Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Informer Shogun 2 Review

Default Re: Strategy Informer Shogun 2 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
    By the way, regarding those CTD's: My contact at Creative Assembly tells me that a lot of them have been found and fixed, which is great, but I kind of wished they'd fixed them before I had my hands on it, but oh well.
    Sorry, but CA have said this some times already.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    source: http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2009/...-mike-simpson/
    October 09, 2009
    Patch 1.5 has just been released. This is the last planned major patch for Empire: Total War, and attempts to sweep up the remaining AI issues that for the hardcore gamer take the shine off of the Empire apple.

The previous patches have dealt with the most common crashes and tidied up a lot of bugs, and 1.4 dealt with a lot of the AI issues.

What is left at this point are a few minor issues spread around the game, and the last big campaign AI problem – the aggression leve

I wish they had some competition by other developers

EDIT: +rep to you, people are just Trolling here
    Last edited by Charbel; March 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post

I wish they had some competition by other developers
    What makes you think other developers wouldn't have similar issues?

I think the only people who dictates what our editorial remit is is us thanks. But yeah, I know I didn't mention the AI, but I felt it didn't need dwelling on too much this time around as there's so much else to talk about. Talking about the AI is getting to be a bit of a broken record anyway.
    LOL What?! The AI in this game is like a major selling point for CA, If you review the game, you have to atleast mention it..

Quote Originally Posted by Googoo24 View Post
    What makes you think other developers wouldn't have similar issues?
    I don't think this.

My point is that CA would care more to finish games IMO. BEFORE moving on on the "next wonderful franchise title"

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Hey guys,

So, here's our review of Shogun 2: Total War (I'll say it that way around until I die ). Hope you all enjoy it.

Strategy Informer - Shogun 2 Review

Score: 9/10

Marked down for some bugs, like random CTD's, and I couldn't help but feel balancing was off, but that could just be because I sucked Still, a very, very good game.

Enjoy!

MODS: Feel free to move this to a central reviews thread if one appears, I couldn't see one.
    hey its you again the guy that game etw a stupidly positive review which i also asked you about way back. You get paid again?

No one should listen to this guy he didn't mention the ai in his etw review either or any of the bugs. He's biased. just like he was back when i frist saw him.

@Queen: I think the only people who dictates what our editorial remit is is us thanks. But yeah, I know I didn't mention the AI, but I felt it didn't need dwelling on too much this time around as there's so much else to talk about. Talking about the AI is getting to be a bit of a broken record anyway.
    oh wow lol. Wow. Wow. What a pathetic excuse that is. You just didn't want your buddy ca getting mad at you and cutting you off so you can't generate lots of hits at your site quickly with your early review that people will search the net for. I am a reviewer as well with close ties to devs. I know how these things work on shady sites. You might fool the common man but i know you do this to pat ca's back so they pat yours and generate you more ad revenue from hits while you make their game look good, Actual journalistic integrity doesn't fit into it anywhere and i am ashamed to have to share a job title with you.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

The only reviews of totalwar I listen too are those of people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    hey its you again the guy that game etw a stupidly positive review which i also asked you about way back. You get paid again?

No one should listen to this guy he didn't mention the ai in his etw review either or any of the bugs. He's biased. just like he was back when i frist saw him.

oh wow lol. Wow. Wow. What a pathetic excuse that is. You just didn't want your buddy ca getting mad at you and cutting you off so you can't generate lots of hits at your site quickly with your early review that people will search the net for. I am a reviewer as well with close ties to devs. I know how these things work on shady sites. You might fool the common man but i know you do this to pat ca's back so they pat yours and generate you more ad revenue from hits while you make their game look good, Actual journalistic integrity doesn't fit into it anywhere and i am ashamed to have to share a job title with you.
    "Wow" indeed........

Somethings never change. I am waiting till after release and actual user reviews/experiences come out. I have not trusted the magazines or websites for years, they are reviewing for a very general interest audience. I also have not bought a $50-$59 game on any platform I thought was worth the money in a long time

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

Yojiimbo SLICE!!!

I sense this thread has pretty much burned and crashed...

I never read reviews...

I don't need anyone telling me if I'll like the game...

plus a review is still just one person's opinion... so in the end it holds little to no value...

plus a review is still just one person's opinion... so in the end it holds little to no value...
    exactly!

Laetus

Please, people, show some respect or at least some common decency. Maybe you don't agree with the review, but that doesn't mean you then have to accuse the person of being bribed by CA or being incompetent. Reviews aren't meant to jump an opinion upon you, instead they are supposed to give you one persons' opinion as a guide... so we should at the very least thank someone for taking the time to tell us how the game currently plays. Its just like when TWC members tell us about community events they've been on.

