Thread: Can this mod can be played in multiplayer campaign?

Default Can this mod can be played in multiplayer campaign?

Hello, I just bought Empire on Steam sale and Im wondering if I could play this Sith Mod with my friend? Also, are there any other factions than Jedi/Republic and Sith Empire in this mod? Mandalorians, Huts, Borgs or maybe even Cylons?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can this mod can be played in multiplayer campaign?

Sorry mate, Darth Mod is a realisim/patch/improved game play mod. It is all in the 1800s, no lasers, psychic death chokes, robotic camels, or hairy jungle dwelling crossbow weilding super mutants. You could say all the Sci-fi stuff you would expect in a 'Darth' mod has pulled a wedge and disappeared.

And no there is no multiplayer campaign.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

It is only called DarthMod because the creators name is Darth Vader

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    It is only called DarthMod because the creators name is Darth Vader
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    Sorry mate, Darth Mod is a realisim/patch/improved game play mod. It is all in the 1800s, no lasers, psychic death chokes, robotic camels, or hairy jungle dwelling crossbow weilding super mutants. You could say all the Sci-fi stuff you would expect in a 'Darth' mod has pulled a wedge and disappeared.

And no there is no multiplayer campaign.
    I just found the multiplayer part of this mod forums so it seems you can play multiplayer on the campaign map after all... so, quit lying to me.

Also, what do you mean by "It is all in the 1800s"???? You mean before the Battle of Endor or after. Im pretty sure there were laserz and stuff in the Old Republic.

And guys, pls dont troll me and answer my questions.

Darth mod is not about star wars. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not. The reason it's called Darth Mod is because it was created by a forum member called Darth Vader.

News to me buddy, as far as I knew there was no TW multiplayer campaign for any game. We were promised and it never came with the original Empire, then there was supposed to be a patch and i heard nothing of it since release so i never looked. Closest ive actually heard of is in Shogun 2 and they concept ive seen was horrible. One faction/player on the campaign map with the 'multiplayer' as you just fighting the battles vs a random human generals who gets picked up, so its not even a multiplayer campaign just more battles. (iirc)

And noone is trolling you (and it looks like you are trolling), this mod has _*NOTHING*_ to do with Starwars.

At.

All.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    News to me buddy, as far as I knew there was no TW multiplayer campaign for any game. We were promised and it never came with the original Empire, then there was supposed to be a patch and i heard nothing of it since release so i never looked. Closest ive actually heard of is in Shogun 2 and they concept ive seen was horrible. One faction/player on the campaign map with the 'multiplayer' as you just fighting the battles vs a random human generals who gets picked up, so its not even a multiplayer campaign just more battles. (iirc) .
    The multiplayer campaign was a beta for Empire and is not officially supported. You can download it from the Total War main website I think.

And which works really good and it IS a multiplayer campaign being able to do everything you can in a singleplayer campaign but with a mate playing another faction which you can pick any of the major factions and playing all battles or choosing to autoresolve, it works great
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

If my computer had the equipment, it would have a raging boner right now. Downloading now.

Where can I download this "multiplayer beta" - Im asking because the official site is broken for me for some reason, there must be some kind of a crazy script that automatically translates everything to polish and besides that, doesnt work. (Im asking for a direct link)

Can someone please explain to me step-by-step how to make this mod work with multiplayer so I can play campaign with my buddy? Also, during said campaign if my army engage AI army does my buddy has to sit and wait till I beat up the AI or is he in control of the AI army?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomislawus View Post
    Where can I download this "multiplayer beta" - Im asking because the official site is broken for me for some reason, there must be some kind of a crazy script that automatically translates everything to polish and besides that, doesnt work. (Im asking for a direct link)

Can someone please explain to me step-by-step how to make this mod work with multiplayer so I can play campaign with my buddy? Also, during said campaign if my army engage AI army does my buddy has to sit and wait till I beat up the AI or is he in control of the AI army?
    http://www.totalwar.com/empire/beta/
    I don't know how to get it working. I would just search this forum and the main TW forums for any answers.

Create an account and activate the account in your email box, then return to the link he has posted and login, then they will send an email to your Email box with the CD key of the multiplayer beta, copy the CD Key and go on Steam and click "+ Add a Game" then "Activate a Product on Steam" and put the multiplayer beta CD key, and TATA no need to download anything, just enter empire total war and go on Multiplayer lobby and you will see "Campaign Games" tab on the top
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Had to use proxy server to make the site working (why so much hate towards polish users?). Im not sure though it worked. How long Im supposed to wait for that CDkey?

EDIT: Nevermind, had to use US mail account to receive the BETA key at last.

WHY SO MUCH HATE FOR POLISH PEOPLE, CA AND SEGA??!!1!!!
    Last edited by Tomislawus; March 11, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Default DMUC multiplayer question

I heard DMUC is unplayable in multiplayer campaign. Is it because this version is highly customizable and there is a big chance that two players with DMUC will have incompatible versions or is there some other reason which cannot be overcomed with fact that both players are friends and are working in together - they can customize the mod in the same way and disable some of the features if they are a problem in multiplayer - in other words, is DMUC completely unplayable in multiplayer campaign or is it just "not recommended" due to above reasons?

Thanks!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Threads merged and moved to the multiplayer forum

We do not recommend using DMUC for multiplayer. It might work, but it will probably not unless you are very lucky.

Use DM only instead.