaNDy made?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v2-3

or has someone already suggested this?
    They are very exquisite, I really like them. However, these units are mostly "normanized" like England and our "Norman" rosters are already done. Only Ireland and Wales roster are left (Orkney is mostly done but its Lord Hamilton who possess it and his computer is broken).

Centurio

They are very exquisite, I really like them. However, these units are mostly "normanized" like England and our "Norman" rosters are already done. Only Ireland and Wales roster are left (Orkney is mostly done but its Lord Hamilton who possess it and his computer is broken).
    I wish you the best then and hope you are able to get in touch with Lord Hamilton

Kjertesvein's Avatar Gaming Staff Tribune
    Vault Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    I'd like to think I would be a good beta tester, when the time comes of course Thanks for the update Poly, good to here that some progress is being made.

OT: Does anyone know of any good literature to learn about English history during the time period of this mod? I'm about to start a book on the history of the Crusades and I think next I want to dive into Medieval English history.
    I don't know what to say, but I think all you WotW fan girls are awesome for not taking "no" for an answer.

Take this rep!

~Wille
    Featured links:
    Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLk0vqad8dXss0QGwCHTRxg
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9U_UPJLasfZYZ0icNI0vBg
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AveunUK?feature=watch

Philosophy
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRiQGCHGjDLT9FQXFW0I3A
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp0k3OKqfkPW0HdRLA8JWZg
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc_xdkOBgSYLmXTn-VSQ4uA

History
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pgQfOXRsp4UKrI8q0zjXQ

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Tierd of playing on your own? Send me a PM when I'm online.

I have mic.

Emperor Hantscher's Avatar Aquilifer

Why thank you Wille!

Now a question, I recall hearing(reading) that the units currently in the Custom Battle Demo are only the faction's "special" units and the remainder of the roster will be filled out by a generic set of units. Has the Great Lord Hamilton done any work on those units?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    Why thank you Wille!

Now a question, I recall hearing(reading) that the units currently in the Custom Battle Demo are only the faction's "special" units and the remainder of the roster will be filled out by a generic set of units. Has the Great Lord Hamilton done any work on those units?
    They are coded but not skinned unfortunately.

HELLEKIN's Avatar Aquilifer

Hello guys...long time since the last time here ...well i have some units of mine from my vanilla welsh unit rooster, if you need units for the welsh i can contribute to the mood with this 4...peasent rabble,welsh light infantry, welsh spears and welsh swordsmen....take a look if you like to use it...cheers

Homo Homini Lupus

Quote Originally Posted by HELLEKIN View Post
    Hello guys...long time since the last time here ...well i have some units of mine from my vanilla welsh unit rooster, if you need units for the welsh i can contribute to the mood with this 4...peasent rabble,welsh light infantry, welsh spears and welsh swordsmen....take a look if you like to use it...cheers

Excellent work Hellkin! I'll be very interested to have your contribution to the mod too; your own signature for Wales.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar Princeps Prior

great news,
    looking forward to the beta release

new preview out: http://youtu.be/2FN6Wm0s1N8

HELLEKIN's Avatar Aquilifer

Ok...ill send it to you...i was working in a mood for four years...but unfortunately my computer get mad and i lost all my mood only saved small pieces from it... some units,unit cards and strat models...im cheking what i can save to see what i can give to you, if you want it, to complete wales and if fits others....still have the castles...norman keep, will you want it to strat models?

Cheers to all
    Last edited by HELLEKIN; March 31, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Homo Homini Lupus

Thread Information