I'm sorry to see such rudeness on this forum.

Indefinitely Banned

That's the other hazard of the job - your integrity get's questioned a lot. You get used to it.

@Reign @Legate et al...: That's fine. I'm not asking you to read this one, and I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to think. There are people though who, whether trolling or not, would like to read it and are interested in what I have to say, so the only thing I as ask if for you to respect that. I wish you all the best though, and hope you enjoy playing Shogun 2.

@Yojimbo: Trust me, I think I'm more ashamed at having to share a job title with you than you are with me. But I'm not here for a flame war, so I'll just leave it at this: You couldn't be more wrong.

@Oberbefehlshaber: I don't "have" to do anything. If people are that dissapointed that I didn't talk about the AI, then I apologise. I was hoping my review would show you though that there are far better things to concentrate on (And worry about) now. And, if you read between the lines, the pargraphs where I talk about difficulty on the campaign map could be because of an enhanced CAI. I just didn't mention it by name.

@Reign @Legate et al...: That's fine. I'm not asking you to read this one, and I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to think. There are people though who, whether trolling or not, would like to read it and are interested in what I have to say, so the only thing I as ask if for you to respect that. I wish you all the best though, and hope you enjoy playing Shogun 2.
    I did read it and I thought it was good. I wasn't trying to be negative towards you personally, just reviews in general.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I don't pay much attention to any single review though I do enjoy reading them. So far STW 2 seems to be getting very good scores and I have a really good feeling about this game. I have already pre-ordered; which I almost never do for any game; but if STW 2 disappoints I will just chalk it up as yet one more life lesson that CA has taught me. I'm a sucker for learning.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MythicKhan View Post
    Please, people, show some respect or at least some common decency. Maybe you don't agree with the review, but that doesn't mean you then have to accuse the person of being bribed by CA or being incompetent. Reviews aren't meant to jump an opinion upon you, instead they are supposed to give you one persons' opinion as a guide... so we should at the very least thank someone for taking the time to tell us how the game currently plays. Its just like when TWC members tell us about community events they've been on.

I'm sorry to see such rudeness on this forum.
    Thats how the review industry works in a lot of places. and i can smell it a mile away having worked in the business for years.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 11, 2011 at 01:49 PM.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by legate View Post
    I did read it and I thought it was good. I wasn't trying to be negative towards you personally, just reviews in general.
    ^ this... yea i read it... not saying it was bad... but it won't change my mind either way... reviews are just something to read to see someone elses prospective not to make a decision if i like game or not

Even if the AI has not made major strides forward, if the multiplayer modes are as awesome as they sound then it wont even matter much anyway.

And Yojimbo, yes you are right journalism just like buisness and politics can have a very grubby side; after all who's to say you aren't being paid by one of SEGA or CA's rivals to publicly attack reviewers and try and hurt their game sales? Think before you throw wild accusations around.

Kudos to the OP for not getting drawn into a flame war either.
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

I am really starting to laugh at a few people on this forum. Every thread I read there's a handful of people that just hate on everything that has to do with Shogun 2 as if there is no possible way this game could ever be good. People need to chill out and relax, stop hating on CA stop hating on Shogun 2, and especially stop hating on the reviewers. Everyone of you (you know who I'm talking to) just wants someone to say "this game is awful" and I don't know why, if you don't like CA, if you don't like Shogun 2 then get off this fansite. Better yet people have got to stop commenting about how much Shogun 2 sucks, and how much CA sucks since all of you have never even touched the game yet save for the demo. I don't get what is going on this happens before and during every TW release everyone is excited to get the game then you get a few pessimists trying to ruin everyones' excitement and you all are annoying. If you don't like Total War or CA and you believe this game is gonna blow then DON'T BUY IT

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossepl9 View Post
    I am really starting to laugh at a few people on this forum. Every thread I read there's a handful of people that just hate on everything that has to do with Shogun 2 as if there is no possible way this game could ever be good. People need to chill out and relax, stop hating on CA stop hating on Shogun 2, and especially stop hating on the reviewers. Everyone of you (you know who I'm talking to) just wants someone to say "this game is awful" and I don't know why, if you don't like CA, if you don't like Shogun 2 then get off this fansite. Better yet people have got to stop commenting about how much Shogun 2 sucks, and how much CA sucks since all of you have never even touched the game yet save for the demo. I don't get what is going on this happens before and during every TW release everyone is excited to get the game then you get a few pessimists trying to ruin everyones' excitement and you all are annoying. If you don't like Total War or CA and you believe this game is gonna blow then DON'T BUY IT
    It makes them feel better and accepted... best to let it go and enjoy the game yourself...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast