Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1577

Thread: War of the West General Discussion

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: War of the West General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wareg View Post
    What is difference between horses from TGC and these from Rusichi?
    Rusichi s are the base of many units in most mods. The difference is WotW and TGC use different textures than Rusichi. In your case, I believe you could use the Rusichi and modify to your needs.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Dομέστικοc

What is difference between horses from TGC and these from Rusichi?
    Rusichi/Marka team was THE greater modding donator in the M2TW modding history.
    About horses.
    Marka horses are the basis of our creations with some changes regarding few vertex fixes and better texture planing.
    For example: Marka horses were the basis of 6 differend horses in TGC and the number can be greater.
    Marka team provided the needed material and modding community gave even more.
    Where Marka team had 4 main horse body textures TGC has 8.
    Marka horse armor models had some bone assignment issues.
    The greatest problems thought were the incorect riders posistions on the horses and the bad dying animation that "brakes" horses neck.
    Riders position fix has been provided by Briarius.
    Death animation though is still unfixed.
    TGC uses 10 horse body textures of Dome's, two by Leif Erikson , 4 of Rusichi and 4 hybrid made by all these.
    With hair and body combinations there are more than 30 horses in game.

Hi gents, I believe it's been a while we didn't give you a candy, how about a new Orkney unit.

HIRDMENN
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credit goes to:

Lord Hamilton: Unit creation and texture.
    Kjertesvein: Researches.

PLease give them a rep for their hardwork however with the new forum setting, I don't know how to give a link to reputation for each member. (Yeah I suck at it. )

Nelduin's Avatar a.k.a ALG & echuu

I love candies . As always, top-quality unit, keep it up !

Kjertesvein's Avatar Gaming Staff Tribune
    Vault Staff

2 points, this is the most historically accurate roster I've ever worked on. 2ndly, the graphical quality is even better then before. Enjoy!

~Wille
    Featured links:
    Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLk0vqad8dXss0QGwCHTRxg
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9U_UPJLasfZYZ0icNI0vBg
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AveunUK?feature=watch

Philosophy
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRiQGCHGjDLT9FQXFW0I3A
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp0k3OKqfkPW0HdRLA8JWZg
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc_xdkOBgSYLmXTn-VSQ4uA

History
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pgQfOXRsp4UKrI8q0zjXQ

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Tierd of playing on your own? Send me a PM when I'm online.

I have mic.

Miles

The units look great!!!

Will they be using their swords? Another question, is it possibleto mix the weapons? (2Hd Swords & Axe)

Really great work

Quote Originally Posted by xpoing View Post
    The units look great!!!

Will they be using their swords? Another question, is it possibleto mix the weapons? (2Hd Swords & Axe)

Really great work
    They will not use their swords, they will prefer to hack their foes with a heavy axe.
    It's possible to mix two-handed swords with two-handed axes however it is not possible to mix 2-handed weapons with one-handed weapon unless we create a totally new animation but it may be quite problematic and buggy as the pike animation.

Miles

oh, that would be huuuuuuuge.... c'on!!! who can do the animation?!?!? This would be brilliant 2hd units with 1hd units together. Someone has to do it

who'S with me lets start a petition!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    They will not use their swords, they will prefer to hack their foes with a heavy axe.
    It's possible to mix two-handed swords with two-handed axes however it is not possible to mix 2-handed weapons with one-handed weapon unless we create a totally new animation but it may be quite problematic and buggy as the pike animation.
    You don't have to create a New animation. I have a unit that uses both swords and two-handed axes. With the right balancing its not as buggy. It's just a matter of getting there. If you are interested PM me and I will walk you through it.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Miles

hi Heathen,
    could you show us a screenshot? (or better a video?)

highlander 69's Avatar Ikko-Ikki

I love my two handed axe units I can not wait to the slaughter begins.

Wareg's Avatar Aquilifer

I'm creating Unit Balance for WOTW but I need your help: I need to test Swiss halberdians. Of course there is no such unit in WOTW (although I'm sure It will be added )
    Lochaber militia is similar unit, but to make them more effective (as effective as Swiss was) they should have phalanx ability, as Halberd Militia in MTWII and Kingdoms. Simple changes in descr_unit and battle_models text files don't work (game crashes). How can I add halberd animation to Lochaber? How to add to them phalanx? Should I change something by MilkkShape(primary, secondary weapon in coments?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    You don't have to create a New animation. I have a unit that uses both swords and two-handed axes. With the right balancing its not as buggy. It's just a matter of getting there. If you are interested PM me and I will walk you through it.
    Interesting info on that matter mate, I may pm you about it but for the moment, we will stay on not switching weapons, for the sake of not wasting extra time for a detail that may take some time to adjust.

I'm creating Unit Balance for WOTW but I need your help: I need to test Swiss halberdians. Of course there is no such unit in WOTW (although I'm sure It will be added )
    Lochaber is similar unit, but to make them more effective (as effective as Swiss was) they should have phalanx ability, as Halberd in MTWII and Kingdoms. Simple changes in descr_unit and battle_models text files don't work (game crashes). How can I add halberd animation to Lochaber? How to add to them phalanx? Should I change something by MilkkShape(primary, secondary weapon in coments?)?
    You shouldn't need milkshape for this matter. Basically, you will simply need to play with the Export_descr_unit.txt file. Here's what you need to do:

In the unit entry, you should have the line below, what's in blue is what you need to add for your unit in order to allow the unit to use the phalanx formation:

formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 8, square, phalanx

For the animation, you will need to change what's in blue:
    soldier Swiss_Pikemen, 60, 0, 1

Unless in the bmdb file the line doesn't exist, you should be able to make your unit having your animation needed. Hope it helps.

Wareg's Avatar Aquilifer

Thank you, Polycarpe, It works (I've used halberd militia animation which fits even better). This is a lot of easier way than my earlier attempts.

J just thought I would mention this I find siege assaults on the demo insanely difficult and not very fun when 95% percent of my army is destroyed fighting considerable smaller defending army. This would obviously be a nightmare if the game play is like this when the mod is released.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by highlander 69 View Post
    J just thought I would mention this I find siege assaults on the demo insanely difficult and not very fun when 95% percent of my army is destroyed fighting considerable smaller defending army. This would obviously be a nightmare if the game play is like this when the mod is released.
    You might wish to give a general overview of your battle tactics, this can apply to any Mod

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

I have not played any other mods in years I compare it to the vanilla kingdoms game. I am quite good at this game after years of playing. On the top of my head one example is my Lordship of the Isles siege assault on the kingdom of scotland. My army consisted of 1 body guard 2 Uachdaran 6 Galloglaich 4 Gaisgeach 4 Sleaghadair vs a defending army of 4 Gaisgeach na Gallobha 2 Ettrick Archers 4 dismounted Serjeants. I had 4 latters and 2 battering rams at my disposal I used my typical full attack type tactics my Galloglaichs were the first to see battle I was attacking a castle with level 1 defences. When I fought in the castle square the arrows that were coming from the castle defences were insane compared to vanilla I hope this helps I cant wait to this mod is released I love the british isles medieval history.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander 69 View Post
    I have not played any other mods in years I compare it to the vanilla kingdoms game. I am quite good at this game after years of playing. On the top of my head one example is my Lordship of the Isles siege assault on the kingdom of scotland. My army consisted of 1 body guard 2 Uachdaran 6 Galloglaich 4 Gaisgeach 4 Sleaghadair vs a defending army of 4 Gaisgeach na Gallobha 2 Ettrick Archers 4 dismounted Serjeants. I had 4 latters and 2 battering rams at my disposal I used my typical full attack type tactics my Galloglaichs were the first to see battle I was attacking a castle with level 1 defences. When I fought in the castle square the arrows that were coming from the castle defences were insane compared to vanilla I hope this helps I cant wait to this mod is released I love the british isles medieval history.
    Yeah, I've changed drastically the effectiveness of towers and walls. For sure it will be quite challenging to siege castles or large cities without ranged siege equipment (catapults, trebuchets). I'll still do some adjustment on this matter but for now I think it's fair but in the demo, there's no siege weapons aside ladders and siege towers so that's why it's very difficult to win a siege.

On another note, how about a new teaser? The Skutilsveinr aka Norwegian knights. (if you look closely, Lord Hamilton used a new technique to make the texture and the models more detailed and realistic) Give a rep to this man, he deserves the credit!

Lord Hamilton outstanding work the The Skutilsveinr are visually stunning. I can not wait to use these units for a siege assault along with HIRDMENN.

Miles

They look great!

But more weapon diversity pleeeeease
    As you can see I'm an aesthetical type of player

Thread Information